PDA

View Full Version : Step Right Up! K1MAN is available.

WX7P
07-03-2014, 06:38 AM
For all you contrarians, here's your chance to have some fun!

http://ae7q.com/query/data/CallHistory.php?CALL=k1man

N8YX
07-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Good riddance.

FCC ought to retire that call along with those of all the other "luminaries" who have polluted 20 and 75M over the years.

KC2UGV
07-03-2014, 07:08 AM
I would hate to get that call. I worked an operator whose call was k2man... He always was confused for K1MAN, but he said he got some small pleasure out of the sudden activity that flocked his way lol

W3WN
07-03-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll give you 3:2 odds that someone has already formed a "Glen Baxter Memorial ARC" (or similar title). Said group is currently holding as a club call a generic, sequential 2x3. That group will soon, if they haven't already, submit to have their club call become K1MAN. And, guess who one of the operators will be?

N2CHX
07-03-2014, 07:20 AM
I must have missed what happened to him. Did he drop dead of a heart attack?

N8YX
07-03-2014, 07:23 AM
His Radio Shack timer finally malfunctioned.

KJ3N
07-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't soil my asshole reputation with that call. :hand:

kb2vxa
07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
It expired on 10/17/2005 but was still active due to ongoing litigation, that I understand, but now the ULS says it was cancelled as of 10/18/2007. So if it was cancelled on that date why was it still active and the actual termination date that should be some time late last month not listed?

Hello hammies, my old friends,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while you were sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
I'm still a pain.

And W3WN said the words of the prophets are written on the Alpha Hotel walls
And in hamshack halls
And whispered... he will not... be silenced.

Yup, all he needs are the Minions of Anarchy to form a club and no mention of him, instant club call and it's The Return of The Son of Monster Magnet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGVROziRgFg&feature=kp Yep, that sounds like Glen Bastard alright!

XE1/N5AL
07-03-2014, 11:19 AM
The FCC should have a "Hall of Shame" where they can safely retire the old, soiled callsigns. Leaving them laying around is dangerous to unsuspecting newcomers, who might mistakenly request one as a vanity call. It's like letting your kids play in a kitchen drawer full of steak knives. Write your congressman or other elected representative today!!! :soapbox:

K7SGJ
07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
The FCC should have a "Hall of Shame" where they can safely retire the old, soiled callsigns. Leaving them laying around is dangerous to unsuspecting newcomers, who might mistakenly request one as a vanity call. It's like letting your kids play in a kitchen drawer full of steak knives. Write your congressman or other elected representative today!!! :soapbox:

The only problem with that is, the only unspoiled call held by an outstanding and revered ham would be , k7sgj.

W2NAP
07-03-2014, 11:40 AM
I'll give you 3:2 odds that someone has already formed a "Glen Baxter Memorial ARC" (or similar title). Said group is currently holding as a club call a generic, sequential 2x3. That group will soon, if they haven't already, submit to have their club call become K1MAN. And, guess who one of the operators will be?

Actually. for lulz I wanted to form a "club" to snag the K1MAN call and put on the repeater. but never got around to the "club" thing

KK4AMI
07-03-2014, 11:43 AM
The only problem with that is, the only unspoiled call held by an outstanding and revered ham would be , k7sgj.

I think you should change over to K7RAT!

K7SGJ
07-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I think you should change over to K7RAT!

I probably should

n2ize
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM

I think so. He was getting up there in the years. I guess his time came a bit sooner than many expected.

VE7DCW
07-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Baxter got into trouble by himself........ associating his call sign with VE7KFM,and by having Mr.Kooky as silly cohort and co-host to his idiotic radio show,really never helped whatever cause he was on!
K1MAN will be illegal if he transmits on any of the Amateur radio bands....... I say good riddance to him.Baxter's time has come....... :clap:

W2NAP
07-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Baxter got into trouble by himself........ associating his call sign with VE7KFM,and by having Mr.Kooky as silly cohort and co-host to his idiotic radio show,really never helped whatever cause he was on!
K1MAN will be illegal if he transmits on any of the Amateur radio bands....... I say good riddance to him.Baxter's time has come....... :clap:

seen a post couple days ago that said baxter was still transmitting on 275

XE1/N5AL
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Applying his personally revised theory of relativity, Baxter is projecting new transmissions into the present, from a past point in time when his license was still valid.

