PDA

View Full Version : Smokes

n2ize
09-05-2014, 08:18 PM
I decided to break my own set of rules today. I bought a pack of Camels. Before I even got one out of the pack some dude bummed one off me. Actually he offered to pay me for it but I told him to take it free of charge.He took the cig and said "Thank You". Walking down the urban street I lit one and I... smoked it... and enjoyed real flavor and total satisfaction

KG4CGC
09-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Better have been a Camel unfiltered otherwise you were just smoking rat turds.

W5BRM
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm glad i don't smoke. Actually I'm SURPRISED I don't smoke. I grew up in a smoking family and household. All my family members with the exception of my sister al smoked. Mom, Aunt Uncle, Cousin, Grand Parents etc. I was ALWAYS around cigarettes growing up. Once I got out on my own with the XYL and kids, it never even occurred to me to begin smoking.

I was rather distraught when 2 of my kids began smoking in th last few years... dont worry they are in their 20's. Just recently, they have begun Vaping though. It smells much better in the house even though only one of the smokers (now vapers) is left. I don't think the smell will EVER leave their rooms until we move out and repaint them

K7SGJ
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
There is no fucking way I would ever consider smoking a cigarette again. I smoked close to 45 years, and I believe it's the reason I have some respiratory issues. I must admit, I really did enjoy it, for the most part. If I just smoked one cigarette today, I guarantee that within a week I'd be back to a couple packs a day, if I could afford them, that is. I have a very weak constitution in that area. The first few times I quit, for around a six months or year each time, it wasn't too awful bad, but the last time, over ten years ago, I struggled and had a hell of a time. No thanks, I'd rather play with unstable explosives.

KG4CGC
09-05-2014, 08:55 PM
There is no fucking way I would ever consider smoking a cigarette again. I smoked close to 45 years, and I believe it's the reason I have some respiratory issues. I must admit, I really did enjoy it, for the most part. If I just smoked one cigarette today, I guarantee that within a week I'd be back to a couple packs a day, if I could afford them, that is. I have a very weak constitution in that area. The first few times I quit, for around a six months or year each time, it wasn't too awful bad, but the last time, over ten years ago, I struggled and had a hell of a time. No thanks, I'd rather play with unstable explosives.

Eating unstable explosives is healthier than cigarettes.

K7SGJ
09-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Eating unstable explosives is healthier than cigarettes.

This is true. You don't have to deal with the side effects for a long time.

KG4CGC
09-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Tushbit

n2ize
09-05-2014, 09:32 PM
There is no fucking way I would ever consider smoking a cigarette again. I smoked close to 45 years, and I believe it's the reason I have some respiratory issues. I must admit, I really did enjoy it, for the most part. If I just smoked one cigarette today, I guarantee that within a week I'd be back to a couple packs a day, if I could afford them, that is. I have a very weak constitution in that area. The first few times I quit, for around a six months or year each time, it wasn't too awful bad, but the last
time, over ten years ago, I struggled and had a hell of a time. No thanks, I'd rather play with unstable explosives.

God Bless and glad to hear you have not touched a cig in all those years, I would smoke regularly but it is dangerous to ones health, I might smoke on occasions to celebrate the 1950's nostalgia... But beyond that its a bad and unhealthy habit and that pack of Camels I bought will most likely dry out and be tossed away.

KG4CGC
09-05-2014, 09:32 PM
UNFILTERED?

n2ize
09-05-2014, 09:37 PM
UNFILTERED?

Of course !!! How else can I get, "True taste"... :lol:

K7SGJ
09-05-2014, 10:43 PM
English Ovals.

Damn, that made cough like hell just typing it.

N2NH
09-05-2014, 11:03 PM
English Ovals.

Damn, that made cough like hell just typing it.

Loved those. Tried Gaulois for awhile (unfiltered). Often smoked Winstons, Marlboro, Benson & Hedges, Dunhills and Rothmans (English).

Smoked for about 15 years, did a few about a decade ago, but seems that I don't have a dependency for drugs, alcohol or cigarettes anymore. Do miss them, but with COPD and asthma, I'll never light up again in this lifetime.

W7XF
09-05-2014, 11:46 PM
One less store to buy cancer stix: CVS stopped selling them.

W2NAP
09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I quit the real things 2 years ago and went with the vapes. funny now I can't stand the smell of cig smoke.

n2ize
09-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I vape. The only problem with vapes is that it doesn't provide as much satisfaction as a real cigarette. Of course in the long term cancer doesn't provide satisfaction. If cigarettes were not so damned unhealthy I'd smoke them regularly.

kb2vxa
09-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Desert dwelling Arabs cook over burning camel dung, but having so much of it they ship it to the US where it's made into Camel cigarettes. When you smoke a Camel you know what their food tastes like.

Moochies, guard your smokes, they're EVERYWHERE!

N2CHX
09-06-2014, 11:57 AM
If smoking could be cured by a blow to the head, I'd be beating on Dan like Marissa Devault on crack. I hate the smell of that shit and this is the third time he's started smoking again after quitting since I've known him.

