PDA

View Full Version : Headset for Galaxy S4

n2ize
10-03-2014, 02:55 PM
The other night I lost my OEM headset that came with my Galaxy S4 phone. I was pretty satisfied with the OEM headset, audio quality was quite good for listening to music, good bass and good freq response, earbuds fit comfortably and stayed in place, also nice clear audio for phone use.

I started checking around on sites like Amazon for a replacement set of OEM headphones. Lots of sellers have them but they all seem to get bad reviews and people claim they are not the original OEM sets but are rather cheap poor quality knockoff's. This has caused me to hesitate chancing it and ordering a new pair.

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend a good brand of headphones that will work for the S4. Preferably something not high priced yet something that is of decent qyuality, at least the same quality as the OEM headset or better. Or, does anyone know of a dealer that has the originals as opposed to fake knockoff's. Samsung doesn't seem to have them listed for retail on their site. Any suggestions on a decent brand/model of headset would be appreciated. I don't want to get stuck with a cheap knockoff set that sounds like crap.

koØm
10-03-2014, 03:13 PM
The other night I lost my OEM headset that came with my Galaxy S4 phone. I was pretty satisfied with the OEM headset, audio quality was quite good for listening to music, good bass and good freq response, earbuds fit comfortably and stayed in place, also nice clear audio for phone use.

I started checking around on sites like Amazon for a replacement set of OEM headphones. Lots of sellers have them but they all seem to get bad reviews and people claim they are not the original OEM sets but are rather cheap poor quality knockoff's. This has caused me to hesitate chancing it and ordering a new pair.

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend a good brand of headphones that will work for the S4. Preferably something not high priced yet something that is of decent qyuality, at least the same quality as the OEM headset or better. Or, does anyone know of a dealer that has the originals as opposed to fake knockoff's. Samsung doesn't seem to have them listed for retail on their site. Any suggestions on a decent brand/model of headset would be appreciated. I don't want to get stuck with a cheap knockoff set that sounds like crap.

It's a trade off, for as little as ten bucks and tax, you can pick up a set of ear buds at Walmart and you will be set to go; the audio quality may not be as good as a Bose or Dr. Dre labeled item but, if you lose them you will not feel bad about it. Conversely, I've seen some costing 80 bucks at Microcenter but I could not tell you if they are worth the price.

n2ize
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I might just spring for a set on ebay and hope for the best.

kf0rt
10-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey John -- try these: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1GVD5I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm pretty sure they're genu-wine Samsung. I'm pretty hard on cheap headphones, and one set of these will last a good 6 months (buy 'em 3 at a time). They do sound pretty good, work great as hand-free headsets, and the remote works. I've got an S3, but it will work the same on the S4/5.

n2ize
10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey John -- try these: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1GVD5I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm pretty sure they're genu-wine Samsung. I'm pretty hard on cheap headphones, and one set of these will last a good 6 months (buy 'em 3 at a time). They do sound pretty good, work great as hand-free headsets, and the remote works. I've got an S3, but it will work the same on the S4/5.

Thanks. They look good so I'll give them a try. In the meantime I found a set of SONY earbuds that I forgot I had. They work for music and stuff but they have no volume control or mic so they are no good for phone use but they'll tide me over till I get a new headset. Thanks for the link.

WØTKX
10-03-2014, 05:42 PM

I'm a fan of Sony "XB" earbuds, the ones that actually insert into the ear canal.

"In the ear" bugs some people, but making a good seal helps. XB stands for "xtra bass" but they are not thumpy.

Hooooooooooleeeeee crap. Hiya stranger! :clap:

NQ6U
10-03-2014, 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they're genu-wine Samsung. I'm pretty hard on cheap headphones, and one set of these will last a good 6 months (buy 'em 3 at a time). They do sound pretty good, work great as hand-free headsets, and the remote works. I've got an S3, but it will work the same on the S4/5.[...]Hooooooooooleeeeee crap. Hiya stranger! :clap:

What, he's been gone? I hadn't noticed...

kf0rt
10-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm a fan of Sony "XB" earbuds, the ones that actually insert into the ear canal.

"In the ear" bugs some people, but making a good seal helps. XB stands for "xtra bass" but they are not thumpy.

If it weren't for my steadfast Sony boycott... These Samsungs are in-ear (unless I'm missing something). They're pretty comfortable for hours-at-a-time use (but pick the right 'bud' for your ear size). Had a set swiped from my desk at work... Isn't that like borrowing someone's toothbrush?

