PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Marry Harry - New Fox Low.

N2NH
04-19-2014, 10:32 AM
This is a show where a dozen women contestants vy to marry Prince Harry. Not really. See it's not Prince Harry but a look-alike. And he's not marrying anyone.

From the creators of Joe Millionaire comes the brand new show I Wanna Marry "Harry," where 12 American women are given the chance to fight and connive their way into a marriage with Prince Harry.

Here's the catch: He's not really Prince Harry. In fact, he's not royalty at all.

In this exclusive promo for the upcoming reality series, we get a look at how far they go to convince these contestants to believe the man they are competing for is the real deal. From a mansion, to helicopter rides, and even fake paparazzi hiding in the woods.

I Wanna Marry "Harry" premieres May 27 on Fox.

From what I can figure out, this isn't an April Fools joke. And it is a new low for Fox.

WATCH: Women Fight To Marry Prince Harry! (http://www.etonline.com/tv/145542_women_fight_for_a_chance_to_marry_fake_roya lty_on_i_wanna_marry_harry/index.html) (<<< That's the real title of the story.)

W2NAP
04-19-2014, 06:21 PM
TV is crap honestly I don't know why people even bother with it.

KG4CGC
04-19-2014, 11:55 PM
TV is crap honestly I don't know why people even bother with it.

SNL

NQ6U
04-20-2014, 12:58 AM
SNL

And Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo.

PA5COR
04-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Watching CBS Action reruns of Startrek Enterprize now, so not all is crap.
Long live home satellite motorized dishes...;)

kb2vxa
04-20-2014, 07:40 AM
What can you expect from Fox and a dozen incredibly stupid, gullible gold diggers? Well, maybe not incredibly stupid or gullible, but gold diggers getting plenty of gold playing to the cameras, the incredibly stupid will be watching. You don't have to remind me not to watch it, the last time I watched channel 5 (NYC) was when I was a kid watching a few pretty good children's shows 60 years ago.

W9JEF
04-20-2014, 09:19 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/85000/Willie-Nelson-has-Cannabis-Delirium-85173.jpg

W7XF
04-20-2014, 11:43 PM
All those women will be in tears when Princess Harry shows off his hubby!!

XE1/N5AL
04-21-2014, 10:17 PM
The only thing worse than watcing all those dumb TV reality shows: watching all those dumb TV reality shows dubbed in Spanish.

kb2vxa
04-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Have you ever noticed Spike's clever disclaimer "Not reality, actuality."? ACTUALLY a bunch of scripted actors followed around by a camera crew like on the original Operation Repo, that when asked what the cameras are for Matt gets all huffy and replies "for our protection... and yours". Yeah right, like a cameraman running to get away from violence (usually started by Matt's big mouth) is protection? Well, watching a dysfunctional family of land whales and an out of shape gorilla who has quit or been fired a thousand times making fools of themselves is funny when I haven't anything better to do. Oh, one more thing, have you noticed that "theme song" is a loop track? Not reality... lots of MONEY for ten minutes' comedic acting.

koØm
04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
One of my daughters is seeking her 15 minutes of infamy: She just emailed me this to print out so she could apply.

Bunim/Murray Productions 6007 Sepulveda Blvd. , Van Nuys, CA 91411

Casting info: http://www.bunim-*murray.com

THE REAL WORLD
INFORMATION FORM

NAME: ____________________________________________ DATE: _________________________________
ADDRESS:
BIRTHDATE
(for ID purposes
only) :

1. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON TELEVISION? IF YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN:
2. WHERE DO YOU WORK? TELL US ABOUT THE STRANGEST, MOST INTERESTING,
3. DESCRIBE YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE PERSON WHO IS APPLYING TO BE A REAL WORLD CAST MEMBER:
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM APPEARING ON THE REAL WORLD? IF THEY ARE CAST, ARE YOU LIKELY TO VISIT THEM?
5. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME OR CHARGED WITH A DUI? IF YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN:
6. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE YOU CURRENTLY FACE?
7. WHAT ARE YOUR BEST TRAITS? YOUR WORST TRAITS?
8. DESCRIBE YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT:
9. WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING ABOUT YOU?
10. BRIEFLY DESCRIBE YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM.
11. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? WHO (IF ANYONE) IN YOUR LIFE KNOWS YOUR SECRET?
12. WHAT ARE YOUR CAREER GOALS?
R.W. Productions, Inc.
6007 Sepulveda Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Attn: Business & Legal Affairs
Tel: (818) 756-5100 / Fax: (818) 756-5140

APPEARANCE RELEASE
For good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby irrevocably authorize R.W. Productions, Inc. and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, designees, successors and assigns ______________________________ to make use of my appearance and performance in connection with a program currently entitled The Real World.

1. RIGHTS. Producer shall have the right to tape, film and photograph and otherwise record me, my name, likeness, voice, conversation, statements, Materials for the use in connection with the Program or any other productions of any kind in any manner whatsoever, including the exhibition, advertising, promotion, and exploitation thereof as Producer may desire
throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised. Producer shall have the right to substitute the voice of another person for my voice and/or depict me in a fictionalized manner. I expressly waive any and all rights that I may have in and to such Materials, however denominated, in any jurisdiction of the world in connection with my appearance.

2. RESULTS AND PROCEEDS. Producer shall be the exclusive owner of the Materials and all results and proceeds of my appearance and performance. Producer shall have no obligation to use the Materials in connection with the Program. Producer may delete or edit or change or rearrange all or any of the Materials in any manner whatsoever. Nothing contained in this agreement shall grant, transfer or convey any right or interest to me in or to any film, stock, negative, disc, element, tape or other material of any kind or nature whatsoever relating to the Program. No security interest, lien or other encumbrance
shall be granted in any property of Producer in favor of me pursuant to this agreement.

3. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. I hereby represent and warrant that: (a) to the best of my knowledge, any statements made by me during my appearance are true and will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party; (b) I am not, and will not be, as of the date of broadcast, a legally qualified candidate for any public office within the meaning of Section 315(a) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended; (c) I understand that my engagement hereunder and the Program are not subject to any guild or union agreement; (d) I did not give or agreed to give anything of value to anyone associated in any manner with the Program; (e) I am at least 18 years of age at the time I execute this agreement and understand if I am not, I must have my parent or guardian co-sign; and (f) I understand that payments for arranging personal appearances and that failure to disclose any such arrangement constitutes a federal crime, unless disclosed to the Producer prior to broadcast. I agree to indemnify Producer, sponsors, and broadcasters of the____________________________________on with any representation or agreement made by me hereunder.

4. CONFIDENTIALITY. I acknowledge and agree that any and all information disclosed to or obtained by myself concerning or relating to the Program, including but not limited to the premise and concept of the Program, the nature of certain events in the Program, my appearance in the Program as confidential, and I hereby agree not to disclose any such Confidential Information to any individual or entity. I acknowledge and agree that any disclosure of such Confidential Information is in violation of this agreement and shall constitute a material breach of this agreement and shall cause Producer and its employees, contractors, agents, licensees and assigns irreparable injury. I further agree that in the event of any disclosure by myself in violation of this
agreement, I shall be liable to Producer and its employees, contractors, agents, licensees and assigns and I agree that Producer and its employees, contractors, agents, licensees and assigns shall have the right to utilize all available remedies in law or equity, including both financial and injunctive relief, to seek retribution for any breach of this confidentiality provision. I expressly agree that Producer and its employees, contractors, agents, licensees and assigns shall be entitled to any and all relief available to Producer and broadcasters as reasonable compensation for the significant harm which will be incurred by Producer and
its employees, contractors, agents licensees and assigns as a result of any such disclosure and/or breach of this agreement by myself.

