PDA

View Full Version : Manhattanhenge

W9JEF
06-08-2014, 11:53 AM
http://ppcdn.500px.org/36151244/a5830f7509c1d6d48b80e01b8f131050db2c505b/5.jpg

http://www.amnh.org/our-research/hayden-planetarium/resources/manhattanhenge

n2ize
06-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Yep, I have seen it first hand. It is a pretty sight.

NA4BH
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
I've witnessed it too, quite beautiful. What point are you trying to get across with your picture and a link, sans comment?

kb2vxa
06-09-2014, 02:05 AM
"Future anthropologists might conclude that, via the Sun, the people who called themselves Americans worshiped War and Baseball."
There's no "might" about it, they couldn't be more correct!

"...all you get is stalled traffic solar glare temporarily blinds drivers."
That applies to La La Land, but drivers here are blind day and night and the condition appears permanent.

While on the subject of Neil deGrasse Tyson, tonight's episode of COSMOS: A Space Oddity didn't have Major Tom all tangled up in greenie BS. A-firkin-mazing! I shut off the last two less than halfway through and almost didn't turn this one on, frankly I'm glad I watched what turned out excellent.

W9JEF
06-09-2014, 09:49 AM
I've witnessed it too, quite beautiful. What point are you trying to get across with your picture and a link, sans comment?

I thought the shared awesomeness would speak for itself.

I apologize for any inconvenience. ;)

n2ize
06-09-2014, 02:35 PM
"Future anthropologists might conclude that, via the Sun, the people who called themselves Americans worshiped War and Baseball."
There's no "might" about it, they couldn't be more correct!

"...all you get is stalled traffic solar glare temporarily blinds drivers."
That applies to La La Land, but drivers here are blind day and night and the condition appears permanent.

While on the subject of Neil deGrasse Tyson, tonight's episode of COSMOS: A Space Oddity didn't have Major Tom all tangled up in greenie BS. A-firkin-mazing! I shut off the last two less than halfway through and almost didn't turn this one on, frankly I'm glad I watched what turned out excellent.

What is "greenie" about science ? Where I draw the line with the greenies is when they make claims that are not supported by any scientific evidence. Greenpeace comes to mind. Just about anything I have heard from Neil deGrasse Tyson which might be construed as remotely "greenie" is usually backed by a preponderance of scientific evidence. Tyson generally does not make "greenie" claims unless they are supported by evidence.