NQ6U
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Applying his personally revised theory of relativity, Baxter is projecting new transmissions into the present, from a past point in time when his license was still valid.

That makes my head hurt...

n2ize
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM

I thought he passed away. Guess not. Don't worry, if he is still alive he will continue broadcasting as K1MAN. It doesn't matter if the FCC didn't renew his license. As far as Baxter is concerned the FCC had no right not to renew his license, his license is still valid and he has every legal right to transmit for as long as and as often as he wishes. Baxter does not live in reality. In Baxter's world Baxter is always right and everyone else is always wrong. Baxter will only stop transmitting when he actually does pass or whence they haul his ass off into jail.

W7XF
07-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Here it is....
Stick a fork in yourself, Baxter. YOU'RE DONE! (http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applAdmin.jsp?applID=3052669)

kb2vxa
07-04-2014, 07:21 AM
"Baxter does not live in reality. In Baxter's world..."

That's IT! Glen and Karol in... BAXTER'S WORLD! Gentlemen, we have an idea for a movie. Just one question, should we make it a comedy, a horror show, or science fiction? How about all three? THAT sounds good, what do you think? Can we get it done in time for a release date of Halloween like War Of The Worlds? Hmmm, maybe that would cause a panic... lemme think about it.............

NQ6U
07-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Here's an interesting document (http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/letterPdf/LetterPdfController;JSESSIONID_APPSEARCH=xTmFT2BC4 7TrmLFqNBvXyLYNt6vrhgr3LQFf3Q2drpGL3N1Gy82s!-1568652259!1902450820?applId=3052669&letterVersionId=110&autoLetterId=1638893&letterCode=DI&radioServiceCode=HA&op=LetterPdf&letterTo=L). It says that his license application has been "red-lighted" because he owes money to the the FCC.

NM5TF
07-04-2014, 01:36 PM
he had his Collins KW-1 on e-pay for a while...listed at $20K....not 1 bidder...has since been pulled....

along with the listing was a link to some of his incredible rants....he even was claiming that some
Navy SEALS had installed listening devices on his property.....OK....

kb2vxa
07-04-2014, 04:05 PM
"The Red Light Rule was adopted as part of the Federal Communication Commission's ongoing effort to implement the
Debt Collection Improvement Act, which providesthat the Commission check whether entities or individuals seeking
licenses or other benefits from the FCC are delinquent in debt owed to the Commission."

A rule adopted especially for him, they just got fed up with his dancing through loopholes wasting court time and taxpayer monies that could be used for something worthwhile. HEY, da gubmint finally did something GOOD for a change! THANK YOU FCC!!!

Hey Glen...

n2ize
07-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Here it is....
Stick a fork in yourself, Baxter. YOU'RE DONE! (http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applAdmin.jsp?applID=3052669)

Not as far as Baxter is concerned. I am sure Baxter is preparing a felony affidavit right now.

VE7DCW
07-04-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm not really sure how your FCC works...... "redlighted for not paying his fine" means no movement in the processing of his licence status until his fine is paid? ........ which means he can not transmit on Amateur radio bands? ........ or is it set up that once his fine is paid he's allowed to transmit again, while the processing of his licence continues? enquiring minds and all that :dunno:

K7SGJ
07-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm not really sure how your FCC works...... "redlighted for not paying his fine" means no movement in the processing of his licence status until his fine is paid? ........ which means he can not transmit on Amateur radio bands? ........ or is it set up that once his fine is paid he's allowed to transmit again, while the processing of his licence continues? enquiring minds and all that :dunno:

I think redlighted means he lives in a whorehouse.

XE1/N5AL
07-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I think redlighted means he lives in a whorehouse.
Signing PA1MAN from behind a glass door, in Amsterdam?

K7SGJ
07-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Signing PA1MAN from behind a glass door, in Amsterdam?

Careful, we don't want to rile that guy around here with the wooden shoes.

W1IT
07-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Spoken like the old fart you are. And when you finally die so will a very basic part of an old man's arcane pass time.

W1IT
07-05-2014, 06:01 PM
The very idea of the FCC collecting money from citizens, same as police throwing a party with the house they sold at auction when they busted the drug runners. Rather sickening and the Founding Father's and Mother's turn over in their graves. Both police and government are funded by tax money not fines, rewards and confiscated property of citizens. Y'all have NOT a clue do you!

