PDA

View Full Version : KB3LAZ MIA

N2NH
09-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Just realized that he hasn't been around for awhile. I hope he isn't on a milk carton somewhere.

Anyone know what happened to the Island Vamp?

NQ6U
09-21-2014, 01:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XP7eQFk.png

kb2vxa
09-21-2014, 07:57 PM
He was preparing to come home, jumping through paper hoops getting Tangled Up In Blue (ink). Gee, I hope he didn't book passage on the Titanic.

KC2UGV
09-21-2014, 07:58 PM
I hope he didn't have a run-in with the Immigra.

VE7DCW
09-21-2014, 10:29 PM
He was preparing to come home, jumping through paper hoops getting Tangled Up In Blue (ink). Gee, I hope he didn't book passage on the Titanic.

.......and let's hope he didn't book passage on the Lusitania even for that matter! ...... those temporal subspace anomalies are a bitch, even the second time around! :yes:

KG4CGC
09-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Cilantro es cantante. Cilantro es muy famoso. Cilantro es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

kb2vxa
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
There goes that cheese of the devil again.

NQ6U
09-22-2014, 01:01 PM
.......and let's hope he didn't book passage on the Lusitania even for that matter! ...... those temporal subspace anomalies are a bitch, even the second time around! :yes:

I heard he's on the Andrea Doria.

N2NH
09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2yu0lqq.png

That's great. Now to figure out how to get it to my avatar. :lol:

EDIT: Done. Tnx pope.

XE1/N5AL
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Don't worry: Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, or even a cilantro barge ...the 14.300 MMSN has you covered!

KG4CGC
09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Don't worry: Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, or even a cilantro barge ...the 14.300 MMSN has you covered!

Like.

W7XF
09-23-2014, 02:46 AM
He's on the SS Minnow.

N2CHX
09-23-2014, 06:47 AM
I heard he's on the Andrea Doria.

Andrea Doria? That's an Italian ship. Maybe Alfonso VIII?

NQ6U
09-23-2014, 09:37 AM

I heard that the Edmund Fitzgerald carries passengers.

N2CHX
09-23-2014, 10:06 AM

Well now you're just way out there :snicker:

NA4BH
09-23-2014, 10:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJvwXLEt_E

N8YX
09-23-2014, 10:14 AM
I hear there's a case of the stuff in my refrigerator. :yes:

kd6nig
09-23-2014, 01:17 PM
14.300 nets even take open check ins if they have nothing going on.

I checked into the Pacific Seafarers one Sunday night about 7:45 pacific time. The guy running it was out of El Paso and had two beams going-one pointing east, one pointing west.

I heard him make a few contacts after mine and then the band started changing and he vanished. After 8pm though the West Coast one started and I could hear them again.

First time I've heard them open it up to everyone. Sometimes just go there to listen to see how well the band is doing, always something going on usually.

N2NH
09-23-2014, 03:52 PM

What? No pope Carlo I?

NQ6U
09-23-2014, 04:09 PM
What? No pope Carlo I?

It sank immediately after launching. Off the ways, right to the bottom. I don't care what they tell me—the next one is gonna be designed by marine engineers, not Cardinals.

—Da Pope

N2NH
09-23-2014, 05:57 PM
It sank immediately after launching. Off the ways, right to the bottom. I don't care what they tell me—the next one is gonna be designed by marine engineers, not Cardinals.

—Da Pope

They probably tried to hold it together with nun-juice.

K7SGJ
09-23-2014, 06:04 PM

—Da Pope

Maybe if they didn't make the superstructure look like mitres or zucchettos, it would be less top heavy and less likely to make the first stop at Davy Jones Locker.

N2CHX
09-23-2014, 06:32 PM
They probably tried to hold it together with nun-juice.

I don't even want to know what that is.

K7SGJ
09-23-2014, 06:35 PM

I hope it means they just chew Skoal, and it is only Nun spit.

W7XF
09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
I still say he got onto the SS Minnow.

N2NH
09-24-2014, 11:25 AM

No doubt about it.

I hope it means they just chew Skoal, and it is only Nun spit.

Nope. They may look like Popeye, but they don't chew...

suddenseer
09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Yea, but what really makes a Subaru, a Subaru?

NA4BH
09-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Yea, but what really makes a Subaru, a Subaru?

Contact cement?

