PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower Seeds

n2ize
07-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Does anyone else here enjoy eating sunflower seeds ? Pumpkin seeds ?

HUGH
07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Er, most of the tits and finches that come into the garden will demolish the sunflower seed selection in minutes. Perhaps this isn't what you meant.

XE1/N5AL
07-16-2014, 03:56 PM
I like sunflower seeds, but I don't eat them that much. I've never tried pumpkin seeds, but there are vendors at some of the traffic lights, who sell them in big bags for 5 pesos (about 40 cents).

WX7P
07-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Sunflower seeds were huge when I was in Jr. High School in 1970-72. The seeds came in a bag ("David's") for 5 cents. There were sunflower seed shells all over campus. It was a major bust to get caught eating those things in class.

I never did get why they were so popular.

WØTKX
07-16-2014, 09:03 PM
I enjoy spitting the shells out in an annoying manner. :evil:

NA4BH
07-17-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm hooked on them. I have one bag in the car and one on my desk.

AE5CP
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM
I love em.
I can go years without eating any, but once I get a bag, it's destroyed in a matter of days.

KG4CGC
07-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Just the shelled ones. Dump a mouthful out of the bag, munch munch, that's first breakfast.

NA4BH
07-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Just the shelled ones. Dump a mouthful out of the bag, munch munch, that's first breakfast.

That's like using a milking machine instead of paying a hooker.

NQ6U
07-17-2014, 12:53 AM
I wonder how many hookers you could pay for the price of a milking machine. You know—how long would it take to get a decent ROI?

kb2vxa
07-17-2014, 12:54 AM
I've seen losers using vacuum cleaners...

"I enjoy spitting the shells out in an annoying manner."
Like the average major league baseball player, others spit tobacco juice. I'd hate to be the poor slob who cleans the dugout!

n2ize
07-17-2014, 01:07 AM

nah, I prefer the ones with the shells. It's a whole different experience.

n2ize
07-17-2014, 01:10 AM
I like sunflower seeds, but I don't eat them that much. I've never tried pumpkin seeds, but there are vendors at some of the traffic lights, who sell them in big bags for 5 pesos (about 40 cents).

Pumpkin seeds are great. I like them even better than sunflower seeds. There is more "meat" inside the shell. Give them a try. I think you'll like them.

KG4CGC
07-17-2014, 02:18 AM
nah, I prefer the ones with the shells. It's a whole different experience.

Yeeeeeah. No.

KG4CGC
07-17-2014, 02:19 AM
I've seen losers using vacuum cleaners...

<snip>

Homoerotic. What were you doing watching?

HUGH
07-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I worked with a colleague who always had a pocket full of pumpkin seeds. Many seeds do contain small quantities of chemicals which the body can put to good use. Personally I have rosehip (complete) extract for a worn out hip but, given a bag of pistachios, you won't see them again within minutes.

So, I was told by a biology teacher that a fondness for a particular food item (not just food in general, that's too obvious) indicates a bodily requirement for the substances contained. (That begins to look like drug addiction but not quite the same thing). My favourites are mushrooms (cooked), green tea and really dark chocolate. Add red wine but there may be another reason for that!

WX7P
07-18-2014, 10:13 AM
My favourites are mushrooms (cooked), green tea and really dark chocolate. Add red wine but there may be another reason for that!

Good call! I love all three!

I'm a sucker for anything with mushrooms in it.

KK4AMI
07-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Then might I suggest this for those of you on the go! Green Tea can be added to the chocolate! :lol:

http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2013/02/11/chocolate-red-wine-truffles/

NQ6U
07-18-2014, 11:08 AM

I'll send you my recipe for dark chocolate-dipped mushrooms.

K7SGJ
07-18-2014, 12:31 PM

I have an old pair of Nikes with some mushrooms growing in them if you're interested.

n2ize
07-18-2014, 07:53 PM
I worked with a colleague who always had a pocket full of pumpkin seeds. Many seeds do contain small quantities of chemicals which the body can put to good use. Personally I have rosehip (complete) extract for a worn out hip but, given a bag of pistachios, you won't see them again within minutes.

So, I was told by a biology teacher that a fondness for a particular food item (not just food in general, that's too obvious) indicates a bodily requirement for the substances contained. (That begins to look like drug addiction but not quite the same thing). My favourites are mushrooms (cooked), green tea and really dark chocolate. Add red wine but there may be another reason for that!

I prefer very light chocolate. But I love extremely hot peppers.

K7SGJ
07-18-2014, 08:32 PM
I prefer very light chocolate. But I love extremely hot peppers.

Then you'll like Hersheys Jalapeno bars.