PDA

View Full Version : April Concert Picture

n2ize
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Since there haven't been many posts to the "Artists Guild" lately I figured I's post a fairly recent picture of me performing at out April 10, 2014 Spring Concert. Any closer and you could see my eardum...LOL...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/p235x350/1902889_621742377896389_2839390486456421224_n.jpg

More info can be obtained at http://www.newwestchestersymphony.org.

Ther are also more pics on out facebook page.

KG4CGC
05-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Does this Stradivarius make me look fat?

I'M KIDDING! I'M KIDDING!

suddenseer
05-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Our local 'cotton eyed joe' fiddler was 140 pounds 6 ft 0 . As he got into middle age, he developed a turkey jaw. A bunch of loose skin that plastic surgery, or mouth exercises will fix. When he played the fiddle, he appeared to have a double chin. John is a BIG man! I saw his earlier shots of him playing the fiddle. I thought he was playing a kid's 3/4 size fiddle because his hands almost buried the fiddle from view. It turned out he plays a full size, so John has NFL sized hands. They can easily crush a windpipe while holding the victim with only one hand. I don't want him mad at me, just sayin.

NQ6U
05-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Who plays first banjo in your orchestra, John?

n2ize
05-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Who plays first banjo in your orchestra, John?

Wrong part of the country. For that you got to go to the part of the country where they play both kinds of music... Country and Western. :lol:

HUGH
05-10-2014, 03:21 PM
You are concentrating which makes you look serious!

n2ize
05-10-2014, 08:12 PM
You are concentrating which makes you look serious!

I'm always in an intense state of concentration when I play. Between simultaneously giving very careful attention to the conductor and the sheet music I need to apply total concentration. The way I see it, better being in a state of concentration rather than a state of constipation... :lol:

NA4BH
05-10-2014, 10:59 PM
In the picture I see a couple of "F holes", and one "Pie hole". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

n2ize
05-13-2014, 04:17 AM
F-holes... I thought those were integral signs.. Well at least the f-holes are open and the pie hole is shut. Let's not get into A-holes... :)

KG4CGC
05-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Yeah, I'm actually jealous.

n2ize
05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Does this Stradivarius make me look fat?

I'M KIDDING! I'M KIDDING!

No need to say you are kidding. I Am Fat !!! Well, I have been reducing poundage little by little but I still have a good ways to go. A year ago i lost a lot of weight. Now it is happening in gradual increments. the good part is that it is going down not up. Pretty soon that Strad will look like a full bass fiddle. compared to me... Well, maybe not a bass but perhaps a viola. BTW when I was 14 I was madly in love with a Viola.

KG4CGC
05-19-2014, 08:25 PM
I used to know a Viola.

KC2UGV
05-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Now, is your instrument known as a fat bottom girl?

Bubba
05-20-2014, 06:45 AM
I used to know a Viola.

I think you need to loose the Buddha gig. It's kind of insulting really..

koØm
05-20-2014, 08:00 AM

When the party was nice, the party was bumpin' {Hey, Yippie, Yi, Yo}
And everybody havin' a ball {Hah, ho, Yippie Yi Yo}
Until the fellas ": start the name callin': " {Yippie Yi Yo}
And the girls respond to the call
I heard a poor man shout out

[Chorus:]
Who let the dogs out {woof, woof, woof, woof}

[Rap 1:]
I see ya' little speed boat head up our coast
She really want to skip town
Get back cruffy, back scruffy,
Get back u flea infested mongrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sLR0vgpeWI

W3WN
05-20-2014, 09:04 AM
I think you need to loose the Buddha gig. It's kind of insulting really..Nah. It's merely Zen.

K7SGJ
05-20-2014, 09:10 AM

This isn't the zed. The atmosphere is a lot more liberal here. Or simply put, no one really gives a shit, well almost no one..

NQ6U
05-20-2014, 09:36 AM

You don't like it? Well, you know where the door is, Mr. QRZ Moderator. Don't let it hit you on the ass on your way out.

Oh, and by the way, that ain't the Buddha, it's the Dali Lama.

KC2UGV
05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Oh, and by the way, that ain't the Buddha, it's the Dali Lama.

