PDA

View Full Version : Drivers, start your Butt Hurt! WAAAAAHHHH!

KJ3N
02-25-2014, 10:29 AM
ARRL DX SSB is just around the corner.

http://www.arrl.org/arrl-dx

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/318/507/080.jpg

N2CHX
02-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Damn contesters :snicker:

NQ6U
02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Damn contesters :snicker:

They is gonna be the ruination of ham radio. Actually, one particular Delaware troglodyte is gonna be the ruination of ham radio all by hiself.

W3WN
02-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Damn contesters :snicker:They is gonna be the ruination of ham radio. Actually, one particular Delaware troglodyte is gonna be the ruination of ham radio all by hiself.You should see what he's done to that poor deceased equine carcass that he's been whompin' on.

KJ3N
02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
They is gonna be the ruination of ham radio. Actually, one particular Delaware troglodyte is gonna be the ruination of ham radio all by hiself.

Trying my best.... :neener:

KJ3N
02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
You should see what he's done to that poor deceased equine carcass that he's been whompin' on.

Says the man holding a baseball bat....

X-Rated
02-25-2014, 04:10 PM
If there is more than one contester, would they be called "contestes"?

KJ3N
02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
If there is more than one contester, would they be called "contestes"?

That takes balls.

kb2vxa
02-25-2014, 04:37 PM
There are always those contest free zones.

W3WN
02-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Says the man holding a baseball bat....The right tool for the right job.

kb2vxa
02-26-2014, 07:22 PM
But which tool will volunteer? YOU, front and center!

n2ize
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
I say screw anyone who doesn't like contesting. I think there should be a 25/7/365 contest on all bands. Hey anti-contesters... you're yesterdays papers...beeyatch. :lol:

KJ3N
03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
"And so, it begins...."

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?426821-contesters-please

W2NAP
03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
MM on 300 is getting tore up by a station (S53M) on 302. I can hear the aggravation in the voice of "net control"

KJ3N
03-01-2014, 05:25 PM
MM on 300 is getting tore up by a station (S53M) on 302. I can hear the aggravation in the voice of "net control"

Is there an actual emergency? If not, too bad.

W2NAP
03-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Is there an actual emergency? If not, too bad.

is there ever an actual emergency? all I have ever heard is the typical check in stuff.

the butthurt is amusing

NQ6U
03-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Maritime traffic has it's own set HF channels (http://www.docksideradio.com/Simplex%20Channels.htm) set aside. There really is no justification for anyone to sit on a ham band frequency other than it gives them a sense of self-importance.

n2ize
03-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I thibnk there are 2 sides to the coin. yes there are some rag chewers who seem to think they "own" the frequency and nobody else has a right to use it or any frequency nearby. Ditto for many net operators. On the other and there are some contesters who are equally bad. Some seem to feel that just because there is a contest going on all operating practices are suspended, such as checking to see if a frequency is in use before calling 'CQ Contest". I feel that both some contesters and some non-contesters alike would do well to take a course in basic radio etiquette and develop a mutual respect for one another and both can co-exist in harmony if they take a better approach and develop a better sense of respect for one another. One mode or style of operation does not preclude another and there is plenty of room for everyone.

K7SGJ
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Maritime traffic has it's own set HF channels (http://www.docksideradio.com/Simplex%20Channels.htm) set aside. There really is no justification for anyone to sit on a ham band frequency other than it gives them a sense of self-importance.

If I'm going to spend any time on the ocean, the last thing I want to hang my life on, is a ham radio. By the time these jerk offs get done fighting over who gets to handle the traffic, my boat would be in Sponge Bobs back yard. These guys are just a bunch of silly whackers trying to carry on another dead tradition.

If I were on any large body of open water, I'd have an HF marine radio, and a sat phone at the very least.

MM, indeed. Pfffft

W3WN
03-03-2014, 09:38 AM
I thibnk there are 2 sides to the coin. yes there are some rag chewers who seem to think they "own" the frequency and nobody else has a right to use it or any frequency nearby. Ditto for many net operators. On the other and there are some contesters who are equally bad. Some seem to feel that just because there is a contest going on all operating practices are suspended, such as checking to see if a frequency is in use before calling 'CQ Contest". I feel that both some contesters and some non-contesters alike would do well to take a course in basic radio etiquette and develop a mutual respect for one another and both can co-exist in harmony if they take a better approach and develop a better sense of respect for one another. One mode or style of operation does not preclude another and there is plenty of room for everyone.You're absolutely right.

The problem is that the induhviduals who compose both sides of the coin, from a problem standpoint, seem to feel that THEIR needs/wants/desires/agendas supersede everyone else's. So when you have a jackass NCS run into a jackass Contester, or a jackass Contester run into a jackass Ragchewer, and neither of the jackasses is willing to blink...

The very same induhviduals who most need to take a course in basic radio etiquette are the very same ones who don't believe that they need to. Or care.