5. RELEASE OF CLAIMS/REMEDIES. I agree to release Producer, all other persons and entities connected with the Program, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns of each of the foregoing, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action of any kind or nature whatsoever, including without limitation defamation, bodily harm, infliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy, arising out of or in connection with my appearance, statements and/or actions (including
use of re-creations) on or in connection with the Program including any costs incurred by Producer in connection therewith. I acknowledge that Producer will rely on this permission potentially, at substantial cost to Producer and hereby agree not to assert any claim of any nature whatsoever against anyone relating to or arising from the exercise of the permissions granted hereunder. I further agree that in no event shall I be entitled to seek or obtain injunctive or equitable relief in connection with this agreement, and that my rights and remedies shall be limited to the right, if any, to obtain monetary damages at law.

6. MISCELLANEOUS. This agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and supersedes all prior understandings, whether written or oral. Should any provision of this agreement be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed omitted, and this agreement with such provision omitted shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any litigation, action or proceeding brought by you against Producer arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be instituted only in a state or federal court in the County of Los Angeles, California. I agree that Producer may license, assign and otherwise transfer this agreement and all rights granted by me to Producer under this agreement to any person or entity.

ACCEPTED, ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREED:

Name (Please Print)

Signature ______________

Address (Street, City, State, Zip) Email Telephone Date

W9JEF
04-24-2014, 06:24 AM

I would ask her, point blank: "Is this a joke?"

N2NH
06-13-2014, 10:37 AM
And then, not so much. "I Wanna Marry Harry" has been cancelled due to low ratings. I tried it once and after 5 minutes (including the 2 minute opening) my IQ had dropped by half and I was on the way to something better. Sorry faux-anglophiles, but it's toast.

Fox (https://www.bing.com/search?q=fox%20broadcasting%20company&filters=ufn%3a%22fox%20broadcasting%20company%22+s id%3a%224c9a7100-a3d6-9340-b253-8455daff60f6%22&FORM=BWEMTV) has shelved its poorly performing summer reality series "I Wanna Marry Harry" and "Riot." Starting next week, the shows will be replaced by "Family Guy," "Brooklyn Nine-Nine (https://www.bing.com/search?q=brooklyn%20nine-nine&filters=ufn%3a%22brooklyn%20nine-nine%22+sid%3a%22f5c4eeff-a9a5-45c8-ba8e-bd888535de5b%22&FORM=BWEMTV)," "New Girl (https://www.bing.com/search?q=new%20girl&filters=ufn%3a%22new%20girl%22+sid%3a%22a4b20b1c-8af3-4e62-be7e-2dd2fecffc56%22&FORM=BWEMTV)" And "The Mindy Project (https://www.bing.com/search?q=the%20mindy%20project&filters=ufn%3a%22the%20mindy%20project%22+sid%3a%2 2d2eabd55-bccf-1c65-d9ea-520a50789bde%22&FORM=BWEMTV)" on Tuesdays from 8-10 p.m.

Fox yanks 'I Wanna Marry Harry' and 'Riot' from schedule (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=872783)

N2CHX
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I feel like TV networks are in a contest to see who can come up with the most idiotic crap that people will still watch.

W9JEF
06-13-2014, 12:57 PM
I feel like TV networks are in a contest to see who can come up with the most idiotic crap that people will still watch.

In the face of competition from cable, satellite, Netflix, etc.,

the broadcast networks are reduced to targeting the LCD.

KG4CGC
06-14-2014, 11:28 AM
When I said SNL earlier, I meant that is why I bother watching television. It's televised, vision.

N2NH
06-15-2014, 10:50 AM
SNL is good, Big Bang is good, Sleepy Hollow is surprisingly good and Elementary (Jude Law and Lucy Liu make it work).

Hon. Mention: NCIS

As far as I'm concerned, reality shows, game shows (Dancing with the Stars etc.) and everything else is meant for the crapper.