I suppose I can let the mistake slide, since not everyone was as fortunate as myself to actually meet him in person (Well, shake his hand) when he visited SUNY@Buffalo.

KA9MOT
05-20-2014, 10:25 AM

WOW! That's all I can say, except........

Hello

KG4CGC
05-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Yep, I'm a pretty crabby kind of guy, huh?

n2ize
05-20-2014, 09:01 PM

Hmmmm.... I was never insulted by it.

NQ6U
05-20-2014, 09:17 PM
WOW! That's all I can say, except........

Hello

You could say...BUSHTIT.

K7SGJ
05-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Then you will have said it all.

NA4BH
05-20-2014, 10:32 PM
I was gonna answer, but it's all been said.

K7SGJ
05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Then STFU :stickpoke::stickpoke:

KA9MOT
05-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Then STFU :stickpoke::stickpoke:

STFU? Still Trying to Find a Unicorn?

KG4CGC
05-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Jeezuz Bubber. You had to go take a dump on John's thread.

Anyway, John? As you were saying ...

KA9MOT
05-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Let's not get into A-holes... :)

You already covered that one with this one.

a state of constipation... :lol:

I noticed you look nothing like your avatar.......

n2ize
05-21-2014, 03:04 AM

What brought this on ?

n2ize
05-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Jeezuz Bubber. You had to go take a dump on John's thread.

Anyway, John? As you were saying ...

Well, we have a small concert coming up soon. Very close to where I live too. Close enough to walk to.

Bubba
05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Lol..

Hello.

You be some real sensitive types here. Wow, no joking around here I take it, everyone with their panty in a very tight wad. And relax BSO, no need to be so angry its not good for the soul.

Thank you.

Bubba
05-21-2014, 09:47 PM
For everyone that lacks a sense of humor, I guess everyone, from reading all the nice post. I will simply say I was making a joke with the Bartender. I was making a play on words, Buddha, Bubba, get it. My dog Bubba the Buddha, anyway, forget about it, nobody got it, obviously a bad joke lol.... Everyone gets so angry and sensitive here. I even got pm's for this, WTF. Anyway, I will refrain and not attempt to be humorous, I promise. No more jokes from Bubbha about Buddha. Or Buddha Bubba, The Bubba Buddha. The Bubbudha.

KA9MOT
05-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Lol..

Hello.

And relax BSO, no need to be so angry its not good for the soul.

Thank you.

BSO is the Pope. EVERYBODY knows the Pope has no SOUL! :lol: Eh, then again... the new one seems to be pretty cool....

KA9MOT
05-21-2014, 09:49 PM
For everyone that lacks a sense of humor, I guess everyone, from reading all the nice post. I will simply say I was making a joke with the Bartender. I was making a play on words, Buddha, Bubba, get it. My dog Bubba the Buddha, anyway, forget about it, nobody got it, obviously a bad joke lol.... Everyone gets so angry and sensitive here. I even got pm's for this, WTF. Anyway, I will refrain and not attempt to be humorous, I promise. No more jokes from Bubbha about Buddha. Or Buddha Bubba, The Bubba Buddha. The Bubbudha.

Next time try: :lol: :rofl: :cool2::etc......

Never mind that last one... it is for after sex and I don't think anybody here wants to give you any. :rofl:

NQ6U
05-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Lol..

Hello.

You be some real sensitive types here. Wow, no joking around here I take it, everyone with their panty in a very tight wad. And relax BSO, no need to be so angry its not good for the soul.

Thank you.

Your excuse doesn't wash with me. Why don't you go hang out on the Zed? It's more your sort of place, Mr. Moderator.

WØTKX
05-21-2014, 10:40 PM
http://typographusnonconfessionalis.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/dxioaf.jpg

http://youtu.be/ibEyHJ8gQG0

http://youtu.be/ibEyHJ8gQG0

K7SGJ
05-21-2014, 10:49 PM
The back-peddling is strong in this one.

KG4CGC
05-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Lol..

Hello.

Thank you.And.

Sorry. No sale. Some would say try harder. For you, try better. If you try harder, it will just be more of the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOEVQoXK9E

koØm
05-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Your excuse doesn't wash with me. Why don't you go hang out on the Zed? It's more your sort of place, Mr. Moderator.

