PDA

View Full Version : A general welcome.

KB3LAZ
03-01-2014, 08:39 AM
By having a look at the bottom of the page I see we have more than a few new members. Also, having checked profiles I see that many of you have yet to post. Jump in and get your feet wet. Most of us don't bite, hard. Welcome aboard, the first round of drinks is on me. However, it might be best if they are made by the barkeep as my mixology is just awful.

I will even share my secret stash. Drink at your own discretion.

K7SGJ
03-01-2014, 08:55 AM
By having a look at the bottom of the page I see we have more than a few new members. Also, having checked profiles I see that many of you have yet to post. Jump in and get your feet wet. Most of us don't bite, hard. Welcome aboard, the first round of drinks is on me. However, it might be best if they are made by the barkeep as my mixology is just awful.

I will even share my secret stash. Drink at your own discretion.

That's not the one with "Billy Bob Blood" that Angelina used wear around her neck, is it? Strange she is

n0iu
03-01-2014, 09:02 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/GUARDIAN/Pix/pictures/2011/8/26/1314370579536/Muammar-Gaddafi-saluting--007.jpg

I would say this is a general welcome, but he is only a colonel! I never understood why he didn't promote himself to general?

KB3LAZ
03-01-2014, 09:18 AM
That's not the one with "Billy Bob Blood" that Angelina used wear around her neck, is it? Strange she is

I have no idea. Random google image.

N2NH
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Yes, welcome. I don't bite.

much. But the good news is I've had my shots. :yes:

KG4CGC
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/Copy_of_IMG_01731_zpsd1f9f3ae.jpg

KB3LAZ
03-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes, welcome. I don't bite.

much. But the good news is I've had my shots. :yes:

Twice.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/Copy_of_IMG_01731_zpsd1f9f3ae.jpg

Now that is presentation.

W9JEF
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
:(:(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PvxegiEaq3k/UUTiWrSa36I/AAAAAAAAiI4/BbFJTdG2_UU/s1600/lament.jpg

KB3LAZ
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
:(:(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PvxegiEaq3k/UUTiWrSa36I/AAAAAAAAiI4/BbFJTdG2_UU/s1600/lament.jpg

Deja vu was an awful movie.

W9JEF
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Deja vu was an awful movie.

So the advertisers all backed out?

ad4mg
03-01-2014, 10:51 AM
As stated elsewhere, we welcome all licensed amateur radio operators to join our forums. We also make special arrangements for those not yet licensed, but with an interest in the hobby. Please read the announcement at the top of our index page for all of the information concerning registration. Also, the hope is that everyone arrives here with a clean slate.

There are a few things to note for our guests reading this that plan on registering:

1. Please, please use your amateur radio call sign as your user name. Anonymous sign-ups will very likely be denied. Our members insist on knowing who they are conversing with, and our site is member driven and supported.

2. Read the rules. This will prevent lots of misunderstandings: HamIsland Forum Rules (https://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/14918-HamIsland-Forum-Rules)

3. If you show up here to join the group, you will be welcomed. If you show up here with malicious intentions, it isn't going to take us long to rid ourselves of you. The Island is touted as an adult forum, where adults of any age may exchange ideas and opinions. Act like an adult, and you will be treated like one. Act like a child and suffer the consequences. We like it here, it's not always peaceful, and it's far from perfect, but this is a tight-knit group that doesn't take kindly to strangers soiling the hut floors.

4. We don't like hate speech here. Bigotry and racism are not tolerated. Heated discussion, in the proper forums, is encouraged.

5. Read the forum descriptions. They will inform you as to what type of content is allowed in each forum. You may pitch a fit in the political forum, but stir up a stink in our General Chat or technical forums and pay the price.

6. You really have to work hard to get banned from this place, but we will make exceptions for the belligerent, arrogant, and trollish.

Above all, have fun, but avoid doing it at someone else's expense.

W9JEF
03-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Admittedly, I miss some of my old friends (as well as those who took exception my views).

Been here since Thanksgiving, but just the other day, discovered

the thread where new inhabitants can properly introduce themselves:

https://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/2142-Intros?p=580116#post580116

NQ6U
03-01-2014, 12:15 PM
http://www.hellhappens.com/satan-3-by-jack-chick.gif

And welcome to the Island, newcomers! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

K7SGJ
03-01-2014, 12:50 PM
And welcome to the Island, newcomers!

http://www.hellhappens.com/satan-3-by-jack-chick.gif

Bwa ha ha ha ha!

You really have to do something about those nails, you horny old bastid.

N2CHX
03-01-2014, 02:56 PM
3. If you show up here to join the group, you will be welcomed. If you show up here with malicious intentions, it isn't going to take us long to rid ourselves of you. The Island is touted as an adult forum, where adults of any age may exchange ideas and opinions. Act like an adult, and you will be treated like one. Act like a child and suffer the consequences. We like it here, it's not always peaceful, and it's far from perfect, but this is a tight-knit group that doesn't take kindly to strangers soiling the hut floors.

