PDA

View Full Version : So, how (well) do you like your coffee?

koØm
02-24-2014, 10:25 AM

NQ6U
02-24-2014, 10:42 AM
None of them new-fangled electronical gadgets for me. I use something similar to this. Heat the water on the gas stove, pour it over the coffee. Simple and good.

http://www.lakotacoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/60/2013/11/Melitta-8-Cup-Thermal-Carafe-Set.jpg

WØTKX
02-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Comments from a coffee "snob"...

I think the Keurig units are OK, but expensive. A guy at work has one, and we are allowed to use it if we flip him a few bucks, or buy our own. So I picked up a few of the Vue thingies in flavors I thought I'd like from Tullys and Caribou Coffies. It was OK, but getting beans from a local grocery store is as good or better, IMHO.

I'd rather spend the money on excellent beans. My favorite "everyday store bought" beans are from Costco, but available from Amazon...

New Mexico Pinon Coffee Company Beans (http://www.amazon.com/Pi%C3%B1on-Coffee-Regular-Whole-Bean/dp/B00A02ZN64/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1393262862&sr=1-3)

https://nmpinoncoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/NMPinon2lbBag.jpg
Personally, I have found it's always best to grind beans freshly roasted from a local coffee roaster...Like maybe BLOC in the Price Hill area for you? In Denver, this place is the best I have found. Air roasted Sumatran, Ethiopian Yirgicheffe, and Jamaican beans are favorites of mine. They ship.

Kaladi Brothers Coffee (https://www.kaladicoffee.com/)

https://www.kaladicoffee.com/wp-content/themes/kaladi/images/header-legend-left.png

Then, just use a simple "French" coffee press, like this one from Bodum. They last forever, I know Target sells them for $20.

http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/CoffeePress8CupOT9/$web_zoom$&/1308302306/bodum-black-coffee-press.jpg

Another co-worker coffee snob found an aluminum combination press and thermos unit from REI that he loves.

I have been using the French press method for over 25 years now, since before it got "trendy" in the US.

KG4CGC
02-24-2014, 01:52 PM
French press does a fine job making pseudo Turkish coffee but give me all the all the processes and knobs of an espresso machine.
It's like tuning up an older rig with toobs.

PA5COR
02-24-2014, 03:03 PM
1/2 a gallon coffee a day here, starting in the morning last one for bed.
Cheap coffeemaker, 19 euro works like a charm for 4 years now, if it fails, toss it get a new one.
Coffee from local source good, not cheap.

K7SGJ
02-24-2014, 03:28 PM
If you are going to go reusable, ditch the one that Keurig has, and get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers-1-Count/dp/B0051SU0OW/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1393273269&sr=1-3&keywords=reusable+k+cup

They work much better. I have used a Keurig for years, grind my own beans, and use this style of basket. My wife also uses it for her loose tea. Of course, hot chocolate is a no brainer, too. The baskets are available online or at Walmart, Target, and places like that. Another company has one that is red and comes in a two pack, but I haven't tried it since the ecobrews have lasted several years so far. They tell you to wash them in the dish washer, but don't. The little silicon seal o-ring comes off and is tough to find inside the dishwasher, if you can find it at all.

KC2UGV
02-24-2014, 03:41 PM
French press here... And, more or less whatever grounds I have at work. At home, we buy fancy-pants coffee :)

kb2vxa
02-24-2014, 05:37 PM
One of my doctors has a one cup brewer in the waiting room with a carousel holding little plastic thingies full of various flavored coffees and plain, that's my choice while waiting for my ride home. There's a basket with small bags of various munchies, I like chocolate chip cookies. No problems with grounds in my coffee, it's quick and the coffee machine has two temperature settings, I like min e hot and it IS hot. If your coffee isn't hot and has grounds in it there's something wrong with the machine or it's poorly designed.

