PDA

View Full Version : Dell Confirms Laptop Stinks

W3WN
04-09-2014, 01:05 PM
As in, it smells like cat pee.

http://www.itnews.com/laptops/70128/dell-yes-our-laptop-smells-cat-pee-its-not-cat-pee

PA5COR
04-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Note to myself, don't get a H...Dell computer or lappy...

NQ6U
04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Note to myself, need to clean out the cat box today....

kb2vxa
04-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Think back, a few times I've mentioned Hell's Dells and... DELL SMELLS. Well, the latter has been confirmed! They never stated the results of their "research", but my nose educated guess is some plastics smell pretty awful when hot. Oh here comes another...

wa6mhz
04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
that why I am not giving my OLD laptop to my wife. She would leave it on the table and the cats would go WEE WEE ON IT!

KG4CGC
04-11-2014, 01:43 AM
that why I am not giving my OLD laptop to my wife. She would leave it on the table and the cats would go WEE WEE ON IT!

It's a sign of love. They smell your smell and want to add their smell. It means you're family and that they feel that they belong.
It is a blessing.

N2CHX
04-11-2014, 08:02 AM
If your cats are peeing on your dinner table, you've got some serious issues to deal with.

KC2UGV
04-11-2014, 08:05 AM

Maybe try cleaning some litter boxes? I understand, it may be difficult to find them, since they might be hidden by junk, but it'd help.

KG4CGC
04-11-2014, 11:16 AM
If your cats are peeing on your dinner table, you've got some serious issues to deal with.

Unless it's Pat's house. Then it's all about Happy Family.

wa6mhz
04-11-2014, 11:31 AM
We dont have a dinner table. I eat dinner in the Radio shack or in bed. SHe had coffee table in front of th couch. That is where she wants to put the laptop, for the grand baby to pound on.

KC2UGV
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
We dont have a dinner table. I eat dinner in the Radio shack or in bed. SHe had coffee table in front of th couch. That is where she wants to put the laptop, for the grand baby to pound on.

Why am I not shocked.

n2ize
04-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Why am I not shocked.

Dell isn't fooling anybody. We all know Dell probably laced the computer with some sort of toxin or mind control chemical. Check with Alex Jones for details.

K0RGR
04-13-2014, 01:55 PM
I've noticed that a lot of Chinese-sourced goods have a very pungent odor, and I think it's arsenic. Particularly anything with chromed parts - I think arsenic is used in the process, and I suspect they are cutting corners by not cleaning the parts thoroughly before they ship. I really became aware of this when I bought a new shower head recently, and every time I turned on the water, there was this almost burnt tomcat pee smell. Then, I noticed when I went to Costco and walked down the aisles of new goods still on their shipping palettes that the same smell was pretty overwhelming. After several months, the showerhead no longer smells, and there are no ants in my bathroom, so I guess the arsenic actually provided a service. Children and small animals might have a different reaction, though.

KC2UGV
04-13-2014, 02:00 PM
I've noticed that a lot of Chinese-sourced goods have a very pungent odor, and I think it's arsenic. Particularly anything with chromed parts - I think arsenic is used in the process, and I suspect they are cutting corners by not cleaning the parts thoroughly before they ship. I really became aware of this when I bought a new shower head recently, and every time I turned on the water, there was this almost burnt tomcat pee smell. Then, I noticed when I went to Costco and walked down the aisles of new goods still on their shipping palettes that the same smell was pretty overwhelming. After several months, the showerhead no longer smells, and there are no ants in my bathroom, so I guess the arsenic actually provided a service. Children and small animals might have a different reaction, though.

A couple of items I ordered from eBay didn't smell like pee, but rather like burnt bacon... Weird.

kb2vxa
04-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Arsenic is used in chrome plating so I tend to agree with your suspicions. Why COST Co sells stinky bad for business merchandise is beyond me, I sure as hell wouldn't buy it.

Burnt bacon isn't weird, BLAME CANADA!

n2ize
04-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Well, we don't manufacture much in this country anymore so I guess china it is.