PDA

View Full Version : Guess who went Zero to Extra???

W7XF
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Maybe we can get something done about 14.313 now. (http://hamhijinks.com/obama-issued-embarrassing-ham-call-sign/)

W9JEF
04-01-2014, 12:06 PM

A 5Z4 callsign???

Sounds like a rectifier from the hollow-state days.

An AP1RL call might be more apropos in this case. ;)

KJ3N
04-01-2014, 12:07 PM
You realize that there will be certain members of "another site" that will actually believe this, don't you?

W7XF
04-01-2014, 01:23 PM
You realize that there will be certain members of "another site" that will actually believe this, don't you?

You were saying, Jim.....
Some people are sooooooo 404... (http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?431167-Guess-who-went-Zero-to-Extra&p=3137486#post3137486)

KJ3N
04-01-2014, 02:22 PM
You were saying, Jim.....
Some people are sooooooo 404... (http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?431167-Guess-who-went-Zero-to-Extra&p=3137486#post3137486)

Well, nobody has ever accused certain members of that place with an abundance of brains. Especially post #7. :roll:

wa6mhz
04-01-2014, 02:28 PM
the thread already got deleted over there!

N2NH
04-01-2014, 04:41 PM
5Z? Kenya? :hahano:

WØTKX
04-01-2014, 05:44 PM

N0SHT?

W5BRM
04-01-2014, 06:37 PM
N0SHT?

BL5HIT

N2NH
04-01-2014, 06:49 PM
BL5HIT

FLØSHT

KB3LAZ
04-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Bleh, not even a good joke seeings as you don't have to be a citizen to get your ticket anyway. I think they were trying too hard with that one.

W3WN
04-02-2014, 07:06 AM
You realize that there will be certain members of "another site" that will actually believe this, don't you?Especially the subtle bit about the 5Z4 call. Nice!

W3WN
04-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Bleh, not even a good joke seeings as you don't have to be a citizen to get your ticket anyway. I think they were trying too hard with that one.Maybe a little, but I'll tell you what Trav...

Writing comedy isn't as easy as it seems.

I tried, a few years back, to do an annual April Fools column modeled after the old DX Hoggery & Poetry Depreciation Society that W9BRD annually ran in QST. (Yes, I know his columns appeared in May). How hard could it be? Find a few limericks & tie them together with a cute story.

It was hard work. For one thing, trying to find "new" radio-related limericks that could be printed in a family-oriented club newsletter? Few & far between. When I asked people online to submit a few, most of the ones I got were obscene, or very nasty (slanted against a particular mode, frequency, net, or individual person). Almost none were funny.

Once I had a few (never enough), then came time to write the story around them. Keeping it funny -- and clean. And of local interest.

I never liked the results. So after a few years, I gave up on it.

(In case you're wondering, yes, I did let Rod know about it, even sent him copies. He always responded with kind, supporting words. On the same typewriter, I'll swear, that he used when he worked on the DX column for QST. Maybe even the same typewriter ribbon, too!)

KB3LAZ
04-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Maybe a little, but I'll tell you what Trav...

I tried, a few years back, to do an annual April Fools column modeled after the old DX Hoggery & Poetry Depreciation Society that W9BRD annually ran in QST. (Yes, I know his columns appeared in May). How hard could it be? Find a few limericks & tie them together with a cute story.

It was hard work. For one thing, trying to find "new" radio-related limericks that could be printed in a family-oriented club newsletter? Few & far between. When I asked people online to submit a few, most of the ones I got were obscene, or very nasty (slanted against a particular mode, frequency, net, or individual person). Almost none were funny.

Once I had a few (never enough), then came time to write the story around them. Keeping it funny -- and clean. And of local interest.

(In case you're wondering, yes, I did let Rod know about it, even sent him copies. He always responded with kind, supporting words. On the same typewriter, I'll swear, that he used when he worked on the DX column for QST. Maybe even the same typewriter ribbon, too!)

I imagine so.

suddenseer
04-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Maybe a little, but I'll tell you what Trav...

(In case you're wondering, yes, I did let Rod know about it, even sent him copies. He always responded with kind, supporting words. On the same typewriter, I'll swear, that he used when he worked on the DX column for QST. Maybe even the same typewriter ribbon, too!)You may not be from the Borsht Belt, but maybe you should look into this further......ba dump dump........