I could tell tales... Got to thinking about IOMH in a very rare non-panic time at work today. The jernt looks friendly and oddly familiar. ;) Howya been, Dave?

kf0rt
10-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks. They look good so I'll give them a try. In the meantime I found a set of SONY earbuds that I forgot I had. They work for music and stuff but they have no volume control or mic so they are no good for phone use but they'll tide me over till I get a new headset. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, think you'll do okay with these. If they send you what they sent me, you'll be pleased. And it all just works realcheap. I've bought $70-80 Sennheiser's that I didn't like as well.

kf0rt
10-03-2014, 06:55 PM
What, he's been gone? I hadn't noticed...

Spent the whole time in the confessional. I SWEAR!

How you been, Carlo?

K7SGJ
10-03-2014, 07:08 PM

I have a headrest for a 62 Galaxie 500 if that will help you any.

NQ6U
10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Spent the whole time in the confessional. I SWEAR!

Yeah, sure, that's what they all say. You can't fool Il Papa when it comes to that, you know. It's all on your Permanent Record at the Vatican.

How you been, Carlo?

Meh.

K7SGJ
10-03-2014, 07:52 PM
If it weren't for my steadfast Sony boycott... These Samsungs are in-ear (unless I'm missing something). They're pretty comfortable for hours-at-a-time use (but pick the right 'bud' for your ear size). Had a set swiped from my desk at work... Isn't that like borrowing someone's toothbrush?

I could tell tales... Got to thinking about IOMH in a very rare non-panic time at work today. The jernt looks friendly and oddly familiar. ;) Howya been, Dave?

Well well well. Look what the cat drug in..............and out.........and in......and out. Hi ya Rob. Been doing any shutter bugging?

n2ize
10-04-2014, 06:40 PM

I like the "in canal" sets. For me they are ore comfortable and the sound quality is great. Althoyugh today I was using the SONY set which stays on the outside of the ear and they did a good job. My most preferred headsets are "the cans" that cover the entire ear but they are sort of bulky and not always easy to carry around.

kf0rt
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Well well well. Look what the cat drug in..............and out.........and in......and out. Hi ya Rob. Been doing any shutter bugging?

I know, right? Heya Eddie, trust the desert is treating you well. Outside of a few trips, haven't had much opportunity to play with the cameras (and no new toys along those lines). You got that D7000 whipped into shape?

kf0rt
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah, sure, that's what they all say. You can't fool Il Papa when it comes to that, you know. It's all on your Permanent Record at the Vatican.

Meh.

Meh works here, too. At least you have the sisters.

NQ6U
10-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Meh works here, too. At least you have the sisters.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/angry_nun_with_ruler.jpg?w=620

Oh, yeah, I got the sisters all right. Unfortunately, Mother Brunhilde has taken over the reigns at the Vatican convent.

K7SGJ
10-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I know, right? Heya Eddie, trust the desert is treating you well. Outside of a few trips, haven't had much opportunity to play with the cameras (and no new toys along those lines). You got that D7000 whipped into shape?

Well, I'm doing a lot better with it. That thing has more menu items than a Chinese restaurant. It is fun to use, and I pretty well have all the buttons and stuff memorized. I still have to carry a cheat sheet with me. And I get a lot of use out of the 60mm macro you suggested. I probably use that more than any of the others. It's a nice piece of glass.

kf0rt
10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, I'm doing a lot better with it. That thing has more menu items than a Chinese restaurant. It is fun to use, and I pretty well have all the buttons and stuff memorized. I still have to carry a cheat sheet with me. And I get a lot of use out of the 60mm macro you suggested. I probably use that more than any of the others. It's a nice piece of glass.

Love it; just never enough time to play, it seems. The 7K is still #1 on the beach (over 10K pictures on the 7000, but that's hardly a record). Haven't had much time for the hobby side. Ebbs and flows, ya know?

I think I need to rearrange my priorities.

kf0rt
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/angry_nun_with_ruler.jpg?w=620

Oh, yeah, I got the sisters all right. Unfortunately, Mother Brunhilde has taken over the reigns at the Vatican convent.

I'm not sure if I feel your pain or not. Pretty sure I owe you a beer either way, though.

WØTKX
10-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Now, if Rob actually gets on the rayyyydio, I'll pass out. Or something.

BTW, I'd LOVE to work you for SKCC. Modulated CW on 2 meter FM would be hilarious, Agent #13!

:stickpoke:

And, lets get some food sometime. So much has gone on.... I even got married. :shock:

kf0rt
10-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Married? No shit?

n2ize
10-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Yeah, think you'll do okay with these. If they send you what they sent me, you'll be pleased. And it all just works realcheap. I've bought $70-80 Sennheiser's that I didn't like as well.

Just to let you know how things worked out all turned out okay. The headset turned out to be the same as the set I lost. And about a day after I placed the order I found yet another identical headset that I forgot I had. So now I have an extra pair.