Yes, I concur,
:sadgoodbye:
Booba should Dog-paddle back to the mainland with God's speed; Phreddie is just towelling off and is looking for a fresh Jockstrap / Thong to slip into.

Bubba
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Bubba doesn't backpedal. The Pope's anger over moderation is indeed perplexing. and revealing. lol. Anyway, its funny to watch the sensitives get all angry and ugly for no reason other than a lame ass joke. Why else would I just say that about the Buddha for no other reason, and what's with the Barkeeps pent up sensitivity ? If my joke rubbed you wrong, maybe it was because you were stepping on my tail, I don't know. Obviously no sense of humor here. Whatever,.. It says a lot about the individuals indeed.

n2ize
05-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Bubba doesn't backpedal. The Pope's anger over moderation is indeed perplexing. and revealing. lol. Anyway, its funny to watch the sensitives get all angry and ugly for no reason other than a lame ass joke. Why else would I just say that about the Buddha for no other reason, and what's with the Barkeeps pent up sensitivity ? If my joke rubbed you wrong, maybe it was because you were stepping on my tail, I don't know. Obviously no sense of humor here. Whatever,.. It says a lot about the individuals indeed.

:sleep: :sleep:

KG4CGC
05-22-2014, 08:34 PM

Projection much?

Bubba
05-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Mmmmm. No , just relaxing.

HUGH
05-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Reverting to the subject John, it may make sense to have a little chin "padding" to render the violin more comfortable. I don't recall seeing any bearded violinsts but then I haven't looked very hard.

For a contrast, here's Alison Balsam, a celebrated British trumpet player. Actually she can get music out of a road-cone but she doesn't look like a typical brass player (whatever they look like):

KC2UGV
05-24-2014, 06:49 PM
I always used a bit of sponge on the chin rest. Never had a violin long enough for the rest to start conforming to my chin.

K7SGJ
05-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Reverting to the subject John, it may make sense to have a little chin "padding" to render the violin more comfortable. I don't recall seeing any bearded violinsts but then I haven't looked very hard.

For a contrast, here's Alison Balsam, a celebrated British trumpet player. Actually she can get music out of a road-cone but she doesn't look like a typical brass player (whatever they look like):

Here's one with a beard:

KA9MOT
05-24-2014, 11:04 PM

WOW! Thanks, I needed that! :)

NQ6U
05-25-2014, 11:49 AM
She blows a mean sackbut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackbut), too.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Alison+Balsom+Shakespeare+Globe+Press+Launch+JeLgq btoJ-Al.jpg

n2ize
05-25-2014, 02:24 PM

I am one of the only people in my orchestra who doesn't use a shoulder rest. I may eventually start using one. Yes, some players do use padding on the chin rest. In fact, they sell a gel-pad specifically designed to attach to most chin rest. You want as much support as you can get between the collar bone and the chin rest. In fact you should be able to hold the violin comfortable with no hands and just the pressure exerted between the collar bone and the chin. This allowed for increased flexibility and mobility of the fingers. As for me I am planning to get a new chin rest. I tend to hold the violin with the center of my chin over the violins tailpiece. Thus it would be more comfortable for me if I had a larger chin rest that extends over the tailpiece. There are several chin rest models available that I am looking at that would provide just what I am looking for. The hardest decision is deciding whether I want to get it in rosewood or ebony. The rosewood looks classy but the ebony adds a nice contrast.

BTW many violinists experiment with several different chin rests before they find the one they are most comfortable with. Finding a comfortable chin rest is not as easy as many may think.

HUGH
05-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Thank you John for the info and now here's the lady with a Vazuva:

But here's one to have a go at:

And here's a home-made one which does look feasible:

n2ize
05-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Naked violinist arrested ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/naked-violinist-arrested-front-portland-courthouse-article-1.1804592 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/naked-violinist-arrested-front-portland-courthouse-article-1.1804592)

n2ize
05-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Should a gentleman offer a Tiparillo to a violinist ?

http://www.refinedguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/9-tiparillo-cigarettes-ad-naked-woman-violinist.jpg

K7SGJ
05-25-2014, 07:39 PM
And here's a home-made one which does look feasible:

We used to smoke dope out of something like that. The secret was suck, don't blow, which as you know, was the mantra many of us learned to live by.