PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with this restaurant?

KØWVM
04-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Awesome commercial video and hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_n7BAZwNi4

NQ6U
04-20-2014, 01:28 PM
That's hilarious!

Wienerchsnitzel is a chain of hot dog stands here on the Left Coast. I haven't been to one in years but, IIRC, the dogs weren't bad.

KG4CGC
04-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Hotdog restaurants were supposed to be the next big thing going back 15 years ago. Many an entrepreneur opened up a specialty hotdog place.
The last one closed down last year.

NA4BH
04-20-2014, 08:53 PM
We had "Sneaky Pete's" around here, good hotdog but like Starbucks it was overpriced.

W5BRM
04-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Back in the early 90's I had a friend who ran a Hot Dog truck in Oneonta NY. Sold Sabrett hot dogs exclusively. He made a KILLING every weekend because Oneonta has 2 colleges which serve NYC students. Right after school would start, the kids would be downtown and see a sabrett truck and just go INSANE because they didnt think they would ever see one of those until they went back home at holiday. He would make $3g a weekend or more if it was a long weekend.

Once in a while, I would help him servin up Sabretts if he was getting crushed. I developed a SERIOUS love affair with Sabrett hot dogs due to that. Gimme a Sabrett dog with red onion sauce relish and cheese and id be happy for about 4 minutes then I'd need another one to stop the Sabrett addiction DT's lol. I could massacre one in a single bite...lol I used to drive a public transit bus those weekend evenings and after I got done with my shift at 3am Sunday mornings, Reggie and I would drive to NJ and pick up the next weeks stock of dogs. ALways had fun on those trips!...lol

AC8KF WALT
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
wife and inlaw ran one for a while. cleared 300 bucks cash a day and their location sucked!

N2NH
04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Loved the commercial. Hot dogs at $3K? Better than getting a degree. And yes, Sabretts is the best. (2nd Place shared by Boars Head and Nathan's).

W7XF
04-21-2014, 06:25 PM
That's hilarious!

Wienerchsnitzel is a chain of hot dog stands here on the Left Coast. I haven't been to one in years but, IIRC, the dogs weren't bad.

Remember these, Janet and Your HolyShitness??

NQ6U
04-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh, yeah—The Creepy Dachshund Restaurant and Heartburn Emporium. How could I ever forget?

KG4CGC
04-21-2014, 06:51 PM
On the other hand, BBQ joints are like heroin here in the South. Even the outsider chain, Sonny's, is doing well here.
You would think hotdogs would do better around here. A couple of places that sell gasoline and Mt. Dew sell hotdogs but usually they are hotdogs all the way with chili.

K7SGJ
04-21-2014, 08:50 PM
On the other hand, BBQ joints are like heroin here in the South. Even the outsider chain, Sonny's, is doing well here.
You would think hotdogs would do better around here. A couple of places that sell gasoline and Mt. Dew sell hotdogs but usually they are hotdogs all the way with chili.

And they have usually been on that weenie roller thingie for at least two weeks.

XE1/N5AL
04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
There was a Wienerschnitzel restaurant in my college town, Lubbock, Texas (Texas Tech). Back in those days, the chain was named "Der Wienerschnitzel". It was really popular with the college kids after an un-sobering night out on the town.

KG4CGC
04-21-2014, 10:39 PM
And they have usually been on that weenie roller thingie for at least two weeks.

Weenie jerky?

KG4CGC
04-21-2014, 10:42 PM
There was a Wienerschnitzel restaurant in my college town, Lubbock, Texas (Texas Tech). Back in those days, the chain was named "Der Wienerschnitzel". It was really popular with the college kids after an un-sobering night out on the town.

We had a Wally Dogs loooooooooooong time ago. Logo was the dachshund in a bun.

wa6mhz
04-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Der whizzerslitzel is OK, but there are lots more places I would go before choosing that! Sometimes we get coupons for great deals there. The one here in El Cajon is next to a IN&OUT so U can imagine the popular choice.The CHili dogs are pretty good, but I would rather have a TACKO or BUrger for a meal. alot of them have dried up and are now Mexican restaurants

K0RGR
04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Awesome commercial! When I go back to San Jose to visit, we always have to go there. Yes, I remember the Doggy Diner in San Francisco, too. I think it was someplace near the west end or Golden Gate Park.

WX7P
04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
These are the lyrics I remember for der Weinerschnitzel

Yum yum yum yum Der WienerschnitzelCome! To Der Wienerschnitzel
We've got the HAPPIEST hot dogs around...
You'll get a treat (TREAT) at Der Wienerschnitzel
Eat (EAT) at Der Wienerschnitzel
Wienerschnitzel hot dogs are your top dogs
And oh so yummy YUM
Your hungry tummy BRING
Your Dad and Mommy
You'll be so happy when you come YUM YUM!
Der fixins are der-lightful
Der's fun in every bite
Your hap, so happy Wienerschnitzel YUM YUM

The ad was animation. Can't find it on you tube.

We had a der Weinerschnitzel in Downtown Centerville (Fremont) right on Fremont Blvd that was hoppin' ( I mean hoppin' low and slow-Carlo knows what I mean) during the cruisin' days.

WX7P
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Remember these, Janet and Your HolyShitness??

