PDA

View Full Version : Teen stowaway in aircraft landing gear makes it to Hawaii

W9JEF
04-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Lucky he didn't get crushed or freeze to death.

The boy landed in Maui on Sunday and told authorities he ran away from home
in Santa Clara, California. He didn't have any ID; all he had was a comb.

The boy told investigators he crawled into the wheel well of the plane
and lost consciousness when the plane took off.

An hour after the plane landed at Kahului Airport,
the boy regained consciousness and was captured
on security footage crawling out of the left main
gear area of the plane.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140421182625-tsr-dnt-todd-teen-plane-stowaway-00000026-story-body.jpg
How could stowaway get inside wheel well?

Officials at Kahului said they were re-examining
their safety protocols to avoid a repeat.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/22/travel/plane-stowaway-security/

PA5COR
04-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Someone will lose his job about jumbled security me thinks...

AC8KF WALT
04-22-2014, 11:10 AM
all the while the tsa was digging through a diaper from a old man in a wheel chair, ripping open a kids teddy bear and touching a ten year old girl in all the wrong places. yeah, i feel safe now.

Bubba
04-22-2014, 02:53 PM
The lady explaining herself for the security breech was ridiculous. Like , it's not our fault, we had too much fence line to patrol. WTF.. And the TSA were too busy molesting passengers in good standing to see someone walk up and climb in the airplane...

kb2vxa
04-22-2014, 04:49 PM
"Clearly there's a big security breach here, which in the post-9/11 world order is a concern."

Clearly there's a big security breach here, which in the post-1984 New World Order is Big Brother's concern.

W9JEF
04-23-2014, 09:18 AM

Back in 1959, Alameda NAS was home port for the Hancock.
Weeknights, we had "Cinderella liberty," so if we got back a little late,
there was a way to sneak back on base, bypassing the main gate.
A back road offered access through a runway, and the blue lights
would guide your car back in, undetected by "security." :)

N2NH
04-23-2014, 02:26 PM
It figures that it would take an idiot to figure a way around idiotic security measures.

The guy has a fight with his family. Decides he wants to go to Africa (a continent) and look up his relatives, so he goes to the airport, jumps a fence, goes to a plane marked "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES" which to him looked like a place in Africa, why not? Jumps in the wheel-well, gets oxygen deprived, blacks out for 5 or so hours, takes a chance of permanent skin, nerve and brain damage or falling out of the wheel-well at altitude, lands and debarks without missing a beat.

Seems to be his preferred way of traveling. Maybe he should make the return trip the same way?

AC8KF WALT
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
none of it is about security. it's about selling security.

WA7PBE
04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
hey at least this kid can climb everest with no oxygen mask lol. jk

WA7PBE
04-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Back in 1959, Alameda NAS was home port for the Hancock.
Weeknights, we had "Cinderella liberty," so if we got back a little late,
there was a way to sneak back on base, bypassing the main gate.
A back road offered access through a runway, and the blue lights
would guide your car back in, undetected by "security." :)
As a current guy in the navy good luck nowadays...Cameras everywhere on every base, you cant smoke a cigarette without someone in a room knowing about it...

kb2vxa
04-24-2014, 09:13 AM
"...or falling out of the wheel-well at altitude..."
It's impossible to fall out with the wheel retracted and the door closed, but to the real point of this whole misadventure.

"Cameras everywhere on every base, you cant smoke a cigarette without someone in a room knowing about it."
That's exactly the case here with the kid showing up on video... twice in different locations. OK, who was sitting in security and supposed to be watching the monitors?

I lost my job today:
https://www.google.com/search?q=i+lost+my+job+today&client=firefox-a&hs=2ig&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QBtZU5y9KsrgsASCpIH4Ag&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1787&bih=832&dpr=0.9

WA7PBE
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
well thats part of the problem, its usually 1 or 2 people trying to watch far to many cameras. Instead of putting them where there actually needed they put them in places that really don't matter.

W7XF
04-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Yeah...who needs a camera watching the septic tank??

kb2vxa
04-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Someone who wants to see The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank without renting the movie.

PA5COR
04-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Good they don't use smell o vision.......;)

W9JEF
04-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Good they don't use smell o vision.......;)

http://www.gardeningoncloud9.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/charcoal_cartoon_01.jpg

XE1/N5AL
04-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Don't the airlines have an up-charge for passengers reserving wheel well seats?

HUGH
04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Occasionally a frozen Indian is found in the road or a garden under the flight path to Heathrow. It doesn't make the news but security at India's airports is quite tight, it requires bribery instead to gain illicit entry.

kb2vxa
04-27-2014, 06:35 PM
So they pay to be frozen and dropped off in England? Stupid Indians.