PDA

View Full Version : Crown Moulding

X-Rated
03-09-2014, 02:10 PM
No, my crown isn't molding yet.

Anyone use that crown moulding (https://www.invitinghome.com/store/product.php?productid=22613&gclid=CP6fxtCShr0CFc9AMgodamUAkA) similar to this silly link? Putting this stuff up there where it hangs on at a 45 degree angle and the corner of the ceiling is about an inch and a half from the moulding?

Anyway it's a beyotch. I have a scheme that works so far. But this is a real pain. :rant:

NA4BH
03-09-2014, 02:16 PM
With crown moulding you have to cut backwards and upside down. It is a pain. Call the man to do it.

X-Rated
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I understand the cutting. I have a mitre saw. It's when you want to place it on the ceiling and the XYL say no nails are to show.

X-Rated
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't have any money to call the man with anyway.

KK4AMI
03-09-2014, 02:24 PM
I put up crown molding and a fireplace surround. I bought a cheap power miter saw from a Chinese tool company catalog outta Chicago. Also you need finishing nails, liquid nail, a partner and two 8 ft folding ladders. Then you seriously need to think about hiring somebody :)

K7SGJ
03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Piece of cake.

W3WN
03-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I understand the cutting. I have a mitre saw. It's when you want to place it on the ceiling and the XYL say no nails are to show.Simple. Finishing nails & a nail punch to put them below the surface, then a touch of colored/stained wood filler to cover.

...yes, I hate putting it up too, and yes, I have a miter saw...

X-Rated
03-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Simple. Finishing nails & a nail punch to put them below the surface, then a touch of colored/stained wood filler to cover.

...yes, I hate putting it up too, and yes, I have a miter saw...

Excellent. My ceiling is that spackled garbage and nails going from the crown moulding that would go to the ceiling would be seen in the spackleding gap. So we are going with a glue. Fill all that area in.