PDA

View Full Version : Any DXLabs users here can help me set it up?

W5BRM
10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Hi guys. I'm looking into DXLabs andhave downloaded the suite. I am intersted in getting it to automatically upload to LOTW and eQSL abd HRD. The thing is, I simply CANNOT figure out how to import an ADIF file from WSJT-x into the logger. I have looked around the program and readup some but there is WAY too much info and that makes it very confusing on how to configure it. I actually noticed that for each configuration entry, there is another configuration and then inside THAT one, another configuration. Gets very very confusing. I could proly get it figured out if I could only get an ADIF loaded into it. Anyone have any idea on how to do this?

n0iu
10-04-2014, 05:20 AM
I don't use any of the DXLab stuff at this time (but I may look into it because the guys at HRD are really pissing me off big time!), but there is a Yahoo group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dxlab/info) where you might as this question or email AA6YQ directly (aa6yq@ambersoft.com) since he is the one who writes DXLab and is also one of the main authors of LoTW. So if anyone should be able to answer your question, he should!

W5BRM
10-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Actually, I got it working somehow. Installed JTALERT and somehow I got that to read and record my jt65 qso's then set up DXKEEPER to read the adi or mdb file put up by JTALERT and it pulls my qso's in from that. Confusing and I don't remember how I did it...lol! I can't get Commander to work with JT65 as WSJT has exclusive use of the port and Commander can't read it. The other programs, I haven't even looked at much less tried to get to use.

kb2vxa
10-05-2014, 08:02 AM
"Confusing and I don't remember how I did it...lol!"

Next time document every step so you know what you did right. If you foul something up you can backtrack, try something else and document everything again until you get it right. Then you can discard everything you did wrong and have a record of what you did right.

I did that some years ago when I built an FM stereo receiver that worked the first time. Then I made a series of improvements documenting everything until the last one, dead as the proverbial door nail. OK, put it back to the way it was the last time it worked, nothing. Back one more step, still nothing. <snip> Under a mark on the cement basement wall lay a twisted piece of scrap metal.

Moral of the story:
Maintenance Rule 1) If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

W5BRM
10-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Install WSJT-x
Install JTAlert
Install DXLabs Suite

Start JTAlert-WSJT-x (The user icon is a red customized X) There is entries for JT65HF. You don't want this unless you are JT65HF
In JTAlert click settings Scroll to Logging - Checkmark Enable "DXLabs DXKeeper Logging"
Ensure the logfile path is set to where your DXKeeper .mdb log is kept.

Thats all there was to it. DXKeeper automatically reads any entries made by JTAlert to the DXKeeper .mdb file and shows the changes on the QSO screen.

For uploading to LOTW and eQSL via DXKeeper:
Open DXKeeper.
Go to Export QSO's tab
Click Configure in bottom right
Open Log tab
Click Config on bottom left
Open EQSL or LOTW tab enter information user name password. For LOTW on bottom, click select and navigate to where your TQSL program exe is installed.

After QSO is made and entered into DXKeeper log on the QSO screen tab, rightclick the callsign entry.
Dropdown menu gives you options to upload to eQSL, LOTW and Clublog. Pick the service u want to use.. For LOTW, there will be a dialog box asking for your LOTW password before it will upload anything.

You can also add QSO's to a Queue to upload to a particular service.
To pick the service open the QSL tab. At top, pick your service you want. Warning: If you choose to enter QSO's into the Queue, you lose the option to upload individual QSO's to any other service. Also, when you do upload the Queue to your chsen service, the screen automatically clears upon completion. You CANNOT upload the queue to another service. That makes using it quite inconvenient if you use multiple services