PDA

View Full Version : A Question fer Da Bartender

N2NH
03-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Are there any good mixed drinks that go with Gatorade? I am planning ahead for what looks to be an incinerator of a summer and got to thinking about booze + Gatorade. :-?

What goes well with a good sports drink? Well, I figure I'd ask an expert.;)

NQ6U
03-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Gatorade, blood orange juice and 151 proof rum over ice. Tastes like something you'd get at the Island Tiki Bar.

Don't forget the little paper umbrella.

KG4CGC
03-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Flavored Vodka.
A Long Island Iced Tea mixed the Gatorade may work well too.
I would also suggest Powerade but check the label for added carbs.
Stay away from sports drinks with added carbohydrates. Blood sugar levels would spike too high when mixed with alcohol.
For daylight drinking, keep the alcohol below 4% unless you plan on staying inside in the air conditioning and going to bed.
Keep in mind that 151 is about 75% alcohol.
Either way, One alcoholic drink per hour, one 8 to 16 ounce serving of water between drinks. Dehydration is a big concern during the warmer months.
When I used to shoot the bands in the Summer, it was one whiskey, 8 ounces of water and one beer per hour after the first hour. That was back in the day though. These days I shoot sober and drink after the gig was done. 25 year old McCallan is fine to sip on after a tough gig avoiding the overspill of the mosh pit.

kb2vxa
03-30-2014, 07:55 PM
A Long Island Iced Tea mixed the Gatorade? GAAAKKK!

KG4CGC
03-30-2014, 08:22 PM

What do you drink?

N2NH
03-31-2014, 03:02 AM
Thanks Carl and Charles. I have been a 151 drinker for years. Was a project when I was in college to get bombed as fast as possible. It works too. Once had to take the subway home after drinking a dozen or so shots of straight 151. It was the only time I saw a train corkscrew thru the tunnel. Couldn't sit down without getting motion sickness, so I stood all the way home in an empty car. Woke up in bed had no idea how I got there and went to my graduation without a hangover. Oh, yeah, the rest of my class who drank much weaker drinks were badly hungover at 6AM.

I am going to try those drinks in the near future. As soon as we get a bit of swelter factor here...

N2NH
06-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Gatorade, blood orange juice and 151 proof rum over ice. Tastes like something you'd get at the Island Tiki Bar.

Don't forget the little paper umbrella.

Thanks. Now that it's hot, I just realized there are some good drinks here. Love 151, been drinking it for years. :yum:

N2NH
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Flavored Vodka.
A Long Island Iced Tea mixed the Gatorade may work well too.
I would also suggest Powerade but check the label for added carbs.
Stay away from sports drinks with added carbohydrates. Blood sugar levels would spike too high when mixed with alcohol.
For daylight drinking, keep the alcohol below 4% unless you plan on staying inside in the air conditioning and going to bed.
Keep in mind that 151 is about 75% alcohol.
Either way, One alcoholic drink per hour, one 8 to 16 ounce serving of water between drinks. Dehydration is a big concern during the warmer months.
When I used to shoot the bands in the Summer, it was one whiskey, 8 ounces of water and one beer per hour after the first hour. That was back in the day though. These days I shoot sober and drink after the gig was done. 25 year old McCallan is fine to sip on after a tough gig avoiding the overspill of the mosh pit.

Ah, haven't got flavored Vodka, but I do have plain and gatorade. I think I'll give it a whirl. We hit 100 here on the mountain today and tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. Also going to try a vodka and lime. Thanks!
:drool:

KG4CGC
06-17-2014, 07:45 PM
One hot afternoon I mixed up high end gin 1/3rd, 1/3rd tonic and 1/3rd club soda with slices of orange, lime and green apple. Mash the fruit a little to bring out the flavor. Very refreshing. The gin and tonic really cuts the dust on the throat. The club soda hydrates and the fruit makes it really feel like Summer time.
It was all in a big pitcher. Share with friends.

KC2UGV
06-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Spiced rum and lemon lime gatorade...

