PDA

View Full Version : Sheila MacRae, Last Surviving Cast Member of Honeymooners Passes Away.

N2NH
03-08-2014, 01:39 PM
MacRae was 92 and played in the 60's Honeymooner skits...

Sheila MacRae , a veteran stage, film and TV performer best known for playing Alice Kramden in the 1960s re-creation of "The Honeymooners", has died. She was 92.
The actress died Thursday at the Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, N.J., MacRae's granddaughter, Allison Mullavey, told the Associated Press on Friday.
A singer, dancer and actress, she was married to "Oklahoma" star Gordon MacRae for 26 years and they appeared together in 1964 on "The Ed Sullivan Show" when the Beatles were featured.

In an earlier version, Audrey Meadows starred with Jackie Gleason as lovebirds and sparring partners Ralph and Alice Kramden in "The Honeymooners." Sheila MacRae replaced Meadows as Alice in a later version from 1966-70 on "The Jackie Gleason Show."

From a time when we still had actresses.

Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54612478/ns/local_news-charleston_sc/t/actress-sheila-macrae-honeymooners-dies/#.UxtjrIWwXwp)

n0iu
03-08-2014, 01:50 PM
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/alice_zpsacb6eac8.jpg

"One of these days Alice..."

N1LAF
03-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Joyce Randolph, who played 'Trixie', wife of Ed Norton (character), is still alive today at age 89, so she is actually the lone survivor of the 'Honeymoon' tv show.

K7SGJ
03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I still enjoy the reruns of the original show. It still cracks me up when Norton goes to sign something and takes forever, and pisses Ralph off.

n2ize
03-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Joyce Randolph, who played 'Trixie', wife of Ed Norton (character), is still alive today at age 89, so she is actually the lone survivor of the 'Honeymoon' tv show.

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing. Joyce Randolph is still alive and she is the last surviving member.

Incidentally, a little piece of trivia. Art Carney who played Ed Norton was living in my current neighborhood during the years he was active as Norton on the Honeymooners. He owned a house a couple of blocks from me and some of the old timers from the neighborhood remember him. He had 2 kids attending the local public school here and he was routinely seen walking to the local New York Central train station in the mornings to head into the city to work on the TV show,

N2NH
03-08-2014, 06:48 PM
She is the last surviving member of the 60s cast according to the article. Sorry I didn't make that clear, but there's only so much room for the title.