At home I've gone through several 4 cup Mr. Coffee machines, they last several years but I've been using one since they were invented. Here's a tip, if it stops working there are two chemical fuses under the heating element and one invariably opens with age. Just jumper it and Mr. Coffee is good until the other one opens, jumper it and he's good for a few more years until either the thermostat or heating tube craps out.

All coffee comes out of the same factory in the same cans with different labels on them. All brands including the supermarket house brand are all the same, French roast and the most expensive one, Colombian are the same too. Juan Valdez or Exxon Valdez make no difference either, Juan speaks French and is a slick oily SOB. After I finally wised up and got sick of being conned I now buy the "economy" coffee that tastes just as good as the rest, gee, I wonder why.

Starbucks, FRACK, when he learned that Cylons are just walking coffee pots he found a way to get rich making "designer" coffee... SUCKER.

n6hcm
02-25-2014, 01:07 AM
French press here... And, more or less whatever grounds I have at work. At home, we buy fancy-pants coffee :)

i had a keurig and gave it away. the coffee was just plain awful. using a "my k-cup" to make the coffee tastier and stronger was a hassle (and seemed kinda pointless since the point of the keurig is convenience). also, not only is it kinda slow but it's also loud.

otoh, my french press is awesome.

kb2vxa
02-25-2014, 06:24 AM
All of this proves just how addictive caffeine is.

KB3LAZ
02-25-2014, 06:38 AM
I prefer Nespresso.

n0iu
02-25-2014, 07:21 AM
We also had a Keurig and returned it a week later. It did what it promised, but my cup is a mug that is equivalent to almost 3 "normal" cups of coffee. Good thing I did not throw away the old coffee maker... a Cuisinart Grind & Brew.

koØm
02-25-2014, 10:57 AM
If you are going to go reusable, ditch the one that Keurig has, and get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers-1-Count/dp/B0051SU0OW/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1393273269&sr=1-3&keywords=reusable+k+cup

They work much better. I have used a Keurig for years, grind my own beans, and use this style of basket. My wife also uses it for her loose tea. Of course, hot chocolate is a no brainer, too. The baskets are available online or at Walmart, Target, and places like that. Another company has one that is red and comes in a two pack, but I haven't tried it since the ecobrews have lasted several years so far. They tell you to wash them in the dish washer, but don't. The little silicon seal o-ring comes off and is tough to find inside the dishwasher, if you can find it at all.

You nailed it, the My-Keurig reusable filter is crappolla, I've actually only used it once and, I came away with a cupful of coffee with grounds floating on top (not an issue when I use the K-Cups). That started me to thinking about maybe wrapping the ground coffee in a piece of regular coffee filter...........if I even have to entertain that thought, you know the reusable filter is going back to the store.

If I had any thoughts of returning the coffee maker, those were shredded by my hyper kid who busted the Keurig Coffee Maker out of the packaging, tore up the box and stomped the Styrofoam packing into bits 2 minutes after I brought the box into the house.

kb2vxa
02-26-2014, 12:54 AM
"Children, especially male children should be raised in a barrel and fed through the bung hole. When they reach 18 a solemn decision should be made, whether to let them out of the barrel or drive in the bung."
Robert A. Heinlein

W9JEF
02-26-2014, 12:30 PM

Navy coffee was a potent enough dose of caffeine, and
with enough sugar and cream(er), downright palatable.

Nowadays, brewed by the cup; Folgers Singles
in distilled water (as not to affect the flavor),
1:10 in the microwave.

W7XF
03-04-2014, 03:00 AM

:yes::wiggle:

K7SGJ
03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks like they want the whole market.

http://www.geekosystem.com/keurig-drm-coffee/

koØm
03-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like they want the whole market.

http://www.geekosystem.com/keurig-drm-coffee/

As if the K-Cups are not expensive enough now, they are going to have to put "Chips" and sensors on the coffee makers; the price will be impacted and, the NSA will be able to track every shipment of the product.

w6tmi
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM
"Children, especially male children should be raised in a barrel and fed through the bung hole. When they reach 18 a solemn decision should be made, whether to let them out of the barrel or drive in the bung."
Robert A. Heinlein

ehe heh heh.. You said "Bung hole".
:bbh:

kb2vxa
03-06-2014, 01:12 AM
"Navy coffee was a potent enough dose of caffeine, and
with enough sugar and cream(er), downright palatable."