K7SGJ
09-06-2014, 12:00 PM
If smoking could be cured by a blow to the head, I'd be beating on Dan like Marissa Devault on crack. I hate the smell of that shit and this is the third time he's started smoking again after quitting since I've known him.

Too bad it's not as easy to quit as it is to start up again.

KK4AMI
09-06-2014, 12:06 PM

We got the wife off of 36 years of smoking with Chantix. She has stopped cold for the last 6 years. She was on the stuff for 5 weeks. Side effects maybe? The hair loss, mood swings and attempts to kill me were a small price to pay to get her to quit.

PS- Just funnin'. Many Side Effects listed but none observed.

n2ize
09-06-2014, 12:42 PM

I love the smell of cigarette smoke. Fortunately I'm the type of person who could smoke cigarettes occasionally and then not touch them again for years. On the rare occasions I do buy them I rarely ever even finish out the pack

P.S. why not tell him to try vaping ? While it doesn't give the kind of full satisfaction that you get from a regular cigarette it's still safer than smoking and doesn't leave an odor that others can smell.

N2NH
09-06-2014, 06:29 PM
http://www.thingsville.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/victory-cigarettes.jpg

n0iu
09-07-2014, 09:31 AM
No thanks, I'd rather play with unstable explosives.

I see you have met my wife!

I was smoking up to 3 packs a day for over 25 years and yes, I did enjoy it... for the most part. I tried using gum, pills, hypnosis and patches (could never keep the damn things lit!) all to no avail. The one day back in 2002 I heard an ad on the radio for a guy that said he could stop people from smoking using something called auricular therapy.

This involves putting a small electrical charge at certain points around the inside of your outer ear, sort of like acupuncture. It was $80. That was on June 16, 2002 and I have had no desire to smoke ever since then, even when I am around people who smoke. And its not like it was all mental because I really did not want to quit. There must have been something to it.

To this day, I am still mad at the guy for making me quit! Actually, I did not quit smoking. I made a "personal decision" to stop smoking because I am not a quitter!

On the down side, I gained about 100 lbs of which I have lost about 30 lbs. The remaining 70 lbs is being very stubborn!

KG4CGC
09-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Maybe that electric ear guy can fix that too.

n0iu
09-07-2014, 09:37 AM
On the down side, I gained about 100 lbs of which I have lost about 30 lbs. The remaining 70 lbs is being very stubborn!

Maybe that electric ear guy can fix that too.

If I lost all that weight since I stopped smoking I would be damn near perfect... and who wants that???

KG4CGC
09-07-2014, 09:38 AM
If I lost all that weight since I stopped smoking I would be damn near perfect... and who wants that???

Probably Mrs. Impossible.

n0iu
09-07-2014, 10:15 AM

Probably Mrs. Impossible.

Nahhh... then she's be bored. But then I suppose I could actually respond to one of those penis enlargement emails I get 3-4 times a day. That would teach her!

NM5TF
09-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I used to smoke...then I bought a pack of Park Lanes.....

haven't smoked...a cigarette...since 1976.....

well except for getting lung-fulls from my Wife's 2nd hand smoke.......damn smokers.....

n2ize
09-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Better have been a Camel unfiltered otherwise you were just smoking rat turds.

Can you elaborate on this. As far as leading brands go I have found Camel s have the best taste and give the best satisfaction. Mild yet flavorful. I know I sound like an old advertising but I prefer Camel's to all other major brands.

K7SGJ
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
LSMFT

NQ6U
09-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Last Shit Missed Fucking Toilet?

K7SGJ
09-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Loose Strap Means Floppy Tits

NQ6U
09-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Loose Strap Means Floppy Tits

I like your version better.

n2ize
09-08-2014, 07:44 PM
LOL

n2ize
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Okay, here is the latest on my brief foray into the world of cigarettes. Out of a pack of 20 camel cigarettes I bought for the first time in years last Friday I have about 6 left. Now here is the funny part. That would mean i smoked 14 of them right ?? Wrong. I smoked only about 7 of them. The other 7 I gave away to people who bummed them off of me. the way I figure it is, as much as I enjoy the flavour and satisfaction it is still unhealthy so the fewer I smoke the better. So I actually didn't mind giving some of them away. In fact the other day I was waiting at a bus stop and 3 separate people bummed smokes off me. One guy as I was heading towards the bus stop, another joker bummed both a smoke and a light off me while I was waiting for the bus and smoking one myself and some woman bummer another smoke off me as I was getting on the bus. that left me 7 minus one I smoked at home yesterday afternoon. So I have 6 left, maybe I'll get to smoke 2 or 3 of them. I'd better enjoy them because when this pack is gone I will likely never buy another pack for several years, or maybe never. As much as I enjoy it I don't want the unhealthy habit tio be a regular part of my life so, when these are gone that's it for a very long time.

N2NH
09-11-2014, 01:08 AM
They get stale after awhile. Loose Smokes Mean F--ked Taste.

n2ize
09-11-2014, 05:17 AM
They get stale after awhile. Loose Smokes Mean F--ked Taste.

True.