PDA

View Full Version : I have to tell you. I have a new respect for cats.

K7SGJ
05-14-2014, 07:14 PM
For as long as I can remember, we have always had dogs in the house. Several years ago, we decided to adopt a kitten, and the thing turned out to be a real hoot, and a lot of fun. Even the dogs had a hell of a time playing together with the little fur ball. Unfortunately, my wife discovered she is deathly allergic to cats, so reluctantly, and with great sadness, we had to give him up to another family. Maybe some day, we can have another.

At any rate, I know a lot of the folks on here have cats, and when I saw this on the news, I was amazed, and thought you would enjoy seeing it. The boy in the video had 11 stitches, and the dog in the video is to be euthanized. Apparently, this is a case of the dog getting out of a fenced back yard, but there are a lot of irresponsible dog owners that let their dogs roam free, but that's another discussion.

Now for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t197zczkJM

NA4BH
05-14-2014, 07:54 PM
That cat went Tonya Harding on that dog.

KG4CGC
05-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Cats are our friends.

kb2vxa
05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
I saw that as a sidebar in the California wildfires article, a fearless kitteh protecting his pet human. My Jewish kitteh, Sam "Noshville" Katz was as fearless and victorious as any general of a Biblical Hebrew army attacking any foreigner daring to trespass on his territory when he wasn't running his Kosher deli, the only one in town. (It's not like yer in Brooklyn.) Never underestimate that cuddly ball of fur purring on your lap licking your hand with that "How 'bout a half sour pickle or a bagel with cream cheese?" look in his eye, they can get pretty nasty when they take a walk on the wild side and the colored girls sing E E E, E I E, E E E, E I E.............. <groan>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMN4cZisSGw

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Cattitude. She's got it.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/797182720/hABDE2901/

PA5COR
05-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Good for the cat ;)
I took in a wounded cat, both legs were broken and were set 1/2 way between walking and sitting, so he still could do both.
Happened 25 years back, nobody wanted it, so i took it in.
( yep i know i'm a softy) that one loved me to bits, sat on my shoulder when i walked to the grocery shop nearby and acted more like a dog.
Always looked for trouble, beat up every cat that dared to come on my ground and attacked the biggest dogs as well.
The front legs were exceptionally strong because he did most with them, not able to jump on the granite sink? just put your nails in the granite sinktop and pull your self up was hiis normal doing.

He drove the cat/dog in a corner, sat down and took them apart with his frontlegs and nails.... till i saved the poor buggers..
After 18 good years he had to be euthanised, still miss him..... a least he had a good life here.

W9JEF
05-15-2014, 09:26 AM

I periodically mark the "bulletin boards" in our yard.
The neighbors' dogs all seem to get the message. ;)

N2NH
05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Saw that on the news last night. Great cat. I still miss mine and hope to be in a place that allows cats soon.

W9JEF
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Saw that on the news last night. Great cat. I still miss mine and hope to be in a place that allows cats soon.

They don't allow cats in the CATskills???

WA7PBE
05-15-2014, 01:03 PM
if you don't like roaming dogs don't go to far eastern Europe, just saying its hard to run from a dog and keep the beer in the bottle.

KØWVM
05-15-2014, 01:19 PM
If it were me as the parent and I see that dog get near my kids like that again, it won't have to worry about a cat. It might have a slug or two... Just sayin' I know that may sound cruel, but I will protect my kids.

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 01:27 PM
I see that dog get near my kids like that again and it won't have to worry about a cat. It might have a slug or two... Just sayin' I know that may sound cruel, but I will protect my kids.

I'm a major lover of all animals, and I agree with you. But it would have to be a clear shot without endangering the kid or the neighbors, and it looks like that wouldn't be the case in that neighborhood. But I'm sure a better opportunity could be arranged. Either way, the county wouldn't be burdened with the trouble of euthanizing the dog, just the disposal of the carcass.

KØWVM
05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm a major lover of all animals, and I agree with you. But it would have to be a clear shot without endangering the kid or the neighbors, and it looks like that wouldn't be the case in that neighborhood. But I'm sure a better opportunity could be arranged. Either way, the county wouldn't be burdened with the trouble of euthanizing the dog, just the disposal of the carcass.

You are correct, I would have to have a clear shot of opportunity and not if my kid is in the fatal funnel. Pepper or bear spray might work if I was able to intercept it before it got to my kid.

This video is very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARtDI7Ggd_g

N2CHX
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Video has been removed by the user... :(

K7SGJ
05-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Video has been removed by the user... :(

Well, that's a pisser. I wonder if it is because of legal ramifications? As in.................a pending lawsuit?

NQ6U
05-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Well, that's a pisser. I wonder if it is because of legal ramifications? As in.................a pending lawsuit?

Probably copyright issues. The family of the kid has their own version of the video up on YouTube and the TV station appears to have copied it.

Here's the original. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFb2PMFuNIw)

W7XF
05-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Kitteh Pwned Puppeh!!

NA4BH
05-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Is it just me or did anyone else notice that you can see the woman's butt crack when she bends over.

K7SGJ
05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Is it just me or did anyone else notice that you can see the woman's butt crack when she bends over.

Here's the deal. There is a little kid quietly playing on his tricycle. And then the poor child is attacked, and almost gets his leg ripped off by a vicious dog. Then, of all things, a common house cat comes to the rescue, and saves the child's leg, if not his life. Closely followed by the frantic mother running over to the child in an absolute panic, only to see her little boy on the ground, with blood running out of two gashes caused by this evil dog.

And what makes an impression on you? Her butt crack. Damn.............................and if you missed it, she was cute as hell and had nice tits, too.