PDA

View Full Version : 15 Things Americans Think About Britain

HUGH
05-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Just so as you know what to expect:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/slideshow_12338733_things-american-completely-wrong-britain.html#pg=1

koØm
05-10-2014, 03:46 PM

WA7PBE
05-10-2014, 03:53 PM
so what your telling me is that they all do drive around small cars, drink tea, have an alcohol problem, and think they still rule the world. Thanks for clarifying that ;)

wa6mhz
05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
The main meal of most UK residents is FISH and CHIPS!!! THEY only eat it on NEWSPAPER and absolutely DROWN IT IN MALT VINEGAR ( I know I sure do, at LONG JOHN SILVERS!) But I rarely go there. It is way too pricey!!! Around $7 for a Fish & Chip meal!

W7XF
05-10-2014, 04:39 PM
And you drive on the wrong side of the street!!!!!!

VE7DCW
05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Well,this link got me into thinking that next time the Canadian maple syrup and the back bacon jokes cycle up I can help provide with new material.......

Almost accurate to a tee..... but I'll put my official :agree: to it!

http://durtydan.paintballresource.org/www.durtydan.com/ddcc/50things.html

:mrgreen:

WA7PBE
05-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Well,this link got me into thinking that next time the Canadian maple syrup and the back bacon jokes cycle up I can help provide with new material.......

Almost accurate to a tee..... but I'll put my official :agree: to it!

http://durtydan.paintballresource.org/www.durtydan.com/ddcc/50things.html

:mrgreen:
BS my wife is candida by descent and she knows oh Canada and knows a Canadian in Canada lol

W9JEF
05-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Just so as you know what to expect:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/slideshow_12338733_things-american-completely-wrong-britain.html#pg=1

Do you have "Bobbies on bicycles, two by two, Westminster Abby,
Tower of Big Ben, and the rosy red cheeks of the little children?"

VE7MGF
05-10-2014, 09:36 PM
my condolences to your wife on her condition candida seems to be a disgusting condition to suffer from

NA4BH
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
BS my wife is candida by descent and she knows oh Canada and knows a Canadian in Canada lol

They have medication for that.

K7SGJ
05-10-2014, 11:07 PM
They have medication for that.

That's the good news. The bad news is, it only come in suppositories.

NA4BH
05-10-2014, 11:11 PM
England/Britain/London:

This place was the ultimate best vacation (holiday for the uncleansed) that we ever embarked on. The people were the more than friendly/helpful. The food was great. The weather was not foggy or rainy, chilly but none of the previous mentioned conditions. My son and I went into a local pub for a beer, the locals were watching NASCAR, the other TV's were showing a cricket match (which we were watching). The barkeep asked us for our order, we asked him to explain cricket to us. As he handed us our beers, he said he would explain cricket to us if we explained NASCAR to them. I never could figure out how he thought we weren't locals. I would go back there in a heart beat.

NQ6U
05-10-2014, 11:47 PM
I thought London was the capital of Paris...

KG4CGC
05-11-2014, 02:39 AM
That's the good news. The bad news is, it only come in suppositories.

It's called a bolus and it fits in the

W7XF
05-11-2014, 02:42 AM
The reason Brits drink warm beer:

n0iu
05-11-2014, 09:05 AM
England/Britain/London:

The food was great.

Are you sure this was the England you visited?

http://0.tqn.com/d/goeurope/1/0/N/8/2/england-attractions-map.png

N2NH
05-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Blackpool Manchester and Liverpool would be on my list too. Blackpool for the British version of Coney Island, Manchester to visit the family and Liverpool to renew my Scouse creds. ;)

HUGH
05-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Do you have "Bobbies on bicycles, two by two, Westminster Abby,
Tower of Big Ben, and the rosy red cheeks of the little children?"

The "Bobbies" all have cars and most of the kids are gaunt and hollow-eyed from being indoors all the time, playing on their computers and other gadgets. But there again, am I being cynical?

HUGH
05-12-2014, 02:58 PM
England/Britain/London:

This place was the ultimate best vacation (holiday for the uncleansed) that we ever embarked on. The people were the more than friendly/helpful. The food was great. The weather was not foggy or rainy, chilly but none of the previous mentioned conditions. My son and I went into a local pub for a beer, the locals were watching NASCAR, the other TV's were showing a cricket match (which we were watching). The barkeep asked us for our order, we asked him to explain cricket to us. As he handed us our beers, he said he would explain cricket to us if we explained NASCAR to them. I never could figure out how he thought we weren't locals. I would go back there in a heart beat.

I think many people are pleased you bother to get around a bit and meet the natives rather than hiding away on a bus tour with an annoying guide person. We always get about in the US but never mistaken for locals

I just thought, can you imagine the reaction if I posted URL this on the "Z"? Probably some flaming from a red-neck neo-nazi?

NQ6U
05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
What is there to explain about NASCAR? It's just "Go real fast, then turn left."