Navy coffee has its uses, also a good degreaser, paint stripper.......

K0RGR
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I have a dual coffee maker that makes single cups or a 12 cup pot. It's very convenient. I have to open up the Keurig cups and pour them into a basket to use them, but they work OK. I prefer to just use loose coffee to make a single cup. My mom has a Keurig and I got to use if for a week - I wasn't really impressed.

WØTKX
03-08-2014, 01:10 AM
The Keurig is like an HP printer... making major money on the cartridges...

NQ6U
03-08-2014, 12:58 PM
The Keurig is like an HP printer... making major money on the cartridges...

It's the Gillette safety razor business model. You give away the razor and rake in the dough selling blades at a huge markup. After 100 years, people still fall for it.

N2NH
03-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Had a Cuisinart Coffee maker, but the new Black and Decker (@ $50 less) makes even better coffee.

Chock Full o'Nuts New York Blend (strong) or almost anything by 8 O'Clock Coffee and some Bailey's French Vanilla. My favorite 8 O'Clock is either African Plains or Columbian Peaks. Both strong and tasty.

None of that Keurig or Gevalia here. We usually make 8-10 cups at a time.

http://static2.beanscdn.co.uk/modules/ems-v2/article/featured/kittens_in_mugs.png.png

suddenseer
03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Had a Cuisinart Coffee maker, but the new Black and Decker (@ $50 less) makes even better coffee.

Chock Full o'Nuts New York Blend (strong) or almost anything by 8 O'Clock Coffee and some Bailey's French Vanilla. My favorite 8 O'Clock is either African Plains or Columbian Peaks. Both strong and tasty.

None of that Keurig or Gevalia here. We usually make 8-10 cups at a time.

http://static2.beanscdn.co.uk/modules/ems-v2/article/featured/kittens_in_mugs.png.pngThis, I am rough on coffeemakers. The Black & Decker coffeemaker so far, has proven to be Tim proof.

PA5COR
03-12-2014, 03:46 AM
A 19 euro Phillips drip coffeeemaker, fresh ground coffee, done.
Pound ( 500 grams) of coffeee is 3 euro where i buy it, special made for my now passed father in law's restaurant, still delivering it to our family because we all use it.
If i run out, Kanis & Gunnik from Bolsward 7 miles away.

N2NH
03-12-2014, 03:08 PM
A 19 euro Phillips drip coffeeemaker, fresh ground coffee, done.
Pound ( 500 grams) of coffeee is 3 euro where i buy it, special made for my now passed father in law's restaurant, still delivering it to our family because we all use it.
If i run out, Kanis & Gunnik from Bolsward 7 miles away.

Phillips is a great brand. Did you ever try Krups or Braun? I found both good also, if a bit pricey (here at least). Am looking for a good Cappuccino machine with a frother.

PA5COR
03-12-2014, 04:06 PM
The Phillips ( Dutch) is now 6 years old, runs 2 x 12 cups a day gets a treatment to keep clean every 3 months and i'm done with it.
If it pops mostly the heatsensor/fuse pops out, 1 euro costs 20 minutes disassembly pop in new heatsensor/fuse and assemble done.

If more costs arise, dump pop over another 19 euro for the next one.
Krupps or Braun cost mostly 2 x what the Phillips cost and last just as long, easy choice ;)
Last Phillips lasted almost 10 years before the element popped.

N2NH
03-12-2014, 04:40 PM
The Phillips ( Dutch) is now 6 years old, runs 2 x 12 cups a day gets a treatment to keep clean every 3 months and i'm done with it.
If it pops mostly the heatsensor/fuse pops out, 1 euro costs 20 minutes disassembly pop in new heatsensor/fuse and assemble done.