N2NH
09-26-2014, 12:12 AM
That it's not an Isuzu?

http://hill-kleerup.org/blog/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/joe-isuzu.jpg

n2ize
09-26-2014, 02:53 AM

I don't blame you. Neither do I.

n2ize
09-26-2014, 02:56 AM
No doubt about it.

Nope. They may look like Popeye, but they don't chew...

You are thinking of the old days when nuns used to crack kids heads with their bare hands. Modern day nuns are hot.

N2NH
09-26-2014, 09:52 AM
You are thinking of the old days when nuns used to crack kids heads with their bare hands. Modern day nuns are hot.

Nonononono. Not hot. I do my very best to avoid them. The latent angst has given way to ambivalent meh, but they're the closest thing to superstition that I have. I used to think it was just me but Pierce Brosnan and Brad Pitt feel the same way.

Penguins are bad luck. The worst.

WØTKX
09-26-2014, 10:21 AM
http://0.tqn.com/y/classiccars/1/S/9/2/-/-/1970subaru.gif

NQ6U
09-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Penguins are bad luck. The worst.

Don't fuck with the penguins, son, don't fuck with the penguins.

—Da Pope

http://i.imgur.com/YxBVqsG.gif (http://imgur.com/YxBVqsG)

K7SGJ
09-26-2014, 10:56 AM
http://0.tqn.com/y/classiccars/1/S/9/2/-/-/1970subaru.gif

I'll be damned. Arizona plates, and I don't recall having ever seen one of those, anywhere.

N2NH
09-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't fuck with the penguins, son, don't fuck with the penguins.

—Da Pope

http://i.imgur.com/YxBVqsG.gif (http://imgur.com/YxBVqsG)

Ninja's freak out when they come across a nun. They're masters of all forms of weapons and mavens of destruction and torture.

The original Masters of Disaster.

http://youtu.be/ujxDA9VsQG4

suddenseer
09-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Is it weird to be turned on by nuns? I am not, but one of my earliest fears was a grammar school principal who was also a nun. I used to be afraid of her, but have recently shared a few shots of scotch with her now. I am not religious, but if -od is catholic, I know what she looks like.

W7XF
10-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Travis posted on FB a couple of days ago....I sent him a message saying the militant lesbian nun corps would be sent out after him if he doesn't check in with His HolyShitness... :werd:

N2NH
10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Is it weird to be turned on by nuns? I am not, but one of my earliest fears was a grammar school principal who was also a nun. I used to be afraid of her, but have recently shared a few shots of scotch with her now. I am not religious, but if -od is catholic, I know what she looks like.

There are few things that I find weird, if it floats your boat, fine business. I'm sure that you're not alone. I don't have a problem with nuns anymore having resolved those issues, but... they're still bad luck if I see one in habit. :yes:

N2NH
10-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Travis posted on FB a couple of days ago....I sent him a message saying the militant lesbian nun corps would be sent out after him if he doesn't check in with His HolyShitness... :werd:

Danke. I mean, gracias.

VE7DCW
10-01-2014, 06:17 PM

That is brutal! :mrgreen:

N2NH
10-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Sooo...

(waiting for the other shoe to drop.)

PA5COR
10-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Tick tock tick tock...

KB3LAZ
10-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I totally spaced. I have been doing paperwork and am teaching on the weekends. Not to mention I had to redo the bathroom which meant removing all of the tiles and the lot. I have to juggle all of that as well as making time for my wife and her family.

Fortunately it is a holiday weekend here so I have an extra day. Also, Pilar just got her next form in the mail which means we finally get to start the final step. I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long when suddenly the papers came in the mail and explained it all.

The Nebraska office was overloaded so we were transferred to New Hampshire. Also, there are no case agents in Spain so we have to go through Paris. If I am understanding things correctly, when Pili goes in for her meeting (not the kind from the movie green card, that has already been done, twice) it will be in Paris and they will go over all of the paperwork with her to make sure it is all valid ad that she understands everything. After that they greenlight it and send it in. Then about two weeks later she will get her packet to go to the airport and when she lands in the states the majority of the paperwork is over.

How long will that take? I have given up guessing at that. What I know is that after this form is given the okay, a meeting date will be set for no more than 90 days later. So it will be up to 90+14+processing time. Feb/March? Again, I am done guessing, lol. When they say it takes two years, they are not shitting you.

Some progress is better than no progress.

That aside, I didn't mean to worry anyone, I have just been spaced out.

