PDA

View Full Version : QRP VHF/UHF tansmitter for $35? Sure.

KC2UGV
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/raspberrypi_projects/blog/2014/01/27/pi-noir-and-catch-santa-challenge--the-dutch-way

I think I posted something about this before, but this person put together an entire SSTV package :)

X-Rated
03-08-2014, 09:02 PM
So cool.

kb2vxa
03-10-2014, 09:05 AM
OK, but it looks like an awful lot of hoops to jump through when there are plenty of digital sound card driven software packages out there that include SSTV. What puzzles me is why eliminate sidebands when they carry the information? Here's an image I captured in 2003 on 20M back at my old QTH where I had antennas, you can see it's small with low resolution as it is. I really shouldn't complain, the old yellow Robot image you could barely see in complete darkness nearly faded off the screen before the scan was complete. Then there was RTTY where you had to modify a VFO for FSK and use a TTY terminal with plungers for keys, printed all caps on paper and made the devil's own noise doing it... but I digress.

Hams are like cigarettes for women; Vagina Slimes "You've come a long way baby."

KC2UGV
03-10-2014, 09:10 AM
OK, but it looks like an awful lot of hoops to jump through when there are plenty of digital sound card driven software packages out there that include SSTV.

Because this runs on 5W total package.

What puzzles me is why eliminate sidebands when they carry the information?

I think he means the harmonics.

N2CHX
03-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm def going to be using a Pi to take with me to Lake Ontario with me this summer on the Ninja.

N8YX
03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm def going to be using a Pi to take with me to Lake Ontario with me this summer on the Ninja.
Did you ride to work today?

N2CHX
03-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Did you ride to work today?

Nope. Wish I did, but I need to get it serviced before I can ride it anymore. Needs an oil change and new tires. We're selling the one Ninja and I'm taking some of the money from that to put into mine.

N8YX
03-10-2014, 10:52 AM
I'll post pix later of my spot in the lot - first time since 11/15 that any of them have been out of the garage under their own power.

34mi going up (40min) and 38mi coming home (about the same time). Traffic dictates the morning and afternoon routes. No hamming - yet. I need to get a Bluetooth helmet headest and some other things before I can operate the FTM10-SR while underway.

N2CHX
03-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I'll post pix later of my spot in the lot - first time since 11/15 that any of them have been out of the garage under their own power.

34mi going up (40min) and 38mi coming home (about the same time). Traffic dictates the morning and afternoon routes. No hamming - yet. I need to get a Bluetooth helmet headest and some other things before I can operate the FTM10-SR while underway.

If you come across a good, noise cancelling helmet headset that doesn't cost half the price of a new bike, let me know.

N2ADV
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
My SV isn't even uncovered yet. Sled is still out...