W2NAP
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM
thou shall not drinketh the bong water.

WØTKX
07-05-2014, 06:25 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/007/502/this_baloney_is_smiling.jpg

KJ3N
07-05-2014, 06:55 PM
he had his Collins KW-1 on e-pay for a while...listed at $20K....not 1 bidder...has since been pulled....

along with the listing was a link to some of his incredible rants....he even was claiming that some
Navy SEALS had installed listening devices on his property.....OK....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4088/5050702203_20d6e94a2d.jpg

W3WN
07-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Spoken like the old fart you are. And when you finally die so will a very basic part of an old man's arcane pass time.Judges?

*bzzzzzzzzzzzz*

I'm sorry. Your answer MUST be in the form of a question. Thank you for playing.

VE7DCW
07-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Spoken like the old fart you are. And when you finally die so will a very basic part of an old man's arcane pass time.

Oh dear....... W1IT....... you almost sound like you are a supporter of everything K1MAN does!...... in other words,are you a K1MAN apologist? ...... feel free to join this discussion :-D

kd6vm
07-06-2014, 10:45 AM
I think Glen Baxter is the brother of Ted Baxter from the Mary Tyler Moore show.

...and Ted was the intelligent one...

w2amr
07-07-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm still pissed about QSO's I had years ago on 75, that were blown up because of that douchebag and his timer controlled transmitter. I hope they confiscate his equipment and send the prick to jail.

n2ize
07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm still pissed about QSO's I had years ago on 75, that were blown up because of that douchebag and his timer controlled transmitter. I hope they confiscate his equipment and send the prick to jail.

Remember that. I remember it well. The timer would go off and the transmitter would come on and transmit nothing but dead air for about an hour. Then the audio feed would start, run for about a half hour and then the transmitter would shut down in mid sentence. He must have been quite an engineer. He couldn't even synchronize his timers and do his illegal broadcasting properly.

n2ize
07-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Oh, BTW I was looking at another radio related website and according to what I read K1MAN is still transmitting. Has anyone monitored him ? I certainly wouldn't be surprised, I highly doubt that he has any intention of staying off the air.

suddenseer
07-07-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm still pissed about QSO's I had years ago on 75, that were blown up because of that douchebag and his timer controlled transmitter. I hope they confiscate his equipment and send the prick to jail.His audio sounded like shit as well. If I remember correctly, Herbie's(KV2FZ)20M phone signal sounded like shit marbles running in his mouth too. It seems like high level lids have shitty sounding audio as a requirement, who Gnu?

N8YX
07-08-2014, 05:58 AM
If I remember correctly, Herbie's(KV2FZ)20M phone signal sounded like shit marbles running in his mouth too.
You don't remember correctly, Tim. KV4FZ - as controversial as he was at the time - rarely had a bad signal.

Now his various detractors and jammers, on the other hand...

n2ize
07-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Latest news is that Baxter is still in business even though he has no license.

W2NAP
07-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Latest news is that Baxter is still in business even though he has no license.

yeah I caught him a couple weeks ago. after license was canceled. still broadcasting..

get the popcorn...

W7XF
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Stay tuned for the deployment of Uncle Charlie's Commandos...

XE1/N5AL
07-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Stay tuned for the deployment of Uncle Charlie's Commandos...
We'll know that something went down when a load of Collins gear shows up on the government auction website.

N2ADV
07-10-2014, 07:49 AM
yeah I caught him a couple weeks ago. after license was canceled. still broadcasting..

get the popcorn...
Was it really him or just another of the seemingly endless supply of dumb asses on 20 meters playing recordings of K1MAN's previous rants?

VE7DCW
07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Was it really him or just another of the seemingly endless supply of dumb asses on 20 meters playing recordings of K1MAN's previous rants?

Live or Memorex? ........ I'm betting on Memorex. K1MAN is more of an anomaly of ancient Radio history who,despite all the garbage he's pulled that now has finally caught up to him,would've still followed radio regulations more or less in the twisted way he saw them.Transmitting while having no legal privilege to do so,would totally put the kiss of death on any remote chance of Baxter being able to ever get his bizarre thinking out to the masses!

