PDA

View Full Version : FB Has Got To Be The Worst

n2ize
05-15-2014, 06:47 AM
I think some of the dumbest miscreants live on Facebook. Intelligent people are definitely in a tiny minority there. I might go so far as to say that even people of modest or limited intelligence are in a minority there. Idiocy reigns supreme. FB makes that other place down the road look like scholars. I was browsing random comments and my face was starting to hurt from constantly hitting my face with the palm of my hand.:lol:

PA5COR
05-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Not doing Facebook, nor any othr "social" sites.
Not planning on leaving my markt permanently on those not so social sites...

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Check out the comments on Yahoo news stories sometime. You'll change your opinion about where the dumbest booger-eating morons hang out on the Internet in a heartbeat.

KJ3N
05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
I think some of the dumbest miscreants live on Facebook. Intelligent people are definitely in a tiny minority there. I might go so far as to say that even people of modest or limited intelligence are in a minority there. Idiocy reigns supreme. FB makes that other place down the road look like scholars.

For once, I have to agree with John.

Anyone who thinks The Derp is strong on places like eHam, Radio Reference, and QRZ, hasn't seen what goes on with the ham radio groups on FB.

I was browsing random comments and my face was starting to hurt from constantly hitting my face with the palm of my hand.:lol:

I've got lumps on my forehead from the repeated head-desks.... :wall:

W3WN
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
No problem.

I just stay away from Face(palm)Book.

KG4CGC
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Hello, Brother Ron. It's not that easy. FB will start your account for you.

KJ3N
05-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Hello, Brother Ron.

Hello?

Taco?

W3WN
05-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello, Brother Ron. It's not that easy. FB will start your account for you."Hello"?? What's next, are you going to start serving tacos at the bar? Using pink metal trays made from helicopters?

They can create an account. They can't force me to use it.

N2NH
05-15-2014, 11:27 AM
They just tricked me into opening my old account by posing it as my new account - which I haven't signed into for a month.

Yahoo groups have them beat as far as I know. The pic of President Obama with lipstick and the words "Putins Bitch?" That was from a Yahoo Amateur Radio Truckers group. I couldn't sign in to my old Yahoo account, so I disposed of them when they woudn't remove me as a member. My IQ went up 100 points.

W2NAP
05-15-2014, 11:43 AM
lots of trolling on yahoo.... major trolling when it comes to news or yahoo questions.

KG4CGC
05-15-2014, 02:29 PM
It warms my cockles knowing that rightwingers support a Soviet KGB operative over their own country.

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
It warms my cockles knowing that rightwingers support a Soviet KGB operative over their own country.

I love warm cockles.

http://afishblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cockles-recipe.JPG

Republicans, not so much.

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 05:34 PM
I love warm cockles.

http://afishblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cockles-recipe.JPG

Republicans, not so much.

I hate it when my cockles get cold.

N7YA
05-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Check out the comments on Yahoo news stories sometime. You'll change your opinion about where the dumbest booger-eating morons hang out on the Internet in a heartbeat.

Yep. The Yahoo comments section are basically all kneejerk, mouth breathers from the far right fringes. They only respond to catch phrases and certain names like 'Obama', 'Pelosi', 'Reid', 'Benghazi' and 'Liberal'...which apparently, is a name now. I just dont read the comments...hell, i rarely read the articles as most are skewed to gain the maximum hits in the comments section anyway. They know who reads it, they know what kind of low IQ reaction they will get, they know the hit count will be in the thousands by the end of the day, and then they can hit up the advertisers for more money as a result. Gotta love cheap business.