We're adults, but sometimes we act like children :snicker:

Seriously, this is usually one of the most fun places to hang out on the interwebs, IMO.

4. We don't like hate speech here. Bigotry and racism are not tolerated. Heated discussion, in the proper forums, is encouraged.

Thank you for posting that, Luke. You beat me to it. This is the one BIG difference between this place and other forums. The rules are a lot more relaxed in good ways, but if you come here expecting to be able to bash LGBT people, people who's skin is a different color than yours, or think that you're going to be able to bash us over the head with a holy book and not get taken to task for it... You're gonna be in for a big surprise and you definitely won't last here. Just long enough to be a dick, get banned and then run off to some other forum and whine about how your intolerance wasn't tolerated :roll:

W2NAP
03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
bash us over the head with a holy book

Praise JEBUS?

kb2vxa
03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Kel, you have an odd habit of echoing what I haven't said. That's taking my old tape pre-echo to the ultimate!

"We're adults, but sometimes we act like children."
Sometimes? I have a habit of taking my second childhood to the max and I love it.

"Seriously, this is usually one of the most fun places to hang out on the interwebs, IMO."
Deliriously, this is always THE most fun place for me to hang myself in OR out. Ducks having their interwebs on the ground is the only reason I manage to survive.

"...bash LGBT people..."
If I should bash a friend I let my feelings (;->) show.

"...people who's skin is a different color than yours..."
Those I hate with a purple passion are greenies out to destroy the planet. Little green men from Mars are OK though.

"...or think that you're going to be able to bash us over the head with a holy book..."
I've already been bashed over the head with the Radio Amateur Handbook (before it became a machinist's manual) and the National Electrical Code, I learned something. Getting bashed with one on religion, often used as a weapon is another matter.

"Just long enough to be a dick (or a vagina we know and love), get banned and then run off to some other forum and whine about how your intolerance wasn't tolerated."
Some don't even last THAT long before getting the bum's rush!

From Luke:
"Heated discussion, in the proper forums, is encouraged."
Yeah, so I've noticed. (;->)

suddenseer
03-02-2014, 06:40 AM
What others left out is, Islanders are just effin kewl. The other place has it's good points, but Islanders are kewl. Even the nasty old koots here are kewl.

N2NH
03-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Praise JEBUS?

Reince Priebus.

kb2vxa
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
"Even the nasty old koots here are kewl."
Aw gee. <blush>

John, you'll confuse the hell out of everybody with that picture taken at Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park West in Flatbush, Brooklyn. WWDJ was a Bible beater in Hack n' suck NJ alright, only it swapped callsigns with their sister station in Boston in 2008 and became a Spanish Babble beater, then the station in Hack n' suck changed to WNYM. Bostonians are even more confused after all the changes THEIR station went through since 1936, unbelievable!

Grand Army Plaza, you don't have to go to Paris to see the Arc de Triomphe.

N2NH
03-03-2014, 06:30 AM
"Even the nasty old koots here are kewl."
Aw gee. <blush>

John, you'll confuse the hell out of everybody with that picture taken at Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park West in Flatbush, Brooklyn. WWDJ was a Bible beater in Hack n' suck NJ alright, only it swapped callsigns with their sister station in Boston in 2008 and became a Spanish Babble beater, then the station in Hack n' suck changed to WNYM. Bostonians are even more confused after all the changes THEIR station went through since 1936, unbelievable!

Grand Army Plaza, you don't have to go to Paris to see the Arc de Triomphe.

I worked at Mays, the Department store advertised on the front of the bus, and I worked at WPAT down the road from my friends job at WWDJ. It was sky pilot material then, but when that pic was taken, WWDJ 970 was the biggest AM rocker in the area. Great station for 3 years. They beat out powerhouse WABC for a short while then threw in the towel. Word was that they couldn't quite keep up to FCC specs so they went religious. They're now WNYM 970 and WWDJ is now 1150.

Who knew?

W5BIB
03-03-2014, 07:25 PM
HELLO TEST...
testing testing.................:popcorn:

KG4CGC
03-03-2014, 07:30 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/40d83c57.jpg

KB3LAZ
03-03-2014, 07:55 PM
HELLO TEST...

Test confirmed.

K7SGJ
03-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Test confirmed.

Sorry, only our Pope can preform a confirmation around here.

kb2vxa
03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Be sure you pronounce it correctly; test-ing, not test-tickling, such pronunciation may be misunderstood.

August 20, 2001

Mr. Timothy M. Smith
RFD 3 Box 3695
Skowhegan, ME 04976

Re: Warning Notice: Amateur Radio license WA1HLR

Dear Mr. Smith:

The Commission has reviewed monitoring information from your station on July 26 and 27, 2001 on 3.885 MHz. The transmissions from your station indicate an alarming lack of understanding of the basis and purpose of the Amateur Radio Service. The transmissions are characterized by sound effects such as belching, coughing directly into the microphone, and sound effects of other bodily functions probably best left undescribed. Furthermore, the repeated transmission of "testicle-ing" is not only juvenile but absurd as well.