I'm hazarding a guess it's one of the 313 groupies who just so happened to have a sampling of Baxter's work recorded to transmit roundabout 275 to just plain rub it in!
The U.S. FCC most likely already know this and will handle it in the usual way..... or maybe not.
Fred is pretty good in predicting what these jammers are all about...... I'd be interested to hear what he thinks about it :yes:

n2ize
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Live or Memorex? ........ I'm betting on Memorex. K1MAN is more of an anomaly of ancient Radio history who,despite all the garbage he's pulled that now has finally caught up to him,would've still followed radio regulations more or less in the twisted way he saw them.Transmitting while having no legal privilege to do so,would totally put the kiss of death on any remote chance of Baxter being able to ever get his bizarre thinking out to the masses!

I'm hazarding a guess it's one of the 313 groupies who just so happened to have a sampling of Baxter's work recorded to transmit roundabout 275 to just plain rub it in!
The U.S. FCC most likely already know this and will handle it in the usual way..... or maybe not.
Fred is pretty good in predicting what these jammers are all about...... I'd be interested to hear what he thinks about it :yes:

It's possible. Shortly after Irb (W2VJZ) passed away there were a few fakes playing old recordings of his on AM to make it seem like VJZ's ghost was still on the airwaves. In the case of Baxter I am not so sure. baxter is a stubborn SOB. He might continue to broadcast without a license. I guess time will tell.

XE1/N5AL
07-12-2014, 07:36 PM
It appears that nobody has yet requested K1MAN.

A vengeful person could request it as a vanity call, and then request his old call back once the K1MAN vanity call is approved. This would make the K1MAN callsign unavailable to anyone else for a period of two years and one day.

Unfortunately, this ham would now be associated with the K1MAN callsign in the FCC archives. Likewise, a QRZ search on "K1MAN" would list his current callsign as the replacement (with the appropriate redirect to the ham's current QRZ callsign page).

kb2vxa
07-13-2014, 04:40 AM
^^^THAT^^^ and this from WB5YDK:
"We'll know that something went down when a load of Collins gear shows up on the government auction website."
That's rather like the "demilitarized" equipment sold by Fair Radio, it will require extensive/expensive repair and restoration with many parts made of unobtanium. Then knowing where it came from "would you buy a used car from this (K1)MAN?" EEEWWW!!! It's... ICKY!!!

n2ize
07-13-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't think I would ever want the K1MAN callsign. There are too many bad stigmas connected to that call. Maybe in a few decades it will be okay but right now it would be bad juju to have that call.

NQ6U
07-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Baby Jesus weeps whenever anyone IDs with the call K1MAN. That's a fact, you can look it up on the Internet.

w2amr
07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Baby Jesus weeps whenever anyone IDs with the call K1MAN. That's a fact, you can look it up on the Internet.They couldn't say if it wasn't true.

K7SGJ
07-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Baby Jesus weeps whenever anyone IDs with the call K1MAN. That's a fact, you can look it up on the Internet.

When that is brought up, I heard he gets cross.

NQ6U
07-13-2014, 08:30 PM
When that is brought up, I heard he gets cross.

Yeah, but he really got nailed for that.

WX7P
07-23-2014, 06:07 AM
Some "club station" in Illinois applied for K1MAN

N8YX
07-23-2014, 07:20 AM
A club with no actual members, I'll wager.

WX7P
07-23-2014, 08:16 AM
A club with no actual members, I'll wager.

That's why the quotation marks...

KJ3N
07-23-2014, 08:21 AM
They couldn't say if it wasn't true.

http://media.tumblr.com/862175da7faef549cef3a36b570fe9f4/tumblr_inline_mn2dgjvga61qz4rgp.jpg

W3WN
07-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Some "club station" in Illinois applied for K1MANI'll bet.

What is the "club" and who is the proposed "trustee"? I'm wondering if this is a camp follower trying to find a back door way for The Bax to (supposedly) legally get on the air, as a 3rd party operator... or if this is a Bax Basher looking to block anyone from trying that.

kb2vxa
07-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Well, if he's a Bax Basher a club would be appropriate.

W3WN
07-24-2014, 01:28 PM
According to AE7Q, this app is from the "Northern Illinois Radio Club" currently KD9BKM

Trustee is Andrew T Sylthe "The One & Only" KC9ONA. Who is calling for a boycott of the KK9DX repeater (no idea why). Is he involved in the 313 debacle in any way that anyone knows of?

This "group" tried to obtain NI9RC in June; app was dismissed.

