PDA

View Full Version : Online banking

KC2UGV
04-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Anyone here use online banking? I've recently opened an account up at Ally, but it's really only there for the savings account (They've got the best interest rates I've seen). Anyone else took the dive? What's been your experiences with it?

NQ6U
04-11-2014, 07:37 AM
I love it. Get paid via direct deposit, receive and pay all bills online, no more fucking around with checks and stamps and envelopes. No more waiting in long lines at the bank on Friday afternoon, either.

N2CHX
04-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I've used it for years. Can't live without it, really. I do too many small purchases to keep track of my account with a ledger.

KC2UGV
04-11-2014, 07:56 AM
I suppose I should clarify what I meant by "Online banking", I meant banking with an online-only bank (Like, no branch offices... Just a 1800 number and a website). Sorry for the confusion :)

PA5COR
04-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Doing that for years now, easy peasy, all my accounts, banking saving and credit card account controled from the lappie.
I can look back my history for 5 years print it out, or have a PDF file from it, get my tax declaration online etc etc.
Paing bills online for as far they are not automatically paid like rent gas elecric etc.

I can check the acccounts 24/7 without leaving my comfy chair.
Anything goes wrong i can recall a bill 30 days and have the money back on my account if i don't agree with the bill.
The ABN-AMRO bank has still some branches open, but i didn't visit any in years.

wa6mhz
04-11-2014, 08:55 AM
I don't trust online deposit. We have had issues with people who use it finding the money wasn't deposited in their account. I like to get my paycheck, and sign it and hand it to the teller and see it processed. Then I am comfortable the money made it to the bank!