PDA

View Full Version : This is some really scary stuff. I hope they get a handle on it quickly.

K7SGJ
02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
I wonder why it is localized to California? I just hope they can figure out how to stop it before any more little kids get hit with it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/polio-illness-mystery-california-22643934

PA5COR
02-25-2014, 10:44 AM
I bet every doctor is on that one.
Hope the kids get fully recovery though...

N2NH
02-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I heard about this. Right now they're saying it will not spread, but they've said that before and been wrong. Hope they find a way to cure it. I wonder if it's a mutation of polio?

PA5COR
02-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Might be, but that is all guesswork.
Hope they find out soon what it is, and more important, a good cure...

kb2vxa
02-26-2014, 10:42 PM
They found out it's closely related but resistant to the vaccine. It can be stopped however, if it's recognized in the very early stages, but the trouble is the new generation of doctors who don't recognize it.
"Until officials get more information, Seward said they are not looking around the country for similar cases of EV-68."
THAT'S a big problem, it should be taken more seriously so they HAVE more information. Looks like the typical paradox, how more many kids will have to become crippled before they wise up?