PDA

View Full Version : Why do people feel the need to...

K9CCH
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
...air their gripes/complaints/dirty laundry ON THE AIR???

Nothing irritates me more than turning on the radio and hearing people complain about stupid stuff. Just because you live a negative life, doesn't mean that I want to, and I CERTAINLY don't want to hear about it.

If you want to live in misery, then please, slink off to some dark corner and do it alone.... but for heavens sake, stay off the air.

http://www.favething.com/uploads/images/main-fave-images/positivity-1.jpg

N2CHX
07-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Yeah, goddammit. Keep your gripes off the air and post them on web forums instead :snicker:

KJ3N
07-14-2014, 09:21 AM
:rant: GTFOML! :rant:

W3WN
07-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Ya know, a few years back, you couldn't get a word in edgewise on some of the local repeaters most mornings, especially after morning rush hour. Seemed that each one had their own set of "regulars" kvetching about their aches & pains, kids, boring retirement, honeydew lists, etc.

The repeaters are quiet most morning these days.

You see, they're all gone now. A few have moved to FL or other sunnier slopes. Some are in personal care homes of one sort or another, homes which either don't allow radios, or they are now unable to operate even an HT, for any of an assortment of reasons. And the vast majority are... well, have QSY'd to another plane of existence.

All in all, I'd rather not have the quiet.

KK4AMI
07-14-2014, 09:49 AM
He does kinda sound like an "Old Man in Training" :lol:

N2NH
07-14-2014, 10:24 AM
He does kinda sound like an "DIRTY Old Man in Training" :lol:

Just a thought.

I'm thinking their wives (if they weren't alone) got sick of hearing the same old crud and they took it on the air. Used to be you'd only hear that on the Moaning Band (75M) but I've heard it here once in awhile. Like Ron the repeaters here are nearly all dead as in NYC. I think people got paranoid with all the surveillance.

KG4CGC
07-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Let me tell you about my kidney stones. Better yet, I have pictures.

NM5TF
07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah, goddammit. Keep your gripes off the air and post them on web forums instead :snicker:

+ 10K Kelli

NM5TF
07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Let me tell you about my kidney stones. Better yet, I have pictures.

isn't that what SSTV is for ???

XE1/N5AL
07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
The radio spectrum is a hallway full of doors, like in the old Monty Python Argument Clinic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY) sketch. There is something for everyone and a room for eyerything. You have a room for "Abuse" and another room for "Arguments". So, if you don't like being in "Complaints", then just spin the BIG knob ...and head next door to Room 14.313, where they're dishing out free "Getting Hit on the Head Lessons", everyday!!! :)

K9CCH
07-14-2014, 11:35 AM

I know right! LOL Complain about the complainers.... LOL

K9CCH
07-14-2014, 11:42 AM
All in all, I'd rather not have the quiet.

I'd rather not have the quiet either, but damn man.... If the only thing positive you can say is that its sunny outside, then just give me the friggin weather report. And if you still have a need to talk, repeat the weather report.

I don't want to know about how the illegal immigrants are taking over your town, and the gays are threatening your marriage, and the government is taking your guns.

KJ3N
07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd rather not have the quiet either, but damn man.... If the only thing positive you can say is that its sunny outside, then just give me the friggin weather report. And if you still have a need to talk, repeat the weather report.

I don't want to know about how the illegal immigrants are taking over your town, and the gays are threatening your marriage, and the government is taking your guns.

Being a Liberal in this hobby is like being a Pilgrim in an unholy land.

NQ6U
07-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Gay illegal immigrants are taking over my town, threatening my marriage and helping the government confiscate my guns. Also, it's overcast this morning.

N2CHX
07-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I know right! LOL Complain about the complainers.... LOL

:twisted: I was just givin you shit.

N2CHX
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Gay illegal immigrants are taking over my town, threatening my marriage and helping the government confiscate my guns. Also, it's overcast this morning.

...and you left your teeth out last night, so they're all dried out, and your colostomy bag is full but the nurses aid doesn't arrive for another four hours.

NQ6U
07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
...and you left your teeth out last night, so they're all dried out, and your colostomy bag is full but the nurses aid doesn't arrive for another four hours.

Right. Also, the president is a negro.

WØTKX
07-14-2014, 12:57 PM

You're such a misanthrope. :mrgreen:

n2ize
07-14-2014, 01:16 PM
People are bored. They have all sorts of problems and they discuss them with each other. It's a form of psychological support. You have a medical condition and you talk with others who have similar conditions and you feel better. It's like an informal support group. They give each other a degree of home and confidence. A kind of unofficial spontaneous therapy.

N2CHX
07-14-2014, 01:27 PM
You're such a misanthrope. :mrgreen:

Yes, yes I am.

W2NAP
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I woke up hours lates. missed the matlock episode, then I went to have lunch and the damn dog stole it. and its damn humid outside and its going to storm. were going to have to dig out my orange vest and save the day after these storms come, they look kinda bad. and then I still ain't been able to poop its been a week now. and the damn kids only come over cause they want money.

w0aew
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Song lyrics? Or just a typical ham rant? You decide!

