PDA

View Full Version : Morsecode.me

W5BRM
07-05-2014, 05:26 PM
http://morsecode.me

Just found this. Looks like a promising tool if they can get a few bugs worked out. I tried sending and my CW is atrocious to begin with. I hadn't realized how much I had forgotten. Right now theres a bunch of either learners or disruptors on there but i saw a few decent qso's happen. There's 5 channels to play with. most everyone seems to be on channel 1.

I tried sending and the system cant read CW sent at 5wpm nor words sent at lower then 10wpm it appears. It keeps spacing the letters out or misreads them if you have a rough fist. Mine is very rough...lol. If i could get up to speed and remember the alphabet, i could do better. It's perfect for semi experienced cw ops who might not have a rig but want to keep up on their skill. Also it helps to have another experienced cw op in the mix as well...lol.

When you open the page, you are given a random 4 digit user ID. No entry forms for adding personal info so its completely anonymous unless you toss out your call or name. No way to control the pitch on you CW tone. Every user has a different pitch so its easy to keep the sound straight if you want to copy by ear and not read the screen text. CW tone is sent by pressing the space bar. There is a list of all the CW characters, number and prosigns running down the right side of the screen.

Like I said, it has promise if they work out a few bugs and/or figure out how to stop the disruptors. Lots of learners which is good but it makes it tough to have a convo.

W2NAP
07-05-2014, 06:23 PM
it appears that the "key" is a button you have to click with yer mouse.

W5BRM
07-05-2014, 06:27 PM
it appears that the "key" is a button you have to click with yer mouse.

Hit the space bar. It might be a bit better. Click the "About" link and it gives a bit better dirs

W5BRM
07-05-2014, 08:09 PM
HAHA BSO. Nice catching you on there...lol Toldya my code sucked!!! Was nice chatting with that n6 station though. he has a nice fist. I hope i can clean up my at and send like him...lol I got distracted about halfway though the qso though and lost my train of though. Maybe next time itll work better

W2NAP
07-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Hit the space bar. It might be a bit better. Click the "About" link and it gives a bit better dirs

it works... but not good for me.. it dont seem to recognize the pattern I am actually hitting the space bar.

W5BRM
07-05-2014, 08:35 PM
it works... but not good for me.. it dont seem to recognize the pattern I am actually hitting the space bar.

Yeah it takes some getting used to. Noticed the text doesnt always match the letters sent. The timing is off in a lot of it unless you send around 15wpm or better. It doesnt really like slow code

NQ6U
07-05-2014, 10:51 PM
HAHA BSO. Nice catching you on there...lol Toldya my code sucked!!! Was nice chatting with that n6 station though. he has a nice fist. I hope i can clean up my at and send like him...lol I got distracted about halfway though the qso though and lost my train of though. Maybe next time itll work better

Your code was a hell of a lot better than mine. Eventually had to bail for dinner but I'm going to go back there for practice.

Yeah it takes some getting used to. Noticed the text doesnt always match the letters sent. The timing is off in a lot of it unless you send around 15wpm or better. It doesnt really like slow code

I had to download a copy of the Chrome browser to make it work at all. It was impossible using Firefox.

W2NAP
07-06-2014, 01:14 AM
not really looked at it much out side of a quick play around.. wonder if it has a setting for "paddles" you know maybe <- for dit -> for dah.

n2ize
07-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I miss operating code on the airwaves. In the old days I was quite good at sending code, I had an nice rhythm and tempo. Got a lot of complements on my sending. My receiving was not that great (barely 13 wpm) but still good enough to have some great CW QSO's. I could send it a lot faster than I could receive it. Don't know where my old key is. Perhaps I'll browse around ebay and look for a nice antique straight key. I was always a straight key person. Never went for the paddles. My very first "key" was 2 wires touched together to "tap out" the dits and the dahs.

NQ6U
07-13-2014, 04:38 PM
My very first "key" was 2 wires touched together to "tap out" the dits and the dahs.

In the snow, uphill both ways.

K9CCH
07-13-2014, 06:07 PM
... he has a nice fist.

I mean really.... it's too easy.

N2CHX
07-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately this site doesn't work well at all on my machine. I love CW.

NQ6U
07-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately this site doesn't work well at all on my machine. I love CW.

What browser are you using? I could only make it work by installing the latest version of Chrome.

W5BRM
07-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Yeah on the top it says it only works on Chrome atm. Dont know if or when he will expand it to other browsers :( Its a "weekend project" for him so i dont expect much rapid development.

N2CHX
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
What browser are you using? I could only make it work by installing the latest version of Chrome.

Yeah on the top it says it only works on Chrome atm. Dont know if or when he will expand it to other browsers :( Its a "weekend project" for him so i dont expect much rapid development.

I'm using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 on Linux Mint XFCE.

K9CCH
07-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I finally got "HE LLO" out... LOL

https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12691&stc=1