There is no place in the Amateur Radio Service for the conduct reflected in the transmissions. It degrades the Service for other users and will not be tolerated. Please review Sections 97.1 (basis and purpose of Amateur Radio), 97.101 (general standards) and 97.113 (prohibited transmissions) of the rules.

Section 308(b) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, gives the Commission the authority to obtain information from a licensee regarding the operation of his station. Accordingly, you are requested to respond to this letter within 20 days of its date. Please be advised that if this type of operation is not corrected, we will take enforcement action against your license, ranging from proceedings to restrict your operation to non-voice modes to designation of your renewal application for an administrative hearing to determine whether it should be granted.

Tape recordings of the transmissions described above are available should you need to review them. Finally, you may also wish to review Section 95 of our rules, which sets forth other, less regulated, radio services available to you.

Sincerely,

W. Riley Hollingsworth

Special Counsel

cc: FCC Northeastern Regional Director

NQ6U
03-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Sorry, only our Pope can preform a confirmation around here.

Domini Domini Domini [splash a little holy water on him and hope it doesn't burn].

Okay, he's confirmed as a nice Catholic boy now. Have at him.

KB3LAZ
03-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Domini Domini Domini [splash a little holy water on him and hope it doesn't burn].

Okay, he's confirmed as a nice Catholic boy now. Have at him.

Watch where you re splashing that stuff.:sadgoodbye:

suddenseer
03-04-2014, 07:28 AM
HELLO TEST...
Welcome to our friendly shores. Relax, have a drink (the Island Bartender will be back shortly) I like my popcorn with a splash of coconut oil. I am to see you here Enjoy!!

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Watch where you re splashing that stuff.:sadgoodbye:

I drank some of it, and now I can piss from my third tentacle.

AC6AT
03-04-2014, 06:09 PM
By having a look at the bottom of the page I see we have more than a few new members. Also, having checked profiles I see that many of you have yet to post. Jump in and get your feet wet.

Wellllllll, all right then.

WØTKX
03-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Damn, that was a cannonball from a great height achieved by climbing the ladder of lurking.

SplooooooosH! Now be cool, and don't climb outa da pool too fast. :giggity:

The Pope gave his blessing, man. :evil:

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Damn, that was a cannonball from a great height achieved by climbing the ladder of lurking.

SplooooooosH! Now be cool, and don't climb outa da pool too fast. :giggity:

The Pope gave his blessing, man. :evil:

Yeah, and the next thing you know, he'll be taking the FNGs up to see the volcano.

AC6AT
03-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Caol Ila neat, thanks very much.

So how much crapola do I have to generate before I move up from "Lurker" status?

[EDIT: Didn't take long to find out the answer to that one. Now what do I do with all this leftover crapola?]

WØTKX
03-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Fling the poop, duh? :mrgreen:

WX7P
03-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Caol Ila neat, thanks very much.

So how much crapola do I have to generate before I move up from "Lurker" status?

[EDIT: Didn't take long to find out the answer to that one. Now what do I do with all this leftover crapola?]

EWWW, LA!

Signed,
Native of the Bay Area (Fremont)

Ok, flinging complete!

KG4CGC
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Cougar wrangling at the Margarita fountain.
Keep drinking. You're only 2 shots away from from falling in love ... for a night.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/429514855_c5ee182e98.jpg

K7SGJ
03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Keep drinking. You're only 2 shots away from from falling in love ... for a night.

I think I'd rather bang the fountain..

NA4BH
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM

That looks like the urinal at a NASCAR race.

NQ6U
03-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Hey! You shouldn't talk that way! She's probably a really nice lady.

K7SGJ
03-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Huh, until you mentioned it, I didn't notice it only swirled to the left. Who Gnu?

NA4BH
03-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I hope that that lady is not someone's special love interest, but her head is fscked up. It's BIG. There, I said it. The dude on the right side has to be an amateur operator, he's feeling lucky and has to figure a way to move out of mom's basement and patch up the holes where the coax came through the walls.

KG4CGC
03-05-2014, 11:26 PM

Where the men stand in a circle facing each other?
I'll stay home.

NA4BH
03-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Where the men stand in a circle facing each other?
I'll stay home.

So now they have to look for a new pivot man. Who gnu.

KG4CGC
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Hey! You shouldn't talk that way! She's probably a really nice lady.

Probably rock your freakin' world.

NA4BH
03-05-2014, 11:38 PM
But can she fajita? The world needs to know.

KG4CGC
03-05-2014, 11:51 PM
She drained the Margarita fountain. What do you think?
FUH JIY TA!

NA4BH
03-05-2014, 11:52 PM
She drained the Margarita fountain. What do you think?
FUH JIY TA!

She COULD rock your world, indeed.