KJ3N
03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
And then we have some folks that are still Butt Hurt a year later, Ron.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?426821-contesters-please&p=3111377#post3111377

:rofl:

W3WN
03-04-2014, 09:11 AM

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?426821-contesters-please&p=3111377#post3111377

:rofl:Some people won't let go of a grudge, will they?

kb2vxa
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM

NQ6U
03-04-2014, 05:07 PM
We should come up with a ham radio version of the Butthurt Report Form.

n2ize
03-04-2014, 05:58 PM

:rofl:

I have been in situations where some rude contesters started calling CQ right on top of an ongoing QSO. Now it is possible they didn't hear us. it is also possible they never bothered to check. So we moved a few kc's away and although we had some annoying QRM we managed to finish our conversation. Was it annoying ? yes. was it rude ? yes, particularly if they knew we were there. Am I going to carry a grudge over it for years later and condemn all contesters ? Certainly not. I learned early on that not everything that happens on ham radio is going to be to my liking and not everything is always going to perfect or polite. Some hams need to learn to just let things go and get over it already. Perhaps they need some hemorrhoid lotion and a softer cushion to sit on... :)

n2ize
03-04-2014, 05:58 PM
You're absolutely right.

The problem is that the induhviduals who compose both sides of the coin, from a problem standpoint, seem to feel that THEIR needs/wants/desires/agendas supersede everyone else's. So when you have a jackass NCS run into a jackass Contester, or a jackass Contester run into a jackass Ragchewer, and neither of the jackasses is willing to blink...

The very same induhviduals who most need to take a course in basic radio etiquette are the very same ones who don't believe that they need to. Or care.

Very well put and very true.

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 08:01 PM
We should come up with a ham radio version of the Butthurt Report Form.

Let's do that.

The first one should obviously be

1. Another Contest Weekend

kb2vxa
03-05-2014, 09:39 PM
"We should come up with a ham radio version of the Butthurt Report Form."

Is that a Papal Bull or just bull? OK guys, may as well get on it, and since the ARRL doesn't shiv a git, submit it for papal approval and one will receive official blessing. Now do you hate contests so much you'll hate an Island Butt Hurt Form contest too?

Contests are notorious for lids doing every sort of lidish nonsense in a mad dash to rack up points, even sane contesters hate them. AMers hate rude and disrespectful slopbucketeers as it is and have no choice but to abandon the AM windows during contests, even the WA1HLR slop bucket eliminator (SBE, not to be confused with the Society of Broadcast Engineers) can't discourage them. Oh, for an interesting read Google it. No sense getting upset, even less in holding a grudge, that's what the WARC bands are for.

Another Contest Weekend
Sung to the tune of Manic Monday, The Bangles

It's just another manic contest
I wish it were a hamfest
'Cause that's my fun day
My eyes are dry on that day
But it's just another manic cry day

Have to catch an early train
To get away from this pain
And if I had an aeroplane
An aero mobile would be a worse pain
'Cause it takes no brain to figure out what I'm gonna hear
Blame it on the contesters
But the lids are already there
(So I sit here pulling out my hair)

n0iu
03-22-2014, 07:26 PM
One more week of peace before the rants begin again...

The 2014 CQ World-Wide WPX Contest
SSB: March 29–30, 2014
Starts: 0000 UTC Saturday Ends: 2359 UTC Sunday

I just checked my hyper-accurate propagation prediction program and it appears as if conditions will be excellent on 10, 15, 20 and 40 and 80 meters during the contest but strangely enough, there will be absolutely ZERO propagation on the 12 and 17 meters for those 48 hours.... just like it is during every other contest. Propagation will be very good to excellent on 30 meters, but that doesn't count since phone-only operators can't use that band. Sucks to be them!

kb2vxa
03-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Are you addicted to radio? Can't go long without a fix? Then what you need is the TIME release wonder drug, WWV! WWV comes in whatever doses you need, Harmonic 2.5, YL 5, OM 10, Hamfest 15, and Family Feud Size, 20MHz for those times together fighting over the radio! Remember the marvelous TIMES you'll have with WWV, the only way to cope with radio addiction, WWV, available at your local oscillator.

Caution, may be habit forming. One dose of WWV causes flashbacks, ignore any time information you may hear, for accuracy you need another dose of WWV. Long term use may lead to hypnosis, red eye, and tinnitus. Loss of sleep may occur in some individuals. If symptoms persist discontinue use and tune to 14.303MHz.

n0iu
03-22-2014, 11:33 PM
I think WWV is broken! When we set our clocks forward 1 hour for Daylight Saving, WWV did not set their clock forward. Now I'm not sure if I have been logging everything correctly.

kb2vxa
03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Uh oh, I forgot to include loss of mental function in the side effects. Discontinue use before you go completely insane and if symptoms persist see your doctor. I wish you a speedy recovery, log errors cause QSL misinformation and you'll miss important ones unless the other station is also suffering from a WWV overdose. I should also mention that flashbacks are normal, just ignore tones you hear in your head occasionally. They go away after a while, but return from time to time because just one dose of WWV causes them to be permanently etched into your brain. Please ignore any time information you may hear, for accuracy you need another dose of WWV.

n0iu
03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
I bet the chick who does the voice for WWVH is smokin' hot! (At least she is in my dreams)

K7SGJ
03-23-2014, 09:49 PM
I bet the chick who does the voice for WWVH is smokin' hot! (At least she is in my dreams)

Speaking of which, there is a nice sounding YL on 14.260 tearing it up. You'd think she was working QRP from Mars the way the pileup is going.

kb2vxa
03-24-2014, 12:32 AM