N2NH
10-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey, good to see that you're okay. What with all the stuff people are catching and the wars all over the place, good to see that you are doing fine.

Had that milk container as an avatar for a couple of weeks too. ;)

KB3LAZ
10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Hey, good to see that you're okay. What with all the stuff people are catching and the wars all over the place, good to see that you are doing fine.

Had that milk container as an avatar for a couple of weeks too. ;)

Yeah, hard to avoid that news but I try to. No point in worrying about stuff like that. It is always something.

Worst thing I have had to deal with is tiger mosquitoes. They triple tap you before you can squash them and they leave a hole like a gun shot. I basically lived in the forest in the states with no issues from bugs but here something bites me and I look like I have been tortured.

That aside, I am building up a decent bank roll as I never buy anything for myself here as it is too much of a pain to bring it to the states with me. :) Will make for a good fresh start when we get back and start looking for work again. Which, compared to here shouldn't be hard to find.

By the time I get home it may be Ham fest season again, LOL.

W7XF
10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I totally spaced. I have been doing paperwork and am teaching on the weekends. Not to mention I had to redo the bathroom which meant removing all of the tiles and the lot. I have to juggle all of that as well as making time for my wife and her family.

Fortunately it is a holiday weekend here so I have an extra day. Also, Pilar just got her next form in the mail which means we finally get to start the final step. I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long when suddenly the papers came in the mail and explained it all.

The Nebraska office was overloaded so we were transferred to New Hampshire. Also, there are no case agents in Spain so we have to go through Paris. If I am understanding things correctly, when Pili goes in for her meeting (not the kind from the movie green card, that has already been done, twice) it will be in Paris and they will go over all of the paperwork with her to make sure it is all valid ad that she understands everything. After that they greenlight it and send it in. Then about two weeks later she will get her packet to go to the airport and when she lands in the states the majority of the paperwork is over.

How long will that take? I have given up guessing at that. What I know is that after this form is given the okay, a meeting date will be set for no more than 90 days later. So it will be up to 90+14+processing time. Feb/March? Again, I am done guessing, lol. When they say it takes two years, they are not shitting you.

Some progress is better than no progress.

That aside, I didn't mean to worry anyone, I have just been spaced out.

I see that Da Pope's militant lesbian nun corps finally found you!!!

KB3LAZ
10-11-2014, 01:21 PM
I see that Da Pope's militant lesbian nun corps finally found you!!!

No nuns, just happenstance.

PA5COR
10-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Good to hear fro you again M8 ;)

At least you are quite busy, no time to play radio I see, but wishing you both luck in the paperwork and all the stuff that needs to be done.
Take some time to relax...

kb2vxa
10-12-2014, 01:22 PM
"Yeah, I totally spaced."
Then stop biting hippies!

"Worst thing I have had to deal with is tiger mosquitoes."
That must be frustrating, you have a nice satisfying meal then they take it away from you.

Welcome back Kotter, now remember not to stay away so long next time. You had us all worried like you got lost in the maze of red tape or something.

K7SGJ
10-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi ya Travis. Glad to see you're okay, but sorry to hear you guys are still in the Government Endless Paper Loop. I hope it slows down enough you can jump off and end up back in the USA. Except for Texas, and maybe Bob's Minnesota.

NQ6U
10-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi ya Travis. Glad to see you're okay, but sorry to hear you guys are still in the Government Endless Paper Loop. I hope it slows down enough you can jump off and end up back in the USA. Except for Texas, and maybe Bob's Minnesota.

Minnesota is nice this time of year, mostly because Bob is still in Alabama.

K7SGJ
10-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Minnesota is nice this time of year, mostly because Bob is still in Alabama.

Yeah, but as you know, I liked it better when he was in Minnesota, the Land-O-9999 Lakes.

KB3LAZ
10-18-2014, 09:42 AM
"Yeah, I totally spaced."
Then stop biting hippies!

"Worst thing I have had to deal with is tiger mosquitoes."
That must be frustrating, you have a nice satisfying meal then they take it away from you.

Welcome back Kotter, now remember not to stay away so long next time. You had us all worried like you got lost in the maze of red tape or something.

Ha, thanks. That sure put a smile on my face.

Thanks. I am not sorry it is taking its time, though. With each passing day spent here I grow, for the better. It is quite the learning experience. I also get to work with an ever changing group of people from all over the world. It can be quite rewarding.