N2NH
06-18-2014, 09:08 AM
One hot afternoon I mixed up high end gin 1/3rd, 1/3rd tonic and 1/3rd club soda with slices of orange, lime and green apple. Mash the fruit a little to bring out the flavor. Very refreshing. The gin and tonic really cuts the dust on the throat. The club soda hydrates and the fruit makes it really feel like Summer time.
It was all in a big pitcher. Share with friends.

Isn't Gin, well Gin? Are there any differences between high end Gin and Gilbeys/Gordon's/London/Beefeaters?

N2NH
06-18-2014, 09:08 AM

Thanks, will try. Van and I are going to market in a few days to get the goods.

koØm
06-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Either you were too young to have not seen these or, maybe they were not offered in your market.

https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12526&stc=1 https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12527&stc=1

Either way, you didn't miss anything.

koØm
06-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Either you were too young to have not seen these or, maybe they were not offered in your market. If you missed them, you didn't miss much.

delete dupe, I wasn't sure if the attachments are showing.

KG4CGC
06-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Isn't Gin, well Gin? Are there any differences between high end Gin and Gilbeys/Gordon's/London/Beefeaters?

Gin is not, Gin. Crap gin can be pretty nasty.

NQ6U
06-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Bombay Saphire. All you need to know about gin.

BTW, the gin itself is not blue, as some people seem to think, it's clear. It just comes in a blue bottle.

N2NH
06-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks for enlightening me. I am not proud of my ignorance, but I do acknowledge it.

One thing, what's the usual kickazz booze they stick in coffee? I'm not talking Sambuca, Ouzo or Bailey's Irish Cream, I mean in the manner of whisky, rum, vodka...

NQ6U
06-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks for enlightening me. I am not proud of my ignorance, but I do acknowledge it.

One thing, what's the usual kickazz booze they stick in coffee? I'm not talking Sambuca, Ouzo or Bailey's Irish Cream, I mean in the manner of whisky, rum, vodka...

Depending on the drink, either brandy or Irish whiskey. I prefer brandy myself.

KG4CGC
06-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Do you like your coffee, cold?
Take a small can (they have big cans now) of Starbucks Double Shot Espresso. Mix one part Starbucks Double Shot Espresso with one part Kahlua and one part Crown Royal OR Scotch of your choice. Really, any nice whiskey will work.
Not really for breakfast but since we were on the topic.
I suppose you could do a breakfast version. I really hate what the heat does to the way alcohol tastes. Starbucks Double Shot Espresso is best served cold.

K7SGJ
06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Depending on the drink, either brandy or Irish whiskey. I prefer brandy myself.

https://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12532&stc=1

w6tmi
06-18-2014, 02:20 PM

What DOESN'T go with spiced rum?? Oh, maybe 1 thing.. Bacon.. That's ok, they each go just fine with everything else. Kinda the wild card food.

KC2UGV
06-18-2014, 07:42 PM
What DOESN'T go with spiced rum?? Oh, maybe 1 thing.. Bacon.. That's ok, they each go just fine with everything else. Kinda the wild card food.

Bacon goes good with spiced rum too :)

W7XF
06-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Bacon goes good with spiced rum too :)

BACON-HOLIC!!xD

KC2UGV
06-19-2014, 06:31 AM
BACON-HOLIC!!xD

Ayep :)

kb2vxa
06-19-2014, 11:18 AM
I've been too busy with other things so a little catch up:

Originally Posted by kb2vxa

Simon Bar Tender asked:
"What do you drink?"
You guys are making me jealous, since I've been on Percocet for a wounded foot I'm limited to non alcoholic stuff like low sodium V-8, the regular stuff tastes too salty. Eventually I'll get back to Long Island Iced Tea or Jameson Irish Whiskey with or without ginger ale.

WØTKX
06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3211/3119604232_1be4318f5a.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--sW2nwTN0vo/TxQOSbyzMHI/AAAAAAAAJjo/Pr7Cr3dwL7M/s1600/mixologycocktails25.jpg

W7XF
06-19-2014, 01:58 PM
New hooch from Duncan, BC:

Baconmeister!!!!!

KG4CGC
06-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Are those quail eggs?