The K1MAN app is currently "(Offlined by FCC)"
The application has been taken offline for FCC manual review.

W2NAP
07-24-2014, 01:32 PM
If i would have had the extra cash. Id of formed a "club" and snagged it.

XE1/N5AL
07-24-2014, 02:09 PM
The application has been taken offline for FCC manual review.
The FCC has to do it manually, because their computers would overheat and blow-up if they ever saw the K1MAN callsign again!

XE1/N5AL
07-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Would it be considered bad form to drop Baxter an email, inquiring if he had any radios for sale?

W3WN
07-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Would it be considered bad form to drop Baxter an email, inquiring if he had any radios for sale?Probably.

And do you REALLY want him to have your email address?

kc9ona
12-09-2014, 10:07 AM
According to AE7Q, this app is from the "Northern Illinois Radio Club" currently KD9BKM

Trustee is Andrew T Sylthe "The One & Only" KC9ONA. Who is calling for a boycott of the KK9DX repeater (no idea why). Is he involved in the 313 debacle in any way that anyone knows of?

This "group" tried to obtain NI9RC in June; app was dismissed.

The K1MAN app is currently "(Offlined by FCC)"

No, I am not involved with the "313 debacle."

You may be happy to know that the FCC has put the K1MAN callsign in a vault, and will not issue it even though it appears to be available.

Here is what I got from Laura Smith:
As for your application for your club for call sign K1MAN, you will need to pick another call sign. That call sign is not available. Once the application has been released from the alert list, please modify it to reflect another call sign. If you do not update it, I will have it dismissed.

Thank you.

Laura Smith

N8YX
12-09-2014, 10:58 AM
In light of Andrew's comments, I wonder if the FCC is beginning to treat call signs of the infamous as the NHC does with the names of Cat5 hurricanes which cause significant loss of life and/or property damage?

As in, retire them permanently.

KG4NEL
12-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Not a horrible idea.

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 11:43 AM
welp, called it.

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Andrew T Sylthe "The One & Only" KC9ONA [...] is calling for a boycott of the KK9DX repeater (no idea why).

Might it have something to do with this letter from the FCC (http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/files/Sylth11_09_30_5265.html)?

W3WN
12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Might it have something to do with this letter from the FCC (http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/files/Sylth11_09_30_5265.html)?True, but there's got to be more to the story.

OTOH... I don't really care. It was just idle curiosity.

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 01:36 PM
True, but there's got to be more to the story.

OTOH... I don't really care. It was just idle curiosity.

Agreed, and I'm pointing no fingers. Seeing your post quoted led me to do a Google search, where the FCC letter showed up.

kc9ona
12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Might it have something to do with this letter from the FCC (http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/files/Sylth11_09_30_5265.html)?

It's all good. The owner of the KK9DX repeater is a communist scum bag in my opinion.

KJ3N
12-09-2014, 05:09 PM
It's all good. The owner of the KK9DX repeater is a communist scum bag in my opinion.

:popcorn:

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 05:43 PM

Привет соратник
you don't say?

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Это ложная молва, камрад. Вся коммунистическая шлачка здесь на этом острове.

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
да здравствует остров СССР

N8YX
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM
да, камрад! Все окличут Marx и Ленин!

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Мы должны направить в КГБ после ONA. ONA не будучи хороший товарищ

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Нет потребности для КГБ. GDR Stasi воли взятия внимательности этого из для нас.

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Да, это хороший план товарищ. Они будут делать хорошую работу с этим.

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Те мальчики умеют как о процессе противницы славный социалистическая революция.

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 09:36 PM
мы должны распространить революцию по всем интернете

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Да, это верно , товарищ .

WX7P
12-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Endut! Hoch Hech!

NQ6U
12-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Endut! Hoch Hech!

That's a big ten-four, tovarishch.

W2NAP
12-09-2014, 10:41 PM
roger roger

KC2SYK
12-09-2014, 11:57 PM
私はロシア語をわかりません。

VE7DCW
12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Die вы, русские собак от ваших друзей в Чечне :snicker:

W7XF
12-10-2014, 01:40 AM
Это ложная молва, камрад. Вся коммунистическая шлачка здесь на этом острове.

Снова Ложь, Ваше Святейшество. Все розовый коммунистическая сволочь старше на болота.

