PDA

View Full Version : "Curtains" for Little Miss Field Day

W3WN
03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Jessie's High School Musical production of "Curtains" started last night. (It's why you won't see much of me during the CQ WPX this year, as the boss "volunteered" me to co-chair & run the Concession stand)

If you're not familiar with the musical, it's a play-within-a-play. A murder mystery; the (bad!!) lead actress for a (bad!!) play is murdered on Opening Night, and the cast & police have to solve the murder, while fixing the play.

Jessie's roll? She plays the bad actress who's the murder victim.
Now, I have to admit, I really enjoyed the performance. I just have one gripe:

I knew she'd get killed off in the first act (otherwise, there is no play). I just didn't expect it to happen in the second scene! (She's still in the rest of the show, sans wig, just as one of the ensemble.) The drama teacher told me that Jessie was the only kid who could pull off playing a "bad" actress, well, which is why she got the roll... which is a shame, because she could have done any of the actress rolls as well or better than the other kids who were cast. (I don't ENTIRELY believe that, when I'm being objective & not a parent, but hey! at least she got something)

Now, if anyone is in the area over the weekend, performances tonight & tomorrow night (3/28 & 3/29)

PA5COR
03-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Bit too far to drive and swim for me....
Glad to see you as happy parent and so "objective" :mrgreen:
Looks good though, have fun all of you there and "hals und beinbruch" for little Miss fieldday ;)

W9JEF
03-28-2014, 10:21 AM

Did you tell her "Break a leg!" (figuratively)? ;)

KG4CGC
03-28-2014, 12:24 PM
I had the boss volunteer me for a gig. She didn't even realize she did it. She didn't even realize she never mentioned anything to me.
Told her she was batshit.

And that's how I got my own room.

W3WN
03-28-2014, 01:43 PM

Did you tell her "Break a leg!" (figuratively)? ;)Don't be silly. :sarcasm:

Actually, I couldn't resist, this morning.

LMFD gets up at 6:15 for school (bus picks her up at 7:10, so she has to be out the door by 7). But she was up late, as they had a cast party at a Denny's (I know, but not my choice), and she didn't get home until after midnight.

"Are you awake?"
"Dad... (she groans)... I'm tired!"

5 minutes later...
"You awake in there?"
Another groan.

And then I said... "Hey! Jessica Crenshaw!" (character's name) "Time to rise from the dead!"

I got a pillow chucked at me. But she was smiling when she got up.

N2NH
03-28-2014, 04:28 PM
I have to say that I am impressed with the costumes and the lighting. If the rest of the play is up to those standards that would be even more impressive. The XYL did drama in college and she is impressed too. "I love the set." sez NHE.

WØTKX
03-28-2014, 04:40 PM
I had the boss volunteer me for a gig. She didn't even realize she did it. She didn't even realize she never mentioned anything to me.
Told her she was batshit.

And that's how I got my own room.

http://i.imgur.com/odGK3CA.jpg

KG4CGC
03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/odGK3CA.jpg

Yep! My room, my bed, my computer, my radios, my TV programs (she watches various fashion and make over shows and their reruns) my noise, my hours.
Why is it, that I can eat crackers in bed and nary a crumb falls? But when she eats in bed ...

KG4CGC
03-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Sorry, Ron.

Please continue.