PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH CALLS-SIGN LOOKUP ON FLDIGI

W6PJJ
03-04-2014, 04:19 AM
I have encountered a problem with FLDIGI after running it for nearly 2 years. It is running on a iMac Computer and has performed flawlessly up to two days ago. I noticed that when I put the cursor over a call-sign and right click to do a call lookup... I no longer get the prompt that asks for a call-sign lookup. If I select the call-sign and insert it into the Call-sign cell then use the Globe lookup it works fine. I looked over all the setup to ensure that nothing was changed that might cause this problem but, everything looked fine. We have gone over the manual, posted at another site but have not found the answer to this problem. I am hoping that someone else has encountered this same problem and can provide me with some tips or a solution.

73's Don

W6PJJ

W2NAP
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
what version do you have. I got 3.21.74 Linux and my call lookup works fine (using HamQTH)

WN9HJW
03-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Did you check out all the suggestions made at the other site?

In particular, is the Callsign DB tab in the configuration menu set up correctly for QRZ lookups?

If you're relying on QRZ lookup via internet (i.e. without a subscription) you should have the box checked that says "QRZ online via default internet browser". If you're using HamCall or Callbook, check the appropriate box. If you have a paid subscription to the database enter your user/password information.

Remember to Save the changes before closing the configuration popup.

NQ6U
03-04-2014, 10:56 AM
On Mac OS X, Fldigi puts an invisible directory (folder) labeled .fldigi at the root level of your home directory. You can force the Finder to show it by using the Show Config item from the File menu. Try moving the fldigi.prefs file out of the folder and then restarting Fldigi. That might take care of the problem.

ON EDIT: You will have to re-enter all your personal data—call sign, location etc. after you do this.

W6PJJ
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Gents:

Thanks for the responses. We have tried every suggestion in the book. What is very interesting here... is the fact that I have not made any changes to the configuration of FLDIGI on this Computer, this anomaly showed up out of the Blue. We will resolve this in time.

Tnx Agn.

73's Don W6PJJ

NQ6U
03-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Have you tried repairing permissions using Disk Utility?

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
You might want to try astronomy.

N8YX
03-05-2014, 07:48 AM
What language is FLDIGI written in? Does it use any form of Java?

W6PJJ
03-07-2014, 08:09 PM
You might want to try astronomy.

Sir:

Do you believe that your comment is constructive... and relative to the topic?

Don W6PJJ

WX7P
03-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Sir:

Don W6PJJ

That's just Eddie. He's not a bad guy. He's like the funny uncle in the corner or Hugo in the attic waiting for his fish heads!:yes:

W6PJJ
03-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Have you tried repairing permissions using Disk Utility?

Sir:

Yes, that was one of the first measures I took but, it did not change anything. I may have to resort to a re-install of FLDIGI.
Tnx,

Don W6PJJ

K7SGJ
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Sir:

Don W6PJJ

Well, yeah, for me it is.

You need to lighten up a little and not take everything so personally. I'd be more than happy to apologize if I offended you, and, if it would make you smile and be happy again.

w6tmi
03-10-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm assuming a right click hookup is the same as the globe look-up? I actually just starting trying this this weekend, and haven't tried a right click look-up. Also mine's the PC version.
If not, maybe data source for 1 changed?