W7XF
12-10-2014, 01:50 AM
김정은 수있는 말은? 아, 그가 김정은 섹스를합니다 그의 오른쪽 염두에없는 사람 때문에, 지금 고소 명명 된 소년 지간 성교된다, 맞아. 다, 동지?

W7XF
12-10-2014, 01:51 AM
此外,你会毛主席说的?

n6hcm
12-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Here is what I got from Laura Smith:
As for your application for your club for call sign K1MAN, you will need to pick another call sign. That call sign is not available. Once the application has been released from the alert list, please modify it to reflect another call sign. If you do not update it, I will have it dismissed.

Thank you.

Laura Smith

I wonder if this unavailability is based in the law ... I suppose it's a good thing that he didn't have a 1x2 or a 2x1.

n2ize
12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Why would anyone want that callsign ? Considering the negative stigma attached to it it is one of the last call signs I would want.

kb2vxa
12-10-2014, 03:30 PM
That's just you, there are some who hate themselves intensely but lack the courage to commit suicide.

KJ3N
12-10-2014, 04:28 PM
That's just you, there are some who hate themselves intensely but lack the courage to commit suicide.

That would describe one denizen of QRDead I can think of.... :chin:

kc9ona
12-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I wonder if this unavailability is based in the law ... I suppose it's a good thing that he didn't have a 1x2 or a 2x1.

What law would that be? It's unavailable because the fcc refuses to issue it, even though it's "available" or meets the conditions of what we know to be available.

K7SGJ
12-10-2014, 09:12 PM
What law would that be? It's unavailable because the fcc refuses to issue it, even though it's "available" or meets the conditions of what we know to be available.

Laura's Law

W3WN
12-10-2014, 09:15 PM
да, камрад! Все окличут Marx и Ленин!
Мы должны направить в КГБ после ONA. ONA не будучи хороший товарищ
Нет потребности для КГБ. GDR Stasi воли взятия внимательности этого из для нас.
Да, это хороший план товарищ. Они будут делать хорошую работу с этим.
Те мальчики умеют как о процессе противницы славный социалистическая революция.
мы должны распространить революцию по всем интернете
Да, это верно , товарищ .Oy vey iz mir.

W2NAP
12-10-2014, 10:00 PM

FCC issues the call signs, They can refuse to give you a requested vanity call if they feel like it.

W3WN
12-12-2014, 03:31 PM
What law would that be? It's unavailable because the fcc refuses to issue it, even though it's "available" or meets the conditions of what we know to be available.Might not be a law. Might be FCC policy.

Since the legal issues with Mr. Baxter aren't over yet... they haven't collected a dime of the fine yet, for one thing... one could make the argument that so long as there's a single, technically possible chance that some federal jurist will overturn some or all of the whole mess, and order the FCC to grant Mr. Baxter his renewal & give him his call back... the K1MAN call may be unavailable for assignment.

kd6nig
12-12-2014, 03:32 PM
A local club uses K6MAN.

The first time I heard the repeater ID with it, I had to do a doubletake.

Its appropriate for them though since its the Manteca, CA radio club....

NQ6U
12-12-2014, 03:34 PM
A local club uses K6MAN.

The first time I heard the repeater ID with it, I had to do a doubletake.

Its appropriate for them though since its the Manteca, CA radio club....

I always liked that name—literally, Lard, California.

kd6nig
12-12-2014, 03:36 PM
I always liked that name—literally, Lard, California.

There is a RV place there that does ads on the radio and they yell "MANTECA!" at the end of it.

I wonder how much of the local population looks at each other and wonders why they are yelling LARD!

W7XF
12-12-2014, 11:05 PM
There is a RV place there that does ads on the radio and they yell "MANTECA!" at the end of it.

I wonder how much of the local population looks at each other and wonders why they are yelling LARD!
Maybe because Gov. TonzO'Fun should move there when he's impeached.

KØWVM
12-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Hmmm... The thought of being extremely spiteful for being on his 'Nazi/Nerd' list years ago under my old call and changing my current call to that is tempting. But... No! I wouldn't touch it with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole! I was on that list because I criticised Baxter's actions and hurt his feelings in a forum discussion about him and his on-the-air antics... Hence why I was put on his Nazi, er, Nerd list...

Besides, it would be nearly criminal to leave my current call and pollute myself with that garbage. It can die a slow proverbial death of being a forgotten relic.