PDA

View Full Version : Why IS it???

WX7P
07-15-2014, 04:10 PM
...that every time I inflate the intertubes, there's some stupid story about the British Royal Family?

I've never understood the fascination some Americans have with the Royals (we're not talking Kansas City...).

I don't care if the queen is mad at Kate baby maker or the anointed one is one year old, I don't think I know anyone that really cares either.

These people and their position are complete relics from an era that should be forgotten. It really seems there are some in our population that relish undeserved hero worship and phony pomp and circumstance from the ancient past.

Just my GTFOML moment...

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 05:04 PM
So I guess a visit from Harry is out of the question?

WX7P
07-15-2014, 05:08 PM
So I guess a visit from Harry is out of the question?

I guess the post was a bit harsh. I have nothing against the British, nothing beats brutal British humor, I'm just not a fan of monarchy especially on MY intertube, dammit.

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 06:31 PM
I guess the post was a bit harsh. I have nothing against the British, nothing beats brutal British humor, I'm just not a fan of monarchy especially on MY intertube, dammit.

I'm with you on the Royals. The only one that ever held any interest for me was Diana. I always thought she was pretty genuine, and didn't give a shit about the royalty part of all of it.

However, rumor has it, the Queen gives good head.

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 07:15 PM
I think some Americans forget that we fought a war back in the 18th Century to emerge from beneath the dominion of the British monarchy. Like Janet, I admire the British people but I think the royal family is an evolutionary remnant somewhat equivalent to the human appendix—they served a purpose once, but are no longer necessary.

KG4CGC
07-15-2014, 07:21 PM
If it wasn't for us, they'd all be speaking German right now. Yeah! I went there! What are you going to do about it?

WØTKX
07-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Was ist los mit du?

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 09:00 PM
If it wasn't for us, they'd all be speaking German right now. Yeah! I went there! What are you going to do about it?

Die britische Königsfamilie ist deutsch. Bis den Zweiten Weltkrieg bekannt sie als das Battenbergs.

KG4CGC
07-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Ah! Es war der Plan von Anfang an!

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Falsche faschistische bastards!

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Bushenzetits

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Bushenzetits

Buschbrust, Amerikanischer Schweinhund

n2ize
07-15-2014, 09:58 PM

Oh my... I guess I'll have to withhold my pro-monarchy thesis. :snicker:

W7XF
07-16-2014, 02:01 AM
<snip>However, rumor has it, the Queen Princess Harry gives good head<snip>.

Fixed.

W7XF
07-16-2014, 02:05 AM

Und sie würden auf der rechten Seite der Straße zu fahren, sowie das Fahren so schnell wie sie ficken wollen!

PA5COR
07-16-2014, 02:42 AM
There are a few raping the German language here, just sayin' ;)

N2NH
07-16-2014, 05:11 AM

Ach, du lieber Gott in Himmel.

WX7P
07-16-2014, 05:18 AM
Ah, the Teutonic Hijack...I see how it is...

N2NH
07-16-2014, 05:29 AM
Ah, the Teutonic Hijack...I see how it is...

Mr. Hilter started it.

n0iu
07-16-2014, 06:10 AM

And if hadn't won that little skirmish back in the 18th century, we'd all be speaking English right now!

W3WN
07-16-2014, 07:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

KC2KFC
07-16-2014, 10:01 AM
...that every time I inflate the intertubes, there's some stupid story about the British Royal Family?

I've never understood the fascination some Americans have with the Royals (we're not talking Kansas City...).

I don't care if the queen is mad at Kate baby maker or the anointed one is one year old, I don't think I know anyone that really cares either.

These people and their position are complete relics from an era that should be forgotten. It really seems there are some in our population that relish undeserved hero worship and phony pomp and circumstance from the ancient past.

Just my GTFOML moment...
I never could understand certain American's fascination with the royal family either. I had a friend, rest his soul, who was a complete anglophile. Whenever there was any news about the royal family he would just eat it up. I agree with you, Janet. Who really cares what that family does, they are an anachronism that should've been gone long ago. It does remind me of a quote from the movie "The King's Speech" when King George says to Bertie, "In the past all a King had to do was look respectable in uniform and not fall off his horse. Now we must invade people's homes and ingratiate ourselves with them. This family is reduced to those lowest, basest of all creatures, we've become actors!"

KG4CGC
07-16-2014, 10:18 AM
And if hadn't won that little skirmish back in the 18th century, we'd all be speaking English right now!

Fvck yeah! We'd be saying words like "colour" and "flavour" and saying things like "could you come knock me up in the morning" and "would you be a love and let me use your rubber?"

NQ6U
07-16-2014, 10:58 AM

It's not us, it's Google Translate and Babelfish who are doing the raping.

HUGH
07-16-2014, 02:58 PM
If, and when, Charles Arthur Philip George becomes King, the situation where press and TV keep spewing out ephemerals about the royal family might come to a complete halt. We'd like a King who says just what he thinks and "molluscs" to anyone disgreeing.

W2NAP
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
this is 'merica we dont need no stinkin royal family.

AE5CP
07-16-2014, 05:51 PM
There are plenty of queens in Kansas City. They are fabulous.

The town is surprisingly accepting.

KG4CGC
07-16-2014, 08:00 PM
If, and when, Charles Arthur Philip George becomes King, the situation where press and TV keep spewing out ephemerals about the royal family might come to a complete halt. We'd like a King who says just what he thinks and "molluscs" to anyone disgreeing.

You, sir, have grit! I like the cut of your jib.
(got any pictures of your jib?)

WØTKX
07-16-2014, 09:01 PM
It's not us, it's Google Translate and Babelfish who are doing the raping.

Albi's sipping on a stellar malt, puffing on a cosmic cigar... and laughing at us. ;)

kb2vxa
07-17-2014, 12:36 AM
"If it wasn't for us, they'd all be speaking German right now."

Hopefully better than this:
"And they would drive on the right side of the road, and want to fuck driving as fast as they."
Ihre grammatik saugt!

W7XF
07-17-2014, 04:40 AM
Albi's sipping on a stellar malt, puffing on a cosmic cigar... and laughing at us. ;)

And Bob is right there with him.

W7XF
07-17-2014, 04:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo&feature=kp