PDA

View Full Version : Finally...Auntie Laura grows a pair!!

W7XF
09-09-2014, 01:20 AM
W1IT and KB3MZQ get their Laura-grams.

Busted! (http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-enforcement-bureau-warns-two-hams-for-failing-to-identify-properly)

N8YX
09-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Wasn't the former an Island member at some point?

KG4CGC
09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
That's what I was thinking.

W7XF
09-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Yup. Still is, too.

KJ3N
09-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Wasn't the former an Island member at some point?

That's what I was thinking.

https://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/27931-Why-Triumph-at-K1MAN-decisions

K1MAN Apologista. Is anyone surprised?

K7SGJ
09-09-2014, 09:12 AM
These actions by the FCC remind me of prosecutors getting Capone on tax evasion although he was apparently guilty of a shit-ton of way more serious crimes. I have no problem with using what ever laws are available to smack down some of these people. However, it does make me wonder why manufacturers don't make more of an effort to have cw IDers on HF rigs, and aftermarket addons aren't more prevalent. It's an easy thing to miss an ID interval from time to time. Personally, I can't hold my side of a QSO for more than a couple of minutes, much less ten. Everyone knows I'm a man of few words. Besides, I most usually ID before and after each xmission.

W5BRM
09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
They got CW id's on repeaters... why individual xmitters. I agree with ^^^

N8YX
09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Get one of these - it's what all the Cool Kids are using:

https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13025&stc=1

ETA: Supposed to be an SB-634 image displayed here. I'll fix it later.

kb2vxa
09-09-2014, 10:42 AM
One of what?

I never had a problem with ID, at the end of every transmission (no old buzzard stuff) I always sent (callsign) this is KB2VXA. What I DID have a problem with was the "for ID" crowd, but I just bit my tongue and let them act the fool. Anyway, a certain unnamed local ham on 2M simplex rattling on with transmissions that would put an old buzzard to sleep never got slapped or melted his final. I guess the FCC doesn't monitor VHF CB, with a KW into a 22el H stack up 90ft I'm pretty sure he's heard in Mary Land. (;->)

NQ6U
09-09-2014, 10:59 AM
ID? We're supposed to ID? Shit, now they tell me...

By the way, I think the mods should reopen that W1IT thread so we can make fun of him there.

wa6mhz
09-09-2014, 11:07 AM
ID?? Thats ALL I do is ID on the air!!! I continuously send my CALLSIGN until the DX station answers me, then I stop and enter him the log (if I am lucky!) Then it is on to the NEXT DX staion for more IDing.....

W2NAP
09-09-2014, 11:33 AM
ID? we dont need no stinkin ID, just call me da boogieman dropping da maul and I just got down.

ad4mg
09-09-2014, 11:38 AM

By the way, I think the mods should reopen that W1IT thread so we can make fun of him there.

OK. I haven't been a party to any serious mischief lately... :lol:

NQ6U
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
OK. I haven't been a party to any serious mischief lately... :lol:

:lol: Thanks for the unlocking. I left a little message for him should he ever return to read it.

W3WN
09-10-2014, 08:42 AM
These actions by the FCC remind me of prosecutors getting Capone on tax evasion although he was apparently guilty of a shit-ton of way more serious crimes. I have no problem with using what ever laws are available to smack down some of these people. However, it does make me wonder why manufacturers don't make more of an effort to have cw IDers on HF rigs, and aftermarket addons aren't more prevalent. It's an easy thing to miss an ID interval from time to time. Personally, I can't hold my side of a QSO for more than a couple of minutes, much less ten. Everyone knows I'm a man of few words. Besides, I most usually ID before and after each xmission.This more akin to... and this is a Pennsylvania thing... a state or county cop who has you nailed on speeding, except he used a radar gun or similar device (in PA at present, only the State Police are legally allowed to use RADAR to determine if you are speeding). So he writes you a ticket for not having your seat belt fastened.

Not as serious a violation, but it's a violation none the less. And they still get you for the fine, plus court costs and other little added-on fees, which (in PA) make a $25 or $50 ticket balloon to close to $200.

Manufacturers don't include, at present a CW ID on HF because no one is demanding it. There are few aftermarket addons because no one is demanding it.

And let's be honest. If you forget to ID after 10 minutes once in a great while, the FCC isn't going to bother to go after you. (Never mind whether or not they should). An OO might send you a "friendly reminder", but that is hardly the same thing as a pink slip.

No, it's these guys who go on long tirades for long stretches of time, or who bring all of the interesting musical interludes and other sound effects to our favorite frequencies, and do so without ever legally identifying themselves, who get these notices. And deserve them.

XE1/N5AL
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM

No wonder I'm not receiving any QSL cards in the mailbox.

K7SGJ
09-10-2014, 11:32 AM
No wonder I'm not receiving any QSL cards in the mailbox.

If you use your own call sign, you'll probably get some. QSL cards, that is. :stickpoke:

K4WGE
09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Am I allowed to post this?

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,98839.msg783757/boardseen.html#new

KJ3N
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Am I allowed to post this?

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,98839.msg783757/boardseen.html#new

So little love. I wonder why....

:fail:

WØTKX
09-11-2014, 04:45 PM
The rants of cousin "IT".

http://media.giphy.com/media/OG4Ho3Fr8mwGA/giphy.gif

kb2vxa
09-11-2014, 05:51 PM
IT Came From Outer Space to troll the internet and IT ain't done yet. IT is expected from a weak mind, a total lack of creativity, IT is a one trick pony.