PDA

View Full Version : There are days when I LOVE my job!!!

W5BRM
07-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Especially when receivers refuse certain crushed cases full of this stuff!!

http://i.imgur.com/BN7HDi7.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/irkx0Og.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/5h1musm.jpg?1

My sweet tooth is fulfilled for the next 6 months at least!!

The Heath minis I have 60 bags!!!! the rest only got 12 bags of each.

Its a bad day to be a diabetic :(

WØTKX
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
The pomegranate chocolate is yummy.

Your avatar is HILARIOUS!

W5BRM
07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Yes already sampled the Pomegranate stuff.. Never had it before. It's like Chocolate covered raisins but BETTER! It is FABULOUS! I got 12 bags of it!!!lol 60 bags of the Heath stuff too and 12 bags of the Kisses.

Gonna try to get it home but it ll be 3 weeks. Hope I can keep it all cool enough so it doesn't melt. Melting point of chocolate is about 75 degrees. so its gonna be a challenge!

got the avatar from the Magnetism thread. Saw it, Liked it, Took it...lol

W7XF
07-15-2014, 03:55 AM
While I was at Swift, EVERY PIECE of refused product had to be dropped off at the next terminal, otherwise I would have been termed for cargo theft.

W5BRM
07-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Aw man that sucks! But then again, thats Swift... lol I wont go into THAT...lol.

We work with the shippers and if they think the freight is in good enough condition or if it's valuable enough then we return it. The majority of our damaged/refused refrigerated freight is really considered non returnable as the cost of using a LTL shipper with temp control usually isn't worth the price if its just a few cases. If it was a full pallet of undamaged freight, then they would work with that but for a few cases, they weren't going to pay $200 shipping for $75 worth of damaged product. When i tell the company about the damage, they contact the shipper and then get back to me with directions. 99% of the time its "toss it" as it was with this stuff.

It's actually very unusual for me to get this sort of thing. Most receivers will keep the damaged product, then tell the shipper/trucking company it was damaged and not pay for it or get thier money back for it. Then the shipper and/or trucking company file insurance on it and get paid anyway.

I dont know how many times I have delivered a perfect load watching it get loaded and unloaded and suddenly there is 5 or 6 cases that the receiver will claim are damaged, sign the bills as damaged then just put the "damaged" cases in stock and sell it anyway... quite a scam at some places.

KG4CGC
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Swift. LOL! Even I know about that. They make JB Hunt look like Her Majesty's Royal Carriers.

WX7P
07-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Is it JB Hunt or Covenant Transport that has the "It's a child, not a choice" plastered on their vehicles?

Both smell fundy.

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Is it JB Hunt or Covenant Transport that has the "It's a child, not a choice" plastered on their vehicles?

Both smell fundy.

Convenant. Fuckers profess all kinds of Christian beliefs but fall short of them when it comes to the treatment of their own employees. The truck driving school I worked for wouldn't even let their recruiters on campus because of complaints from former students who signed on with them. Even their name in insulting—the owner claims he made a convent with God stating that if he ran his company based on Christian beliefs, God would make him successful.

WX7P
07-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Convenant. Fuckers profess all kinds of Christian beliefs but fall short of them when it comes to the treatment of their own employees. The truck driving school I worked for wouldn't even let their recruiters on campus because of complaints from former students who signed on with them. Even their name in insulting—the owner claims he made a convent with God stating that if he ran his company based on Christian beliefs, God would make him successful.

eeyuk.

Sounds like typical prosperity gospel. Money for me but not for thee. Be thy happy and satisfied with a good days work and a hearty pat on the back for a job well done.

But I get the cash, because thou art more holy.

W7XF
07-16-2014, 02:12 AM
What makes me chuckle is a bunch of Covenant trucks pulled behind the California scales while the drivers were covering or removing those stickers with a Chippie watching!

W3WN
07-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Convenant. Fuckers profess all kinds of Christian beliefs but fall short of them when it comes to the treatment of their own employees. The truck driving school I worked for wouldn't even let their recruiters on campus because of complaints from former students who signed on with them. Even their name in insulting—the owner claims he made a convent with God stating that if he ran his company based on Christian beliefs, God would make him successful.Uh huh. Sure. Does he tithe?

N2ADV
07-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Uh huh. Sure. Does he tithe?
Who, God? lol

(bet He knows CW :) )