PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Fedora

n2ize
03-04-2014, 05:47 PM
I am planning to upgrade my system from Fedora 19 to the latest Fedora 20. In the past I always did reinstalls. However, since Fedora upgrades are so frequent I'd like to keep the systems relatively current and upgrading via network should be easier, faster, and make my life easier in general.

Based on the fedora documentation there are 2 upgrade methods. One is straight forward upgrading using "yum". However this method isn't officially recommended by the Fedora project although many users claim it works well. The other method that the project recommends is using the "Fedora Upgrader" aka "FedUP'.

Just wondering if anyone here has used either method and which do you prefer. Has anyone tried FedUp in place of Yum for upgrading and, if so did it work well ? If not , how did it work out ? I am hoping that if I decide to use FedUp I don't end up getting fed up !! ;)

W2NAP
03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
I did FedUP. from 19 to 20. it worked ok for me.

n2ize
03-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I did FedUP. from 19 to 20. it worked ok for me.

Okay, that sounds good. Did the process go smoothly ? Did you run into any major problems ?

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Huh, by the title I thought you were getting a new derby.

W2NAP
03-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Okay, that sounds good. Did the process go smoothly ? Did you run into any major problems ?

went 100% fine for me. just took awhile with my crappy inet connection. (but it wasnt fedup fault)

n2ize
03-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Okay thanks., guess I'll give it a whirl. :)