PDA

View Full Version : How Does It Work?

KG4CGC
10-05-2014, 04:48 PM
How does this thing work? It would be neat to power small radios etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoCBORXzOqU

PA5COR
10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Simple, the Guy is quite next to a high power tv/radio transmitter, using the strong magnet from an H.D. and coil he uses the small pick up antenna to feed the coil and magnet lots of R.F. and lets the motor run.

Look at the given GPS coordinates , it is in the Netherlands guessing Smilde where there is a large tv/radio transmitting antenna setup with several 100's of kilowatts.

NQ6U
10-05-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't know exactly how, but this video has been faked. What's being demonstrated violates the second law of thermodynamics.

K7SGJ
10-05-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't know exactly how, but this video has been faked. What's being demonstrated violates the second law of thermodynamics.

He should be prosecuted, or maybe, prostituted.

N2CHX
10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
I've seen this before. Totally faked. This wouldn't even work if placed next to a 50 kW AM transmitter. For one thing, you'd have to have a diode and at least a couple of uF of filter caps to rectify the RF to DC and smooth it out enough for the motor to make use of it. Second, unless you're a couple of feet from a tuning coil in an ATU, that tiny coil isn't going to pick up enough stray RF to power even a small DC motor.

What I've seen revealed on these videos before is that there is a small watch battery soldered into the coil assembly somewhere. This is all about hype and getting ad revenue by getting people's hopes up over "free" energy.

ETA: The whole damn thing is pretty funny, really. Assembled to look impressive and fool people who don't know anything about EMF and RF. I believe the battery is soldered in right in the center where the second, smaller coil is soldered on.

NQ6U
10-05-2014, 05:56 PM
He should be prosecuted, or maybe, prostituted.

His fakery constitutes a violation of applicable statutes. He should be persecuted, then executed.

K7SGJ
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
His fakery constitutes a violation of applicable statutes. He should be persecuted, then executed.

Or share the gallows with Jodi Arias. Then they could both be hung.

KG4CGC
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
In ter rest ting.

WØTKX
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
It's John Galt's Motor. :shifty:

PA5COR
10-06-2014, 02:05 AM
My rf sniffer needs just a little rf , a small pick up wite and a schottky diode and on small C to drive a 4 " meter hard.
That is milliwatts at 3 feet or more away will peg the meter.
Standing directly in the field of a 100 KW transmitter will do a bit more, a small diode could be in that contraption as well, the C over the motor connections of that motor will do the rest.
Turning the contraption around to get as much RF in the pickup wite did tell the trick

N2CHX
10-06-2014, 05:55 AM
My rf sniffer needs just a little rf , a small pick up wite and a schottky diode and on small C to drive a 4 " meter hard.
That is milliwatts at 3 feet or more away will peg the meter.
Standing directly in the field of a 100 KW transmitter will do a bit more, a small diode could be in that contraption as well, the C over the motor connections of that motor will do the rest.
Turning the contraption around to get as much RF in the pickup wite did tell the trick

Read my post above. It's all bullshit. Did you notice the magnet taken out of a hard drive that is hot glued to the coil? This guy has no clue what he's doing as far as real science. It's all a trick.

KK4AMI
10-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Read my post above. It's all bullshit. Did you notice the magnet taken out of a hard drive that is hot glued to the coil? This guy has no clue what he's doing as far as real science. It's all a trick.

I agree with you Kelli. The "Motionless Electromotive Generator" scam has been around for years. Thomas Bearden scammed the US Patent Office with a more sophisticated one a while back. One guy debunked this guy by saying the scammer drilled two holes in the neodynium magnet to install two 3v hearing aid batteries for power. I'll bet I could take that 12 volt motor can, strip the guts out of the motor and reinstall a micromotor and battery in the can. Then every time I connect the copper coil, the connection completes and the motor runs.

However, I could see a patent on that Magnet/Coil/alligator clip combination. If you have a steel soldering bench it would stick anywhere, hold your soldering iron and two of what ever you happen to be smoking.

KG4NEL
10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Or share the gallows with Jodi Arias. Then they could both be hung.

They said you was hung!

NQ6U
10-06-2014, 10:00 AM
They said you was hung!

And they was right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIV4YJfTWoU&list=UUaf-lBl0AHeA0Q65QjEQNZA

kb2vxa
10-06-2014, 10:41 AM
"I believe the battery is soldered in right in the center where the second, smaller coil is soldered on."

Sharp eyes Kel, the smaller coil is a typical magician's trick, a red herring to divert attention from the strangest looking solder blob. The big coil is not continuous, each end is soldered to each side of the battery, the meter shows typical voltage. If you want latsa wattsa free electricity just drive about half a kilometre east and get out your jumper cables.