If more costs arise, dump pop over another 19 euro for the next one.
Krupps or Braun cost mostly 2 x what the Phillips cost and last just as long, easy choice ;)
Last Phillips lasted almost 10 years before the element popped.

10 years? That's a good run. My last Cappuccino/Espresso Machine was a Krups for $40 and made them great. Too bad the building I was in got colonized by roaches and bedbugs. The roaches moved into the Krups and ruined it one night. (YUK) The only Krups I see around here now run from $150 to $2,600. Talk about sticker shock.

PA5COR
03-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Enough expensive machines here as well, my ex M.I L. has one of them, all nice and dandy, but the simplicity of the drip coffeemaker and cheap cost do it for me, manual coffeegrinder, and fresh beans, use warm water from the tap and i have 12 cups of coffee in 6 minutes flat.
With my coffee addiction it can't be fast enough in the morning ;).
Mornings a full pot, and evening the other, or 2.5 liters of coffee a day.

Might add a litre of milk in the mix and some water, i sure do get my fluids...
Coffee drip machines start here for 9 euro, unknown brands, i always pick the Phillips, they served me well.
I'm off the German stuff addiction, my "candy"washing machine is 7 years old, cost 300 euro and works like new.
Same for the new tumble dryer, also a "Candy" for 200 quid.
All come with 2 year warranty, as did the Samsung USA style fridge/freezer did with LED lights, the only german stuff is the Miele vacuumcleaner.
What most people don't know is that there are just 2 very large factoris in Europe producing washing machines and dryers in Italy, most producers let them make their stuff and put their sticker on it, and prices vary then accordingly.
So, picking the "Candy"brand can save 50% for the same machine with Siemens sticker on it ....
Doing research does save money.

KB3LAZ
03-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Phillips is a great brand. Did you ever try Krups or Braun? I found both good also, if a bit pricey (here at least). Am looking for a good Cappuccino machine with a frother.

My Nespresso machine is made by Krups. The one in our country house is about 6 years old. We have one in our flat and one in the country house. My MIL has one in both of her flats as well.

The machines and the coffee are both a bit on the pricey side but I am satisfied. Then again, I use it to make a latte every morning. My wife only drinks espresso. If you are a water drinker (drip coffee) you probably wont like it. Anything over a six ounce cup of coffee is going to require two capsules to keep its strength up. But, it IS an espresso maker after all.

One thing I have never understood is why people buy the wrong tool for the job and then bitch about it not working. If one wants filtered coffee, buy a drip maker...Simple as that.

N2NH
03-13-2014, 07:33 AM
I don't think we get the Candy brand here. Sounds like a good deal. Washers are $600 to $1400, typical is $900, and dryers run from $500 to $1450. Looks like it's a lot cheaper to live there than it is here. Here it seems that everytime you need something the price has doubled. There are times it seems that they'd sell their mother for the right price. Money is their god, and you'd better have a lot of it if you want to have a decent life here.

Enough expensive machines here as well, my ex M.I L. has one of them, all nice and dandy, but the simplicity of the drip coffeemaker and cheap cost do it for me, manual coffeegrinder, and fresh beans, use warm water from the tap and i have 12 cups of coffee in 6 minutes flat.
With my coffee addiction it can't be fast enough in the morning ;).
Mornings a full pot, and evening the other, or 2.5 liters of coffee a day.

Might add a litre of milk in the mix and some water, i sure do get my fluids...
Coffee drip machines start here for 9 euro, unknown brands, i always pick the Phillips, they served me well.
I'm off the German stuff addiction, my "candy"washing machine is 7 years old, cost 300 euro and works like new.
Same for the new tumble dryer, also a "Candy" for 200 quid.
All come with 2 year warranty, as did the Samsung USA style fridge/freezer did with LED lights, the only german stuff is the Miele vacuumcleaner.
What most people don't know is that there are just 2 very large factoris in Europe producing washing machines and dryers in Italy, most producers let them make their stuff and put their sticker on it, and prices vary then accordingly.
So, picking the "Candy"brand can save 50% for the same machine with Siemens sticker on it ....
Doing research does save money.

