PDA

View Full Version : I Call, "BULLSHITE!"

koØm
02-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Delaware Sheriff’s Office Searching For Stolen SWAT Gear

DELAWARE, Ohio - A bullet proof vest.
Night vision goggles.
A Kevlar Helmet.
All of it, and more was stolen from the car of Delaware County SWAT officer.
“We want to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands," says Delaware County Sheriff Russell Martin. His office is offering a reward to help find the equipment. Martin tells 10TV the gear was taken while the officer's car was parked at the Sawmill Lanes Bowling Alley between 6 and 8 p.m. on January 20th.
The SWAT officer said his front window was “smashed out."
The sheriff's department is worried it could be used by someone posing as law enforcement.
“We certainly are concerned anytime law enforcement equipment gear, uniforms fall into the wrong hands"
The sheriff estimates $15,000 worth of equipment was stolen. “It was just unfortunate that someone decided to hit his truck and steal the equipment that was in it.”
Detectives say the parking lot was full at the time, but no one saw the thief, and surveillance video didn't reveal anything.
<snip>
<snip>

WEB EXTRA - List of what was taken
Item #1 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value SWAT entry vest $1200.00
Property Item #2 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model P-mags N/A Description Value AR rifle mags .223 $200.00
Property Item #3 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model glock N/A Description Value glock mag .40 $25.00
Property Item #4 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value drop leg holster $50.00
Property Item #5 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value Nylon Duty Belt $100.00
Property Item #6 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value handcuffs $50.00
Property Item #7 1499 - Other Clothing Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value BDU $150.00
Property Item #8 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A PVS-14 nvmd Description Value Monocular night Vision $4000.00 Property Item #9 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value kevlar Helmet $400.00
Property Item #10 1499 - Other Clothing Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value winter/rain Jacket and pants $350.00 Property Item #11 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value knee pads $50.00
Property Item #12 1499 - Other Clothing Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value Misc. clothing $100.00
Property Item #13 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value brief case $100.00
Property Item #14 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value misc. business Items $50.00
Property Item #15 2408 - Glasses, Sunglasses Manufacturer Model Oakley N/A Description Value Sunglasses $350.00 Property Item #16 1402 - Gloves Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value Entry Gloves $50.00
Property Item #17 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model Leatherman N/A Description Value leatherman tool $40.00
Property Item #18 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model N/A N/A Description Value Radio headset $1000.00
Property Item #19 9999 - Other Manufacturer Model Toyota Tundra Description Value Car window $250.00

LINK (http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/02/24/delaware-county-stolen-swat-gear.html)

Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullllllll-Shit! I don't believe it.

All I would have to say is, "Son this is going to come out of your paycheck!"

X-Rated
02-24-2014, 07:15 PM
I hope good guys stole them.

K7SGJ
02-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Dumb shits. The window wasn't broken out, it was broken in. Unless, of course, it was an "inside" job.

N2NH
02-24-2014, 11:28 PM
This wouldn't have happened if a good guy with a gun was there to wave him off. See, the NRA and R-jr are right.

n2ize
02-25-2014, 01:20 AM
This wouldn't have happened if a good guy with a gun was there to wave him off. See, the NRA and R-jr are right.

Probably wouldn't have. I doubt I'd rob something if there was some guy pointing a loaded gun at me threatening to kill me if I didn't back off. Maybe some people would consider it a bluff and continue the theft and end up getting shot, but me personally, I would back out and get out. Call me a coward but I like to stay alive if possible.

kb2vxa
02-25-2014, 05:58 AM
Oh stop it, start thinking like detectives! What would a SWAT officer be doing with equipment in his truck at a bowling alley when it's kept at HQ? The truck could easily have been parked in a blind spot to cameras but the parking lot is usually busy at that hour so why didn't anybody see it? Because it didn't go down that way!

I can smell BS a mile away in a hurricane so I'm with you Jim, this thing REEKS of it.

koØm
02-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Oh stop it, start thinking like detectives! What would a SWAT officer be doing with equipment in his truck at a bowling alley when it's kept at HQ? The truck could easily have been parked in a blind spot to cameras but the parking lot is usually busy at that hour so why didn't anybody see it? Because it didn't go down that way!

I can smell BS a mile away in a hurricane so I'm with you Jim, this thing REEKS of it.

Thank you!

Please help me and the other Cyber-Crusaders seek the Truth, pursue Justice and restore our vision of 'The American Way'.

http://www.petitions24.com/whats_up_with_this

We can't do this without you, your concerns are paramount.

Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.

W3WN
02-25-2014, 02:10 PM

I can smell BS a mile away in a hurricane so I'm with you Jim, this thing REEKS of it.For some reason, this reminds me of a tale I once heard...

Back before WW 1, the US Army required a unit's quartermaster to account for every single item in inventory. Anything missing, he was personally responsible... and had to pay for out of his own pocket.

Now, a lot of troops traveled with pack mules. Sad to say, sometimes when traversing a steep, narrow trail, a mule would lose his footing and plunge over the side.

Amazingly, whenever this happened, the mule was carrying, officially, all of the items that the quartermaster couldn't account for. Since they, officially, went over the side with the mule & were not recovered, this let him write everything off.

The point? This alleged theft smells of the same type of story.

kb2vxa
02-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah, kinda like the driver couldn't make the delivery in Queens because it fell off the back of his truck in Brooklyn. A lot of things fall of the back of a truck in Brooklyn.

N2NH
02-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah, kinda like the driver couldn't make the delivery in Queens because it fell off the back of his truck in Brooklyn. A lot of things fall of the back of a truck in Brooklyn.

Yeh, that's what happened to me and I ended up there for 3 decades.

kb2vxa
02-26-2014, 11:41 PM
You hit your head and suffered from amnesia for 30 years. It's good you recovered and found your way home.

w6tmi
03-05-2014, 04:59 PM
I lol'd at "J. Edgar Whoover"

AC8KF WALT
03-10-2014, 04:41 PM
check the swat team members homes. might find stuff the department didn't even know it owned.

K7SGJ
03-10-2014, 05:45 PM
check the swat team members homes. might find stuff the department didn't even know it owned.

I checked Craigslist in that area, and it appears they can replace almost everything for cheap at a garage sale going on there. Who Gnu?