PDA

View Full Version : Help from other hams...

KC2IFR
09-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Because of my bad health......I asked my friend hams to help me replace my wire antenna that finally failed after 10 years.
Not one of these assholes would help me. Including hams that I have helped over the years. Two of these jerks I let live with me for 2 years rent free. Some of the others I gave them equipment that very expensive.......
Anyway.............I am so fucking sick of these conservative jerks.....I doubt I will get back on the air....

Bill
KC2IFR

PA5COR
09-03-2014, 02:56 AM
Bummer.
Pity I'm not closer to you or I would have popped over.
At least you start to know your real friends in time of need......

NQ6U
09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Sorry your "friends" are such dickheads, Bill. I'd help you myself but it's a 5600 mile round trip.

K7SGJ
09-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Sorry your "friends" are such dickheads, Bill. I'd help you myself but it's a 5600 mile round trip.

Stop by here, and I'll split the driving with you. You pretty much have to go close by on the way anyhow. I've got the wire, and my trained Peregrine falcon will haul a jet line over trees for us, and bingo.

Seriously Bill, is there a ham club or a scout troop nearby that you can get to help out? Them there boy sprouts love to do stuff like that for merit badges, and just to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

KC2IFR
09-03-2014, 01:51 PM
would comment but this shit Without nipples, boobs would be pointles.....has nothing to do with my post.........

ad4mg
09-03-2014, 03:44 PM
would comment but this shit Without nipples, boobs would be pointles.....has nothing to do with my post.........

Around these parts, we call that a signature. A lot of folks have them, all are different.

Hell, anyone here would help you if we were close enough. A wire? That's less than a 12 pack project, 2-3 hours to do it right.

We only have one or two real assholes here, and they generally only troll the political forum. The rest of the folks here are just good people.

K7SGJ
09-03-2014, 04:35 PM

As Luke stated, that is a signature line that appears at the bottom of all my posts. I change it from time to time. If you find "this shit", as you put it, is offensive to you, just say so, and I will change it. My intent with the content in the body of the post was to give you a possible solution to your dilemma. Next time, I will refrain. Good luck with the antenna.

W5BRM
09-03-2014, 05:21 PM
You can also turn off the ability to see others Sigs in the Settings menu. Top of this page, click "Settings", scroll to "Thread Display Options". Uncheck "Show Signatures"

I have that unchecked so I don't see anyone's siggys.

VE7DCW
09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I would add by suggesting that ........." Without nipples, boobs would be pointless" Eddie's signature line just proves the point that he's just an expert on the subject....... :mrgreen:

XE1/N5AL
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow, I just realized that for all these years, I have had the "sig lines only" box checked in my Settings preferences. I didn't even realize that other topics were being discussed in the forums! :)

"If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution.

taupe! :monkeydance:
Honestly, if Obama came out in favor of electricity and running water Republicans would squat in the dark, shit on their own shoes, and call it liberty.
—Jim Wright

Without nipples, boobs would be pointless

'Murica - Government of the Rich, by the Rich, and for the Rich; Thanks to our supreme court of traitors, Citizens United v. FEC, and now McCutcheon v. FEC.

Twitter.com/N2NKW
Track Me!!

Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

W5BRM
09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Wow, I just realized that for all these years, I have had the "sig lines only" box checked in my Settings preferences. I didn't even realize that other topics were being discussed in the forums! :)

I forgot I even had a sig line. Editing it now :P

K7SGJ
09-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I would add by suggesting that ........." Without nipples, boobs would be pointless" Eddie's signature line just proves the point that he's just an expert on the subject....... :mrgreen:

While it is true I've been around many boobs in my life, unfortunately, they weren't the fun kind.

NA4BH
09-03-2014, 08:58 PM
While it is true I've been around many boobs in my life, unfortunately, they weren't the fun kind.

Hey, fsck you, and the name is Bob. DICKHEAD

K7SGJ
09-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Hey, fsck you, and the name is Bob. DICKHEAD

I rest my case.

