PDA

View Full Version : Pat MHZ

NQ6U
03-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Pat's back in the hospital for surgery on his aorta. That's all I know right now.

K7SGJ
03-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Damn, I wish him well.

N2CHX
03-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Positive thoughts for Pat.

suddenseer
03-18-2014, 11:08 AM
I will refrain from the smart-ass jokes until he is back home taking care of the radio museum. I wish you all the best Pat. Fare thee well..........

PA5COR
03-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Not good news then, hope he pulls through...

KG4CGC
03-18-2014, 11:33 AM
He was posting on QRZ as of 15 minutes ago. I'm confused.

W3WN
03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Pat posted Over Yonder as recently today as 1616 Z: http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?428227-Good-luck-WA6MHZ!&p=3125269#post3125269

He was in for a procedure a week ago. Maybe the Pope is looking at the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian, or something like that? (Hey, at least we're thinking positive here)

I really hope he didn't take a sudden turn for the worse. If he did, though, I'd think that She Who Is Jealous That She Got Kicked Out & Not Allowed Back Ever would have posted something Over Yonder by now... like her or not, she is good for that much.

N8YX
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Hope this is a false alarm and he's doing well...

N2NH
03-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, here, there or anywhere, get well soon Pat.

wa6mhz
03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes. YES had another surgery just like I did back in December That time it was an ER ROOM VISIT, I made it through just fine, bu did have some troublewith some stufff called DElaudid. That is some wicked stuff!!! NOW I can't copy CW ANYMORE, BLEW OUT THOSE CIRCUITS!!!going to have to relearn it from 5WPM!I was up to almost 20! and could copy my call at 35WPM! BUT now I can barely get passed 10WPM! SO It really did me in!!!But otherwiseI am OK Now. Again thanks for all the kind thoughts!

NA4BH
03-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Get better Pat, sounds like you need a little get well present.

K7SGJ
03-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Get better Pat, sounds like you need a little get well present.

Katy bar the door, or should I say Kitty bar the door?

KG4CGC
03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Hey, Pat! Nothing but tofu and oatmeal and liquid protein for you until you can move up to carrots and Kalamata olives, unbrined.
You taking your fishy pills and CoQ10?

W5BRM
03-20-2014, 08:16 PM
as an ER ROOM VISIT, I made it through just fine, bu did have some troublewith some stufff called DElaudid. That is some wicked stuff!!! NOW I can't copy CW ANYMORE, BLEW OUT THOSE CIRCUITS!!!going to have to relearn it from 5WPM!

I agree about that Delaudid. When I was in the hospital back in 2012 for surgery, they had me on that stuff for 17 days! Then once I got out of the hospital, they had me on Oxycodone i think it was for another 3 weeks. It took me over a month to get over the DT shakes from that. I agree about it blowing out the circuits. It's been 2 years and I still don't feel the same as I did presurgery. There are times when I find it very hard to concentrate since all that happened. Same with holding a conversation. i know WHAT i want to say but getting it out gets difficult. words are hard to assemble into a coherent sentence sometimes. Most annoying. I think thats also why I dont post much since I've returned to the Island as well.

K7SGJ
03-20-2014, 08:31 PM
I agree about that Delaudid. When I was in the hospital back in 2012 for surgery, they had me on that stuff for 17 days! Then once I got out of the hospital, they had me on Oxycodone i think it was for another 3 weeks. It took me over a month to get over the DT shakes from that. I agree about it blowing out the circuits. It's been 2 years and I still don't feel the same as I did presurgery. There are times when I find it very hard to concentrate since all that happened. Same with holding a conversation. i know WHAT i want to say but getting it out gets difficult. words are hard to assemble into a coherent sentence sometimes. Most annoying. I think thats also why I dont post much since I've returned to the Island as well.

I'm that way all the time, and I've never had the stuff.