PDA

View Full Version : Now that Im a big bad Extra...

w3bny
03-05-2014, 02:50 PM
and got the dx chasing bug, I am becoming more and more a fan of split operation. O..M..GAWD. I have heard some of the most horrendous operating techniques from stations that do not work split. Like during this past ARRL/?? disease. Especially when the president of the ARRL was on the air. That sh*t was so sad it was funny. Ops yelling just there last letter some hick from Kentulky bitching about how he must be working split because he's hitting him with almost 2kw... or the guy that gets the DX/celebrity "t h a n k y o u f o r t a k i n g m y s t a t i o n"...then goes into his homemade g5rv up 2feet in a slope configuration...and how he's a life member...my cat....as well as the 5 minute exchange November Xray? Negative...November Yankee.. Noooovember Zanzibar? YANKEE...YANKEE.. Mexico? BRAVO NOVEMBER YANKEE... go thru the whole freeking non standard phonetic combinations then... UR 59 in umbweebweestan.... Ah dunno.. Just a new Extra rant.

NQ6U
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
and got the dx chasing bug, I am becoming more and more a fan of split operation. O..M..GAWD. I have heard some of the most horrendous operating techniques from stations that do not work split. Like during this past ARRL/?? disease. Especially when the president of the ARRL was on the air. That sh*t was so sad it was funny. Ops yelling just there last letter some hick from Kentulky bitching about how he must be working split because he's hitting him with almost 2kw... or the guy that gets the DX/celebrity "t h a n k y o u f o r t a k i n g m y s t a t i o n"...then goes into his homemade g5rv up 2feet in a slope configuration...and how he's a life member...my cat....as well as the 5 minute exchange November Xray? Negative...November Yankee.. Noooovember Zanzibar? YANKEE...YANKEE.. Mexico? BRAVO NOVEMBER YANKEE... go thru the whole freeking non standard phonetic combinations then... UR 59 in umbweebweestan.... Ah dunno.. Just a new Extra rant.

Hey, you heard me! Want a QSL card?

kb2vxa
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Hey Ren, don't be such a stranger! We thought you went into hiding again and missed our furry.. again!

Now that you're a big fat Extra, going on a diet would help you fit down the bunny hole. You'll freeze to death above ground in this abominable weather! Seriously, (Who, ME?) I've heard the same lids plaguing your sanity, they'll never learn, so you'll just have to put up with it. BTW, a sense of humor is the best cure for frustration.

Here's a helpful hint for catching DX working split, leave your receive VFO on his frequency, and using your transmit VFO temporarily for receive tune around the range where the DX is listening. When you find the station he's talking with wait for him to sign, INSTANTLY switch it to transmit and call the DX station before he has a chance to tune around looking for another big gun blasting over the rest. Coat tailing the last station usually works, back when I was at K2PG I filled his log that way. Transmitting blind most assuredly leaves you at the bottom of the dog pile.

KG4CGC
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Now that you're a big fat hairy Extra ...

... you'll need to go to the Swamp and ask how to build a dye pole.

w3bny
03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Now that you're a big fat hairy Extra ...

... you'll need to go to the Swamp and ask how to build a dye pole.

Im not that hairy... X|

X-Rated
03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
A yoggie then?

KG4CGC
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Im not that hairy... X|

Well, the point is, Extras asking how to build die-polls.

I am not "pelt-like" either. The Scots-Irish genes take over as one gets older. I was however, born as a monkey.

X-Rated
03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
... I was however, born as a monkey monkee.

http://www.8notes.com/wiki/images/4kees.jpg

Pretty impressive. Which one?

W3WN
03-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Definitely need to work you.

Catch me when I'm out cruizin'

... on the WARC bands looking for W1AW/xx stations, along with DX...