WN9HJW
06-15-2014, 12:51 PM

"The Devil's Ride" and "Alaskan Bush People" if we're taking nominations.

NQ6U
06-15-2014, 01:13 PM
"The Devil's Ride" and "Alaskan Bush People" if we're taking nominations.

Most of the people in Alaska voted for Bush.

N2NH
06-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Ice Road Truckers, Duck Dufuses and Honey Boo Boo make me drool.

XE1/N5AL
06-19-2014, 04:17 PM
How many more cities can host a fake reality show about people competing for storage lockers full of crap?

n2ize
06-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Reality TV sucks. Complete driven and complete UN-reality. As a general rule I don't watch any TV. In fact I don't even own a TV and have no plans to either get a TV or subscribe the a TV service. Just about any entertainment I want I can find via Internet streams. And most of my TV viewing is olde shows and movies mostly in Black & While and created anywhere from the 1950's to the early 70's. With regards to movies I often go back even further on the timeline.

With regards to more modern stuff there are some good modern theatre and independent films that I watch and some are quite good. Better than most of the junk on TV and in movies these days.

WØTKX
06-20-2014, 04:33 PM
http://cp91278.aetv.com/AandE_Storage-Wars_Barrys-Toys_SF.jpg

n6hcm
06-20-2014, 06:24 PM
All those women will be in tears when Princess Harry shows off his hubby!!

he did suggest that he'd try that next ...

(technically, that would be the name and style of his wife, whoever they may be ... )

n6hcm
06-20-2014, 06:32 PM
SNL is good, Big Bang is good, Sleepy Hollow is surprisingly good and Elementary (Jude Law and Lucy Liu make it work).

Hon. Mention: NCIS

i don't know sleepy hollow--will have to check that out. i used to like the mentalist but this season they've kinda gone off the rails. NCIS is good; i watch NCIS: LA just to watch Chris O'Donnell. There's a new NCIS: New Orleans in the fall that I probably will pass on.

XE1/N5AL
06-20-2014, 08:25 PM
The reality show that is somewhat painful for me to watch is "American Pickers", on the History Channel. Here, it is dubbed in Spanish and called "Cazadores de Tesoros" (Treasure Hunters).

I have only seen a few bits and pieces of the shows, and maybe I'm missing the point. But, it appears to feature two guys traveling about in a profit-driven quest to buy antique stuff, on the cheap, from unsuspecting owners. The two guys spot their "treasures" while driving down back roads, and then make cold calls at the doorstep of the property owner. Through skilled negotiations and annoying persistence, they try not to leave empty-handed.

Sometimes, they come up against a hoarder, who doesn't want to part with a single piece of his rusting junk. The two guys try as hard as they can to chisel the items from the hoarder's clenched fingers, using words and hard cash as their tools.

KG4CGC
06-21-2014, 01:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLlLtSG7xe4&amp;feature=kp

N2NH
06-21-2014, 07:55 PM
i don't know sleepy hollow--will have to check that out. i used to like the mentalist but this season they've kinda gone off the rails. NCIS is good; i watch NCIS: LA just to watch Chris O'Donnell. There's a new NCIS: New Orleans in the fall that I probably will pass on.

Sleepy Hollow takes place in this part of the country. Ichabod Crane is an ex-soldier for the English in the Revolutionary War. He switches sides and uses his knowledge to help the fledgling American army. In a pivotal battle, he ends up killing a Hessian who has crossed the boundary and become a demon. He beheads him but ends up dying. His wife Katrina keeps him from dying (with a spell) and when Headless Horseman starts looking for his head again, Ichabod also comes back to stop him. The cliffhanger at the end of last season was pretty impressive, best I've ever seen and we're waiting for the 2nd season to begin...

Full episodes are available free online here (http://www.fox.com/sleepy-hollow/).

n2ize
06-22-2014, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLlLtSG7xe4&amp;feature=kp

That sums it up.

KG4CGC
06-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Yep.