KK4AMI
09-04-2014, 06:27 AM
This argument is pointless, therefore you are not boobs!

N2NH
09-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Because of my bad health......I asked my friend hams to help me replace my wire antenna that finally failed after 10 years.
Not one of these assholes would help me. Including hams that I have helped over the years. Two of these jerks I let live with me for 2 years rent free. Some of the others I gave them equipment that very expensive.......
Anyway.............I am so fucking sick of these conservative jerks.....I doubt I will get back on the air....

Bill
KC2IFR

I am very sorry to hear this. Don't let a few jerks get you down. If I had a car, I'd do my best to help you. But not all Hams are like this, present company is a good example.

K4WGE
09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
You can also turn off the ability to see others Sigs in the Settings menu. Top of this page, click "Settings", scroll to "Thread Display Options". Uncheck "Show Signatures"

I have that unchecked so I don't see anyone's siggys.

Thanks for that.

N2CHX
09-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm about 300 miles from you. I'm willing to come help but I don't have a lot of cash right now, or time-- seeing as we're still in the end stages of building a new office and I have a disabled husband at home, and three kids who just started school again.

When that changes, I would be willing to come put up a new antenna for you. Maybe even Corey, who lives about 6 miles from me, would be willing to make a trip out of it with me. Not gonna speak for him. Just a thought.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lancaster,+NY/South+Glens+Falls,+NY/@42.9400563,-78.3683845,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89d3a02d5b7e53 d5:0x43c8d45758c4d7f2!2m2!1d-78.6703062!2d42.9006144!1m5!1m1!1s0x89dfd18a59bf75 71:0x57b8c2dcda5a57b8!2m2!1d-73.6351168!2d43.2992389!3e0

KC2IFR
09-04-2014, 06:48 PM
As you can see from some of the replays..the CB attitude has taken over the ham bands...........said indeed.......

Bill

KC2IFR
09-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Wow......some of the reply's are very sick........CB attitude......these folks have an IQ of about 13........to bad they are mixed in with u folks......

Bill

K7SGJ
09-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Wow......some of the reply's are very sick........CB attitude......these folks have an IQ of about 13........to bad they are mixed in with u folks......

Bill

Is there a problem around here that some of us aren't aware of?

KG4CGC
09-04-2014, 07:59 PM
trolled

W7XF
09-04-2014, 10:30 PM

WØTKX
09-04-2014, 10:54 PM
http://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/img-ant/antenna-heath-robinson-cartoon.gif

N2CHX
09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
WTF? I and others offer to help as we are able to and that's your response? The rest was just the guys being their goofy old selves, which is why I love 'em.

No wonder no one near you wants to help you. smh

XE1/N5AL
09-04-2014, 11:59 PM

Bill
Bill,
I think you have misjudged the Islanders replying to your request for help (although, thanks for generously adding a few points to my measured I.Q. :) ). My observations are that many here are both sincere and generous in their desire to help a fellow ham. The problem is that some of us live thousands of miles away from your QTH. In my case, a five day drive and the crossing of an international border would be required.

Sure, there is often a bit of lighthearted humor in the replies to postings, but no one is making fun of your serious request. I have known other hams in the same situation with their antennas, and it is a real predicament. I hope that someone will help you with your antenna. Maybe a get-together, with an offer of food and refreshment will get a few local hams out to your house. Plan something fun, with a side project of getting your antennas back up in the air.

KC2IFR
09-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Hi folks........I am aware of this bb and one has to take some ribbing. My post was just ribbing u guys that were ribbing me!!!!!! Nothing was taken seriously guys.....sorry if u thought I was being nasty!!!!

W5BRM
09-05-2014, 07:36 AM
I'd give a hand. Unfortunately, despite my 2 call, I live in Oklahoma and just got out of the hospital myself a week ago.

I think Eddy had the best idea:

Seriously Bill, is there a ham club or a scout troop nearby that you can get to help out? Them there boy sprouts love to do stuff like that for merit badges, and just to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Just dont offer a 6 pack as payment...lol