PDA

View Full Version : We had a tornado..

W2NAP
06-19-2014, 03:59 PM
yep. about a hour ago we had a tornado..

http://www.wthr.com/story/25822595/2014/06/19/possible-tornado-touchdowns-in-anderson-markleville

Not sure exactly but we may of had 2 going at the same time.. if not one formed then died and another formed a little farther south.

as far as I know no damage no injury. so thats a good thing.

other problem is the rain.. got a lot of flooding going on.

N2NH
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Thankfully you are aright and it seems you were relatively unaffected. Sorry to hear life got that interesting. It's not fun when that happens.

PA5COR
06-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Stay safe bro....

W2NAP
06-19-2014, 06:22 PM
im fine, it seems nobody was hurt or property damaged. odd since we wasn't supposed to have any of this kind of stuff today.. it was to happen yesterday...

damn weather people never knowing what is going on lol.

KG4CGC
06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Glad you're safe. Did you get any footage?
I know. It would be the LAST thing on my mind since I'm not historically suicidal.

K7SGJ
06-19-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm sure you had the presence of mind to grab your CB handheld as you dashed to the root cellar.

W2NAP
06-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Glad you're safe. Did you get any footage?
I know. It would be the LAST thing on my mind since I'm not historically suicidal.

I did not..

I'm sure you had the presence of mind to grab your CB handheld as you dashed to the root cellar.

nope no CB here. also no cellar.... if a tornado hits we aint got anywhere to hide in this place, its become klingon and scream "PERHAPS TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!"

n2ize
06-20-2014, 05:38 AM
im fine, it seems nobody was hurt or property damaged. odd since we wasn't supposed to have any of this kind of stuff today.. it was to happen yesterday...

damn weather people never knowing what is going on lol.

Like the night that they told us the threat of heavy thunderstorms was over at 5:00 pm. Then at around 10pm I notice constant flashing in the sky towards the west. It didn;t take long and we were being his with one hell of a storm. Fortunately no twister though even though the storm did have significant rotation.

N7YA
06-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Did you at least grab the orange vest and mesh trucker hat with your call on it??

NQ6U
06-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Did you at least grab the orange vest and mesh trucker hat with your call on it??

He didn't have enough time to get it out of the trunk of the old Crown Vic.

K7SGJ
06-20-2014, 10:16 AM

With the yellow twinkie lights?

W2NAP
06-20-2014, 02:30 PM

nope don't own any orange vests nor any hats with my call on it.

don't own a ford crown vic ether..

I have misplaced my Klingon bird of prey though..

K7SGJ
06-20-2014, 02:38 PM

don't own a ford crown vic ether..

I have misplaced my Klingon bird of prey though..

No worries. I'm sure someone around here can come up with a bird for you.

N7YA
06-20-2014, 04:42 PM

Well damn! I dont have one either...i somehow feel like we are missing out!