PDA

View Full Version : I got mooned

K7SGJ
09-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Boy, tonight, the moon was big and bright, deep in the heart of New River.

https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13021&stc=1

NQ6U
09-08-2014, 09:19 PM
The moon is just now rising over the neighbor's house here, but with all the rain you guys have been having there I'm surprised you could even see it.

NA4BH
09-08-2014, 09:20 PM
That was a biggun tonight, wasn't it? Super harvest moon.

K7SGJ
09-08-2014, 09:21 PM
With all the rain you guys have been having there, I'm surprised you could even see it.

Kind of a break in the action. More rain later tonight.

Speaking of three pictures, how the hell do we post a single photo these days?

NA4BH
09-08-2014, 09:26 PM
You gotta click the little box.

NQ6U
09-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Kind of a break in the action. More rain later tonight.

Speaking of three pictures, how the hell do we post a single photo these days?

One way is to use one of the free photo sharing sites like Photobucket or Imgur and post with a URL instead of uploading as an attachment. Be sure to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

If you insist on uploading, you can use the "Basic Uploader" option in the "Insert Image" pop-up menu. For reasons I don't understand, that prevents the double image problem.

K7SGJ
09-08-2014, 09:37 PM
One way is to use one of the free photo sharing sites like Photobucket or Imgur and post with a URL instead of uploading as an attachment. Be sure to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

If you insist on uploading, you can use the "Basic Uploader" option in the "Insert Image" pop-up menu. For reasons I don't understand, that prevents the double image problem.

All I use is the basic uploader because the other doesn't upload at all. When you hit select files, nothing happens. It's been this way for me for quite awhile. I've tried deleting one of the duplicate photos, but then in a day or so, they all vaporize. It does it with Win versions 7 and 8. Thinking it might be Internet Explorer, since that causes all kinds of interesting issues at sites like UPS and FedEx, I've tried other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and a few others to no avail.

I'll try your other option and see if that will work for me. Thanks.

KG4CGC
09-08-2014, 10:04 PM
No Moon here. Huge pendulous clouds.

N2CHX
09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
All I use is the basic uploader because the other doesn't upload at all. When you hit select files, nothing happens. It's been this way for me for quite awhile. I've tried deleting one of the duplicate photos, but then in a day or so, they all vaporize. It does it with Win versions 7 and 8. Thinking it might be Internet Explorer, since that causes all kinds of interesting issues at sites like UPS and FedEx, I've tried other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and a few others to no avail.

I'll try your other option and see if that will work for me. Thanks.

Nope, it's not Windows or IE. Does the same exact thing for me in Chrome and FF on Linux Mint.

Anyway, really nice pics! I enjoyed the sight on my front porch for a bit last night.

NQ6U
09-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Nope, it's not Windows or IE. Does the same exact thing for me in Chrome and FF on Linux Mint.

But it doesn't happen to me using Firefox v.32 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. No explanation for why the client/OS one uses would make any difference at all.

wa6mhz
09-09-2014, 11:09 AM
According to the news, AZ just about washed away! We didn't get so much as a DROP of it here! NOTTA DROP!!!

K7SGJ
09-09-2014, 02:51 PM
According to the news, AZ just about washed away! We didn't get so much as a DROP of it here! NOTTA DROP!!!

The rain from Phoenix should be in Yuma by now, along with some sheds, cars, and other shit.

KG4CGC
09-09-2014, 04:47 PM
The rain from Phoenix should be in Yuma by now, along with some sheds, cars, and other shit.

But mostly shit and a few old Yaesus.

NQ6U
09-09-2014, 06:37 PM
But mostly shit and a few old Yaesus.

Also, La Rata's lawn.