PDA

View Full Version : And Now A Feel Good Story From The Line At Burger King

N2NH
08-07-2014, 03:49 PM
This sort of made me smile. I'm not big on brats, I had one kick the back of my airline seat half way to Florida a few years back. So, this was the Feel Good story of the day:

So a while ago I had decided to treat myself and go to Burger King. I hadn't had the greatest of days and I had a headache coming on. It was a very long line and I was at the end of it waiting patiently. When behind me comes this woman yapping on her cellphone with a little monster of a child. This kid was out of control, screaming, punching his mother throwing around a gameboy whenever something didn't go right in the game. The mother didn't seem to pay any attention to him and his continued yelling of 'I want a Fucking PIE'. After about 5 minutes of the line with these people behind me, I had gone from a headache to a full on migraine, but nothing was going to stop me from getting those burgers. I calmly turn and ask her nicely if she can please calm or quiet her child down. Immediately she gets up in my face telling me I can't tell her nothing about raising her child and to mind my own business. I nod and turn around, shes still yelling at the back of my head when the child cries out again how he wants a pie, the mother consoles him, calling him sweety and ensuring they'll get pies for lunch because she loves him so much.

What a terrible mom and child! I hope they never get any pie...

I then decide to ruin their day. I order every pie they have left in addition to my burgers. Turned out to be 23 pies in total, I take my order and walk towards the exit. Moments later I hear the woman yelling, what do you mean you don't have any pies left, who bought them all? I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare. I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating eat as I stare back at her. She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of other lineups in the food court. I turn and slowly walk away.

A charging enraged mother is running towards him and he slowly walks away? What a buckaroo! Now that's heroic.

Hope it's true. I know it's wrong, but it still sounds good to me. Snopes doubts it, but doesn't shoot it down.

The Happy Place (http://happyplace.someecards.com/burger-king-amongst/spiteful-man-buys-all-the-pies-at-burger-king-so-a-screaming-kid-cant-have-any/)

Gawkers Take on It (http://gawker.com/man-buys-every-pie-at-local-burger-king-to-spite-shitty-1617088150?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

K7SGJ
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
This sort of made me smile. I'm not big on brats, I had one kick the back of my airline seat half way to Florida a few years back. So, this was the Feel Good story of the day:

A charging enraged mother is running towards him and he slowly walks away? What a buckaroo! Now that's heroic.

Hope it's true. I know it's wrong, but it still sounds good to me. Snopes doubts it, but doesn't shoot it down.

The Happy Place (http://happyplace.someecards.com/burger-king-amongst/spiteful-man-buys-all-the-pies-at-burger-king-so-a-screaming-kid-cant-have-any/)

Gawkers Take on It (http://gawker.com/man-buys-every-pie-at-local-burger-king-to-spite-shitty-1617088150?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

I don't see anything wrong about it, if it's true. Karma can be a bitch.

XE1/N5AL
08-07-2014, 10:58 PM
That story would make a great opening scene for a movie, when the screenwriters try to give you the crash course on the life of the protagonist.

KG4CGC
08-08-2014, 05:23 AM
I blame the parent. REALLY HARD! Food and Beverage though.
Never mind.
Carry on. Bushtit.

W3WN
08-08-2014, 01:26 PM
There's only one problem with the story.

You see, a BK ought to have about 100-250 or so frozen pies in inventory, so that they're ready at a moment's notice. As I recall, it only took about 2 minutes to deep fry a "fresh" one.

So, if the story is true... the buyer only bought up those that were "ready to go". Horrible Mom & Horrid Child would only have had to wait about, oh, 2-3 minutes. [Of course, it's also possible that the staff didn't mention any of this, and if Horri-Mom & Horri-Child were anywhere near as bad as described, who would blame them?]

HUGH
08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
I love it! Presumably all the other pies in stock were still deep frozen and vile woman with monster child wouldn't want to wait 2 minutes.

K4WGE
08-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Veruca Salt :-)