As for FB, i only sign up for certain pages that make me happy and dont raise my blood pressure, that also goes for my friends list. Im not there to upset myself. If someone is an asshole, i have no issue with removing them immediately. My pride wont be hurt as i dont feel the need to justify my decision, i simply dont care. Others, i know them personally but dont agree with them, i just hide them from my feed so i can still see them at parties and shows without running the other way from them because, you know, people only act like that online. :lol:

W5BRM
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I used to have a FB page but got tired of all my "friends" pushing the same agenda day after day after day, ad infinitum ad nauseum. Only need to tell me once then move on. Most of those wanting to be my "friend" only posted about their sexual preference or political beliefs and thats IT. No variation or depth to thier postings. To me FB is about nothing but pushing whatever agenda happens to be of interest. if FB is to be a gauge of society, then society is very very disturbed...lol

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
I never did get into the Social Network scene. Hell, I've never been in any kind of a social situation. I'm just an old, unsociable, bastid, that only comes out of the cave to look for bushtits.

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I never did get into the Social Network scene. Hell, I've never been in any kind of a social situation. I'm just an old, unsociable, bastid, that only comes out of the cave to look for bushtits.

One has no need to look for Bushtits. Bushtits will come to you, and knock on your window with their pointy little beaks.

I can say no more.

K0RGR
05-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Half of my family communicates exclusively through Facebook. My daughter lived there until she figured out that her dad could see what was posted there. A lot of male admirers posted things on her wall that were crude at best. I saw one chap that posted something that said " I would like to dedicate this boner to you". She did tell me about the video someone sent her of a smurf giving a blow job - I don't think it occurred to her that since she's only 4'10" tall, the smurf wasn't just a cartoon character. After those two, she hardly ever posts anything on FB. I understand she and her friends use something called 'Snapchat' now.

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
One has no need to look for Bushtits. Bushtits will come to you, and knock on your window with their pointy little beaks.

I can say no more.

We only have solid rock windows in the cave, and if they tried pecking on them, they would break their little peckers off.

And as you know, there is nothing more pathetic than a bushtit with a broken pecker.

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Never underestimate the power of a Bushtit's pecker.

I can say no more.

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 07:45 PM

I can say no more.

You've said it all.

By the way, there is a device for carrying bushtits in that condition. I saw an ad on Craigslist for pecker stretchers the other day. Who Gnu?

n2ize
05-17-2014, 01:06 AM
No problem.

I just stay away from Face(palm)Book.

In my opinion FB does have a few good points. I use it primarily to keep in contact with people I know personally and/or ol acquaintances from decades ago and even from childhood. I also use it to keep in touch with my orchestra (they have a FB page) and for keeping in touch with some of our members as well as to post some of our concerts and events. . There are also a few good pages relating to my local neighborhood and my old neighborhoods as well as the schools I went to when I was growing up and also my college alumni. I seldom spend much time on there and I usually only log on once a day just to check for any messages left for me.

kb2vxa
05-18-2014, 01:23 AM
"I think some of the dumbest miscreants live on Facebook."

Oh, you just noticed that? I thought you're a little slow, but REALLY?

n2ize
05-19-2014, 01:14 AM
"I think some of the dumbest miscreants live on Facebook."

Oh, you just noticed that? I thought you're a little slow, but REALLY?

No, i didn't "just notice it".

KØWVM
05-19-2014, 01:33 AM
My cousin and a few other female friends seem to load down on the selfie pics... A... Whole... Friggin'... Lot... Then they post 'smooch their dude' pics and talk about how they just enjoy spending time with their men. Roll my eyes and do the FB version of "spinning the knob".

kb2vxa
05-19-2014, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't know about that, I've never so much as looked at any attention whore or child molester sites. I have better things to waste my time, like hanging out here.

N2NH
05-19-2014, 07:36 PM

I can say no more.

You've said it all.

By the way, there is a device for carrying bushtits in that condition. I saw an ad on Craigslist for pecker stretchers the other day. Who Gnu?

http://youtu.be/9CdVTCDdEwI

[rimshot] Goodnight folks!

n2ize
05-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Actually thats not a rimshot.

N7YA
05-20-2014, 03:42 AM

Those cost extra.

N2NH
05-20-2014, 07:33 AM