You know what, Stuart, I LIKE YOU. You're not like the other
people, here, in the trailer park.
Oh, don't go get me wrong. They're fine people, they're
good Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe
watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57, maybe kick
back a cool, Coors 16-ouncer. They're good, fine people,
Stuart. But they don't know ... what the queers are doing
to the soil!
You know that Jonny Wurster kid, the kid that delivers papers
in the neighborhood. He's a foreign kid. Some of the neighbors
say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it.
Anyway, for his tenth birthday, all he wanted was a Burrow Owl.
Kept bugging his old man. "Dad, get me a burrow owl. I'll never
ask for anything else as long as I live." So the guy
breaks down and buys him a burrow owl.
Anyway, 10:30, the other night, I go out in my yard, and there's
the Wurster kid, looking up in the tree. I say, "What are
you looking for?" He says "I'm looking for my burrow owl."
I say, "Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick. Everybody knows
the burrow owl lives. In a hole. In the ground. Why the hell do you
think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?" Now Stuart, do you
think a kid like that is going to know what the queers are
doing to the soil?
I first became aware of this about ten years ago, the summer
my oldest boy, Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival comes into
town every year? Well this year they came through with a ride
called The Mixer. The man said, "Keep your head, and arms, inside
the Mixer at all times." But Bill Jr, he was a DAAAREDEVIL, just
like his old man. He was leaning out saying "Hey everybody,
Look at me! Look at me!" Pow! He was decapitated! They found
his head over by the snow cone concession.
A few days after that, I open up the mail. And there's a pamphlet
in there. From Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill, Jr.
And it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our
soil?"
Now, Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large US city,
there's a big undeground homosexual population. Des Moines, Iowa,
for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.
You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government
says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on,
Stuart. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens.
They're building landing strips for gay Martians, I swear to
God.
You know what, Stuart, I like you. You're not like the other
people, here in this trailer park.

kb2vxa
07-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Now if you stop FARTING at me Stuart I'll TELL you what the queers are doing to our soil.

W7XF
07-15-2014, 03:50 AM
...air their gripes/complaints/dirty laundry ON THE AIR???

Nothing irritates me more than turning on the radio and hearing people complain about stupid stuff. Just because you live a negative life, doesn't mean that I want to, and I CERTAINLY don't want to hear about it.

If you want to live in misery, then please, slink off to some dark corner and do it alone.... but for heavens sake, stay off the air.

http://www.favething.com/uploads/images/main-fave-images/positivity-1.jpg

n0iu
07-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Nothing irritates me more than turning on the radio and hearing people complain about stupid stuff.

There's a big round knob on the front of the radio that will solve that problem.

This looks fine on paper (or an innerweb forum) until someone comes along and wants to restrict something YOU want to talk about and then you will be right back here bitching about how your rights are being trampled upon.

With all due respect (uh oh, now you know you're in trouble)...

If you don't want to hear about, QSY or shut the damn radio off!

K9CCH
07-15-2014, 11:37 AM
If you don't want to hear about, QSY or shut the damn radio off!

I get your point. But its usually the same people, with the same issues, on the same channels. And when I'm currently limited to 2m/70cm only at this point.... there's only so much spinning you can do.

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 11:44 AM
I get your point. But its usually the same people, with the same issues, on the same channels. And when I'm currently limited to 2m/70cm only at this point.... there's only so much spinning you can do.

I know what you mean. When I'm in the shack, I like to keep my 2m rig tuned the repeater on Lyons Peak so my east county friends can call me. Unfortunately, it gets taken over by long, dull conversations at least three times a day by the same guys talking about the same crap, forcing me to turn it off after a few minutes to avoid going postal. That sort of defeats the purpose of the thing.

K9CCH
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm GOING to get on HF soon.... soon I tell ya!

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 12:06 PM
I know what you mean. When I'm in the shack, I like to keep my 2m rig tuned the repeater on Lyons Peak so my east county friends can call me. Unfortunately, it gets taken over by long, dull conversations at least three times a day by the same guys talking about the same crap, forcing me to turn it off after a few minutes to avoid going postal. That sort of defeats the purpose of the thing.

I didn't know you had any friends. Who Gnu?

KJ3N
07-15-2014, 12:13 PM

Minnesota
Horse
Argo
Bushtit

NQ6U
07-15-2014, 12:15 PM

You know, I had a parenthetical phrase in the there along the lines of "yes, believe it or not, I have a few" but I took it out as being unnecessarily negative. I guess I was wrong.

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM
You know, I had a parenthetical phrase in the there along the lines of "yes, believe it or not, I have a few" but I took it out as being unnecessarily negative. I guess I was wrong.

I feel it is my job, nay, my duty to point out any obvious shortcomings in postings that are going to be viewed worldwide. I do it for the betterment of the children. I feel I must not take this responsibility lightly, and am obligated to expose the devils toe-jam.

KG4CGC
07-15-2014, 01:11 PM
<snip> and am obligated to lick the devils toe-jam.
Fixed and snipped!
I gnu.
You're welcome.

K7SGJ
07-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Fixed and snipped!
I gnu.
You're welcome.

You're too kind. Ya bastid.

W7XF
07-16-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm GOING to get on HF soon.... soon I tell ya!

Chris, you, Tim, Kelli, and I (and others) should gay up the Possums! :rofl:

N2NH
07-16-2014, 05:27 AM
I feel it is my job, nay, my duty to point out any obvious shortcomings in postings that are going to be viewed worldwide. I do it for the betterment of the children. I feel I must not take this responsibility lightly, and am obligated to expose the devils toe-jam.

<snip> and am obligated to lick the devils toe-jam.

Fixed and snipped!
I gnu.
You're welcome.

Uh-oh.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x2p5yx.jpg

KC2UGV
07-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Being a Liberal in this hobby is like being a Pilgrim in an unholy land.

Trufax.

W3WN
07-16-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm GOING to get on HF soon.... soon I tell ya!I have a TS-520 in need of a little TLC.

KC2KFC
07-16-2014, 09:53 AM
No truer words could be posted. ;)

K9CCH
07-16-2014, 11:38 AM
I have a TS-520 in need of a little TLC.

I think we've discussed this before. If by TLC you mean a light dusting with a swiffer, I'm in.