PDA

View Full Version : Amazon delivers?

K7SGJ
07-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I ordered some batteries for our phones a few days ago, and they were delivered via USPS, today, Sunday. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've gotten a Sunday delivery via USPS from them in the last couple of months. I'm wondering, since the postal system claims to be in such distress, what's up with the "special delivery"? The packages are not marked special or Sunday delivery. In fact, I see nothing special on the label at all, so I guess it must be imbedded in the coding. It's not that I don't appreciate the service, just wondering............

When I was a kid, we used to get mail delivery daily and twice on Saturday. Or maybe it was twice on weekdays and once on Saturdays, can't remember for sure. I do remember, no one had an abundance of mail that required that kind of frequency. Sunday and special deliveries were very common back then. Special delivery probably cost as much as a 1st class letter does these days. Of course now, e-mail has taken the place of the casual howdy doo letters and some of the billing. My how time have changed.

Anyone else get Sunday mail deliveries?

n2ize
07-20-2014, 03:27 PM
The Post Office has some sort of arrangement with Amazon where they will deliver Amazon parcels on Sundays. I guess Amazon compensates them for the service. My brother works for the Post Office and he mentioned this to me a couple of weeks ago.

NA4BH
07-20-2014, 09:42 PM
I read the same thing too about the deliveries on Sunday. Hell, we just got Sunday alcohol sales (near by), this world is turning too fast. What's next, women wearing bathing suits that are above their knees?

K7SGJ
07-20-2014, 09:44 PM
I read the same thing too about the deliveries on Sunday. Hell, we just got Sunday alcohol sales (near by), this world is turning too fast. What's next, women wearing bathing suits that are above their knees?

Nah, never happen.

I wonder if the retail stores will ever stay open past 6 PM?

XE1/N5AL
07-20-2014, 10:29 PM
I wonder if the retail stores will ever stay open past 6 PM?
Even the parents of the kids who we chase off our lawns don't know why 7-Elevens are named as they are.

K7SGJ
07-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Even the parents of the kids who we chase off our lawns don't know why 7-Elevens are named as they are.

So true. As a kid, I had that one figured out. Circle K still baffles me.