I used to eat at the dog in San Leandro at hwy 17 (not called 880 then) off the 238 exit (before the freeway to 580 and you had to drive on surface streets).

They got wiped out by the McDonald's etc. wave.

NQ6U
04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
I used to eat at the dog in San Leandro at hwy 17 (not called 880 then) off the 238 exit (before the freeway to 580 and you had to drive on surface streets).

They got wiped out by the McDonald's etc. wave.

That painting doesn't quite capture the true creepiness of the dog head. It was supposed to be smiling but it always looked to me as it it was sort of an evil smile, as if to say "Come on in! I hope you enjoy the food because you'll be here for a long time. A very long time. Bwah-hah-hah hah!"

KG4CGC
04-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Dog head? HAAH! Looks like a desert rat!

K7SGJ
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Dog head? HAAH! Looks like a desert rat!

Thank you. Ya bastid.

N2ADV
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Back in the early 90's I had a friend who ran a Hot Dog truck in Oneonta NY. Sold Sabrett hot dogs exclusively. He made a KILLING every weekend because Oneonta has 2 colleges which serve NYC students. Right after school would start, the kids would be downtown and see a sabrett truck and just go INSANE because they didnt think they would ever see one of those until they went back home at holiday. He would make $3g a weekend or more if it was a long weekend.

Once in a while, I would help him servin up Sabretts if he was getting crushed. I developed a SERIOUS love affair with Sabrett hot dogs due to that. Gimme a Sabrett dog with red onion sauce relish and cheese and id be happy for about 4 minutes then I'd need another one to stop the Sabrett addiction DT's lol. I could massacre one in a single bite...lol I used to drive a public transit bus those weekend evenings and after I got done with my shift at 3am Sunday mornings, Reggie and I would drive to NJ and pick up the next weeks stock of dogs. ALways had fun on those trips!...lol

I'm pretty sure I partook in some meals from that truck :)

W7XF
04-25-2014, 01:25 AM
That painting doesn't quite capture the true creepiness of the dog head. It was supposed to be smiling but it always looked to me as it it was sort of an evil smile, as if to say "Come on in! I hope you enjoy the food because you'll be here for a long time. A very long time. Bwah-hah-hah hah!"

Just for you, Your HolyShitness:

W5BRM
04-25-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm pretty sure I partook in some meals from that truck :)
if u were a suco student, I probly hauled ur drunken butt around on thur fri and sat nights as well...lol

KØWVM
04-25-2014, 08:29 AM

I thought that was KFC that was like heroin in the South? :-)

NQ6U
04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Just for you, Your HolyShitness

See what I mean? Creepy...

K7SGJ
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
See what I mean? Creepy...

Yes, Kevin can get very creepy.

NQ6U
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM

In fact, I'm way more creeped-out by rats than I am by bears.

K7SGJ
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
In fact, I'm way more creeped-out by rats than I am by bears.

I lied it better when you were in Minnesota.

n0iu
04-26-2014, 09:52 PM
The best hot dogs in the world are in Reykjavik Iceland at Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur (which is Icelandic for "The Best Hot Dog in Town"). They have been selling hot dogs from a small stand near the harbor since 1937! We were in Iceland 2 years ago and those claims are absolutely true!

I wouldn't go to Iceland just for the hot dogs, but if you are there for some reason, this place is a MUST!

W7XF
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Eduardo..... do I need to come up there and needle you with my cactus paddle??

(And before you say it....yes I know I can be a prick!)

WA7PBE
04-27-2014, 05:59 PM
The best hot dogs in the world are in Reykjavik Iceland at Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur (which is Icelandic for "The Best Hot Dog in Town"). They have been selling hot dogs from a small stand near the harbor since 1937! We were in Iceland 2 years ago and those claims are absolutely true!

I wouldn't go to Iceland just for the hot dogs, but if you are there for some reason, this place is a MUST!
wish i knew that 2 years ago

K0RGR
04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
As 'store bought' hot dogs go, corn dogs at the Iowa State Fair are far, far above average. The ones at the Minnesota State Fair don't suck, either.

A+W Rootbeer has good dogs, and there is a chain around here called 'Coney Island' that has real 'gourmet' dogs. But I prefer to buy good ones at the meat market along with bratwurst and have a good wienie roast. Of course, it's still snowing here today (April 29th) and our nine month frozen Hell called winter never seems to end anymore, so I may have to go to Iowa to get my dogs this year. As of last week, we had not seen 70 degrees for 192 days - must be pushing 200 now, with no change in sight.

KG4CGC
04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
We had a "Skins" hot dog, dare I say, "restaurant." From all reports they gradually declined the quality until even the skins no longer "popped" in your mouth when you bit into them.
Then there was a Phat Dogs. They started their quality low, about where Skins was before they closed and people thought they were just dandy. Eventually people realized that they could get the same dog at a gas station up the road.

KG4CGC
04-29-2014, 03:16 PM

They got tacos?

W7XF
04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
They got tacos?

Hello.

My pink APU-equipped Bell 47 does not do well in frigid temperatures.

WAIT... did you say they have TACOS???

n0iu
04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
They got tacos?

Sorry dood... just hot dogs.

KG4CGC
04-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Sorry dood... just hot dogs.

Bjork taco?

NQ6U
04-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Bjork taco?