PDA

View Full Version : Funny How Some Things Just Keep Coming Back

N2NH
03-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Like the conspiracy theory that the Apollo moon landings were faked. I believe we went there. I don't believe we stopped early, but that was the way of the administration back then - no reasons given, just pull the plug. And that's what makes this a bit more compelling than some guy in his garage trying to make a point...

http://youtu.be/hlqvlu_di6A

koØm
03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Like the conspiracy theory that the Apollo moon landings were faked. I believe we went there. I don't believe we stopped early, but that was the way of the administration back then - no reasons given, just pull the plug. And that's what makes this a bit more compelling than some guy in his garage trying to make a point...

A commercial Jetliner flying at 300+ MPH plowing into the Pentagon Building "Should" have left a hole bigger than a Sidewinder Missile; what happened to the wings from the Airplane that was supposed to have crashed into the Pentagon? There was no wreckage from a Jet Plane photographed in Washington, DC.

Just sayin'

Okay, back to your regular distractions.

KG4CGC
03-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Everything is exactly as they tell us it is on television. Please remain seated while flushing.

N2NH
03-31-2014, 03:20 AM
A commercial Jetliner flying at 300+ MPH plowing into the Pentagon Building "Should" have left a hole bigger than a Sidewinder Missile; what happened to the wings from the Airplane that was supposed to have crashed into the Pentagon? There was no wreckage from a Jet Plane photographed in Washington, DC.

Just sayin'

Okay, back to your regular distractions.

That flight that crashed in Penna was another one. Ever try to make a cellphone call on an airplane? Can't be done. I've tried and couldn't do it. Even Mythbusters proved that. Then there were no human remains and little luggage. Also, the debris field was miles long. More in keeping with a plane being shot down. But we need 'heroes' so we got 'heroes.'

W9JEF
03-31-2014, 02:50 PM
http://www.okvoter.com/gallery/work.jpg

AC8KF WALT
04-07-2014, 08:12 PM
"so where does the white team go during their off time?"

KC2UGV
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
That flight that crashed in Penna was another one. Ever try to make a cellphone call on an airplane? Can't be done. I've tried and couldn't do it. Even Mythbusters proved that. Then there were no human remains and little luggage. Also, the debris field was miles long. More in keeping with a plane being shot down. But we need 'heroes' so we got 'heroes.'

Um, yeah. I've made calls before from my cell on an airplane. A bunch of times, actually.

koØm
04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Um, yeah. I've made calls before from my cell on an airplane. A bunch of times, actually.

Paper covers rock.

N2NH
04-09-2014, 02:35 AM

Must be one heck of a cellphone. Nobody else can.

As an ex-UHF Transmitter engineer, I can't see how the cellphone signal can get through the airframe. Signals at that frequency bounce off of nearly every surface, couple that with a very weak transmitter, that has very limited range. The idea that you can make cellphone calls from inside a flying plane translates into conspiracy theory territory.

KC2UGV
04-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Must be one heck of a cellphone. Nobody else can.

As an ex-UHF Transmitter engineer, I can't see how the cellphone signal can get through the airframe. Signals at that frequency bounce off of nearly every surface, couple that with a very weak transmitter, that has very limited range. The idea that you can make cellphone calls from inside a flying plane translates into conspiracy theory territory.

Weird... Then I wonder how I was able to make a phone call, and how I am still able to get my emails, text messages, and all other services while in flight.

And, I was not aware that a commercial jetliner is a perfect UHF wave guide, which would be required for it to "bounce around".

I also wonder why I've seen air crews give guff to passengers when their phones ring and they answer it?

And how did this happen? http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010913somersetnat3p3.asp

When was the last time you flew man?

PA5COR
04-09-2014, 07:40 AM
I made phonecalls from a complete close steel vessel that held 1000 cubic meters fluid that needed to get some reinforcement in welded.
Only opening was the manhole i could barely get in to, that was in the time the Motorola brick was the bees knees in cellphone tchnology...
The GSM mast was 2 miles away on the other side of the manhole, 1800 MHZ signals seem to bounce around nicely till they find the opening to excape and even find the GSM mast on the other side of the vessel...

So yes in a plane with all passenger windows that same would apply if you are in sight of a cellphone mast.

W9JEF
04-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Ever wonder why UHF and microwave RF fittings need so many screws?
The wave just needs to find a narrow opening about a half wave in length
(which forms a very efficient slot antenna). :)

kb2vxa
04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah, you're catching on to how small an opening such short waves can go through. Now if you've ever had a QSO with someone in a private plane carrying an HT you just might have some idea how large the radio's footprint is. The greater the altitude, the bigger the footprint, and signals being line of sight they can reach great altitude. If you've ever QSOed with the ISS using 1W and a ground plane you know what I mean.

N2NH
04-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Weird... Then I wonder how I was able to make a phone call, and how I am still able to get my emails, text messages, and all other services while in flight.

And, I was not aware that a commercial jetliner is a perfect UHF wave guide, which would be required for it to "bounce around".

I also wonder why I've seen air crews give guff to passengers when their phones ring and they answer it?

And how did this happen? http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010913somersetnat3p3.asp

When was the last time you flew man?

Hmmm... back in 2001 just how many cellphone towers would've been in range of a jet flying 500+ MPH over the countryside of rural Pennsylvania? Sorry. The details aren't how long ago I flew. They're how long ago this happened and how poorly the country is covered. Right now where I'm at, which is more densely populated than where they were flying, we have literally next to no cellphone bars. Zero in most cases. And forget about texting. Internet? You have to be kidding. The rare call does get through somehow. Good luck answering or getting the voicemail. In 2014.

Get personal. I know it's hard to prove this one.

koØm
04-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Hmmm... back in 2001 just how many cellphone towers would've been in range of a jet flying 500+ MPH over the countryside of rural Pennsylvania? Sorry. The details aren't how long ago I flew. They're how long ago this happened and how poorly the country is covered. Right now where I'm at, which is more densely populated than where they were flying, we have literally next to no cellphone bars. Zero in most cases. And forget about texting. Internet? You have to be kidding. The rare call does get through somehow. Good luck answering or getting the voicemail. In 2014.

Get personal. I know it's hard to prove this one.

Rock breaks scissors.

KG4CGC
04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
rock
paper
scissors
lizard
spock

N2NH
04-11-2014, 02:54 AM
rock
paper