PDA

View Full Version : ARRL Centennial challenge

KC2UGV
06-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I just looked, and it appears I have like 46 points. Anyone else checked the leaderboard for their score yet? I saw I worked 4 VE call signs.

NQ6U
06-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I just checked—I've got 0 points.

AE5CP
06-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I just checked—I've got 0 points.
We're tied!

KJ3N
06-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Not an ARRL member. Not on LoTW. Zero points.

I would have to GAF in the first place. The chances of that are the same as my score, zero.

K7SGJ
06-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm a little behind the Pope.

Oh.............wait...................I don't think little behind and Pope should be in the same sentence. Never mind.

NQ6U
06-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm a little behind the Pope.

Oh.............wait...................I don't think little behind and Pope should be in the same sentence. Never mind.

Watch it, heretic. Not only do I not go in for that kind of thing, I got all the cloistered poontang I can eat.

—Da Pope

W3WN
06-03-2014, 10:46 PM
I haven't checked my Centennial Points. I'm concentrating on the W1AW portable ops.

N7YA
06-04-2014, 12:39 AM
I have a few of the 'official' types, but im mostly concentrating on the W1AW stations. They have helped me fill in some states on the WARC bands.

Besides, its a challenge, i cant back away from that...Ah Kent Hep Masef!!

KC2UGV
06-04-2014, 05:52 AM
I haven't checked my Centennial Points. I'm concentrating on the W1AW portable ops.

I have a few of the 'official' types, but im mostly concentrating on the W1AW stations. They have helped me fill in some states on the WARC bands.

Besides, its a challenge, i cant back away from that...Ah Kent Hep Masef!!

I'm not even really "trying". Just playing radio. I stumbled onto it, and figured I'd check since I've been uploading to LoTW since QRZ is taking care of the shitty part of it.

wa6mhz
06-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I have to transcribe my paper log with dozens of W1AW/x contacts into it into a digital log and upload it to LOTW. Takes alotta time to type all that in. Tonight AL and LA are on as new states for the week, need to work those on SSB/CW/RTTY. I am worth 100pts if someone works me.

W3WN
06-04-2014, 09:50 AM
I have to transcribe my paper log with dozens of W1AW/x contacts into it into a digital log and upload it to LOTW. Takes alotta time to type all that in. Tonight AL and LA are on as new states for the week, need to work those on SSB/CW/RTTY. I am worth 100pts if someone works me.I still want to work you, points or no points.

There's a simple solution to you dilemma, Pat. It won't help with what you've already done, but it will help going forward...

Enter your log data in the computer as you work 'em. If you still want a hard copy, just print your log afterwards.

[ Hmmm... Reminds me, I haven't done a log printout for awhile... ]

Yes, this requires having a PC in the shack. If you don't have one dedicated for logging purposes, well, it can be arranged.

wa6mhz
06-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I just got a new Computer but don't have it fully implemented yet. It was supposed to do it all, and I have Ham Radio Deluxe on it which has a great logging program, just haven't figured it out yet. It has Win 8.1 and plenty of Horsepower, but I still rely on my WIN XP computer which runs my Signalink. Haven't gotten the new Timewave Navigator to work yet. Need someone to write a book "HAM RADIO DELUXE FOR DUMMIES!"