PDA

View Full Version : (631) 570-8000

N2CHX
10-08-2014, 09:38 PM
These asshats keep calling my kids' cellphones trying to sign them up for credit cards -- despite the fact that we're on the do not call list and we've asked several times to have all our numbers removed from their call lists. They're a total scam. Won't even give their corporate address. They say they're "not allowed to give that information."

So after they called my 12 year old AGAIN tonight at 9:15, we went to war with them. Used all five phones to call them over and over, making them talk to each other, listen to noise, pretended to sign up under false names, until they finally stopped taking our calls and just put us on hold forever.

These people are the scum of the earth. They call one more time and I've already warned them that I have the software, SIP trunk, bandwidth and enough DID's to shut their call center down with 5,000 outgoing lines simultaneously. I will barrage them with thousands of simultaneous calls for an entire day and feed Justin Bieber songs to them until they beg me for mercy.

kd6nig
10-08-2014, 09:46 PM
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-631-570-8000

You're not the only one getting calls from them, it appears.

Does your cell phone company offer blocking? I know I get 5 numbers per phone with Verizon...have to log into the online to enable it, block is good for 90 days I think. I've only used it once though.

KG4CGC
10-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Send straight to voicemail. I never even hear the phone ring.

W2NAP
10-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Maybe Frank Garrett needs a chat with them.

KG4CGC
10-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Just realized.
"Straight to voicemail."
New meme.
It means; to ignore from the very beginning, to dismiss immediately.

Back in the day, people used to say, "Talk to the hand."

kd6nig
10-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Yeah but even with voicemail you have to go in and delete it, if they leave a message.

I much prefer a trip to /dev/null for such things. A nice "the caller is not taking calls from this number" followed by a nice solid CLICK.

N2CHX
10-08-2014, 10:11 PM
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-631-570-8000

You're not the only one getting calls from them, it appears.

Does your cell phone company offer blocking? I know I get 5 numbers per phone with Verizon...have to log into the online to enable it, block is good for 90 days I think. I've only used it once though.

We have blocking apps installed on all the phones because of these people. Unfortunately, they change up their outgoing CID's often, so if we block one we will get called again by another number within a week or two.

I filed a BBB complaint and am going to sue. They have clearly violated the DNC laws.

KG4CGC
10-08-2014, 10:17 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Voicemail_zps23eb8c1f.png

kd6nig
10-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Don't blame you. I only had to go to the screaming level once, with a collection agency that was calling for my ex-wife. Of over 10 years ago.

What ticked me off about them is that I started answering the calls, and told 7 different people from the place that I divorced her 10 years ago and that was the last time I saw her, and to quit calling. I finally demanded a supervisor and one amazingly called me back and the calls stopped.

I didn't appreciate the fact they lit up my cell as well as my home phone, and that for some reason their computer system couldn't note the first time I told them I didn't know where she was.

I'm not sure, but I think there are rules about contacting kids as well. Once the company knows the phone doesn't belong to an adult, I think they have to get permission to continue calling. Or I may be confusing that with the rule online that kids cannot sign up for a lot of websites without parental permission. I know if I was a telemarketer I'd delete them upon knowing that, because you're obviously wasting your time even calling them, much less raising the ire of the parent....

K7SGJ
10-08-2014, 11:00 PM
12 years old? Let them issue him/her a card, max it out, and let the fuckers try to collect. Bastids

n6hcm
10-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah but even with voicemail you have to go in and delete it, if they leave a message.

more importantly, these can fill up your voicemail (keeping out people who you might actually want voicemail from).

N2NH
10-09-2014, 03:24 AM
When I get fed up with them, I find a way to get them to meltdown. In Florida they call and harrass you. So, I calmly give them a piece of my mind. Politics works. Blaming them works too. These leeches are nearly always Teabagger types, and can't deal with reality not even in small doses. They usually start screaming after a few minutes and then they inexplicably never call again. I wonder why? ;)

K4WGE
10-09-2014, 08:26 AM
12 years old? Let them issue him/her a card, max it out, and let the fuckers try to collect. Bastids

Perfect.

KC2UGV
10-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Some of the operators really enjoy Lil John's "Turn Down for what"

I can keep them on the phone for about 1.5 minutes with it lol

W3WN
10-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Nah, because once the bastids figure out who really used the card, they might go after you, not the kid.

- - - - - - - - -

Kel, you do know that you can sue these people for up to $1000 per incident (ie phone call) in small claims court? If you have documented all of their calls (date, time, duration, what you told them), you have a solid case.

Now, collecting might be an issue. You may want to discuss this with an attorney, who would know exactly how to phrase the letter. Of course, the attorney would charge you a fee of, say, 40% for his/her time & trouble (and efforts to collect), but so what? Oh, and you might have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get the shekels. They really don't like the publicity.

But you can sue, or at least threaten to sue, and if you have your ducks in a row, they WILL pay off.

I can not tell you how I know this. :whistle:

N2CHX
10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Nah, because once the bastids figure out who really used the card, they might go after you, not the kid.

- - - - - - - - -

Kel, you do know that you can sue these people for up to $1000 per incident (ie phone call) in small claims court? If you have documented all of their calls (date, time, duration, what you told them), you have a solid case.

Now, collecting might be an issue. You may want to discuss this with an attorney, who would know exactly how to phrase the letter. Of course, the attorney would charge you a fee of, say, 40% for his/her time & trouble (and efforts to collect), but so what? Oh, and you might have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get the shekels. They really don't like the publicity.

But you can sue, or at least threaten to sue, and if you have your ducks in a row, they WILL pay off.

I can not tell you how I know this. :whistle:

Oh, I'm well aware and I already have the ball rolling on that one. We'll see where it goes.

w6tmi
10-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Justin Bieber songs to them until they beg me for mercy.

Now THAT'S just plain ol mean!

W3WN
10-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh, I'm well aware and I already have the ball rolling on that one. We'll see where it goes.Great! Thought as much, but I had to be sure.

Nail the buggers.

W3WN
10-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Now THAT'S just plain ol mean!Nah. It's cruel & unusual punishment.

But since we're not The Government, the 8th Amendment doesn't come into play.