N2NH
03-13-2014, 07:42 AM
My Nespresso machine is made by Krups. The one in our country house is about 6 years old. We have one in our flat and one in the country house. My MIL has one in both of her flats as well.

The machines and the coffee are both a bit on the pricey side but I am satisfied. Then again, I use it to make a latte every morning. My wife only drinks espresso. If you are a water drinker (drip coffee) you probably wont like it. Anything over a six ounce cup of coffee is going to require two capsules to keep its strength up. But, it IS an espresso maker after all.

One thing I have never understood is why people buy the wrong tool for the job and then bitch about it not working. If one wants filtered coffee, buy a drip maker...Simple as that.

Espresso is great as is Demi-Tass (Coffee on crack) but my hypertension makes it a challenge. Cappuccino is a good mix as the froth dilutes it, which is why I drink it. The XYL is an avid coffee drinker but not Cappuccino. Now to go looking for that most elusive of appliances, the under $50 Cappuccino machine...

http://www.pleasantview.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ManWithMagnifyingGlass.jpg

PA5COR
03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Bought the Samsung Fridge freezer USA size and tumble dryer for 1000 euro's off from 1150 they asked, i alwys pay cash so demand at least 10% or more off and get away with it.
For the odd espresso coffee i have an alu contraption that cooks on the gas stove and steams the water through the cup holding the espressobrew.
Old fashioned, but works like a charm.
The "white"household appliances like washingmachines. tumbledryers etc are actually quite cheap here, telly's evenso, a 55" LED sets you back 600 euro for a good one, a 42" for 350 -400 .

Large outlets like the "Mediamarkt" are about 10% off lower in price as local shops, if i need larger and more costly stuff i go over the border to Germany a 60 mile drive and get additional 15 % lower prices.
Fuel is quite expensive, but having a small car does away with that, tax and insurance is 40 Euro a month, driving 1000 km a month is about 80 euro on petrol.
Larger stuff gets delivered for a small fee to the front door or even gets installed and the old appliance taken away for free.

Food is what you want to spend on it, for a 2 person household here eating quite well and not saving up it would be 90 -100 euro a week all included.
I spend less because of the own veggie garden though.
Healthcare cost me 20 euro from the 95 insurance, the rest i get back as subsidising, just have the annual 350 euro own pay in if i need healthcare, after that everything else is covered.

So, living sensibly you can get by quite well, even on a lower income but still have a high quality of life.
With low income can also get you housing benefits so that most of the rent is subsidised.( i get none due to my too high income)
More money left for the special brand of coffee we use ;)
Last line added to stay on the subject ;)

N2NH
03-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Sounds good. The standard of living varies wildly here. I am in an area that is considered higher than average for the USA, but it is much cheaper than NYC, so it is advantageous to be here. But there are places that are cheaper. Florida supposedly is, but they get you other ways. Fees and licenses are two, traffic tickets are another. They also have a knack for putting people they don't like in jail. This means you have a lot of restrictions on your life too. So, these things must be taken under consideration, however unanticipated they are.

I have some loose ends to tidy up in the next few years, then who know? The world is the limit. ;)

kb2vxa
03-15-2014, 08:57 AM
I wish I had done my homework when I bought my "RCA" TV some years ago. I knew the American brands moved to Japan but what I didn't know was the actual manufacturer. It turned out that it's Toshiba, had I known that they split the line and slap the RCA badge on them I could have bought the exact same one with Toshiba on it for 2/3 the price! GGGRRR!!!

Back to coffee, I probably said it before, but I'm happy with the bargain brand brewed in my Mr. Coffee and it's as good as anything Starshmuck's has to offer. Now THAT'S doing my homework. You tried the rest, now have the best, Sloppy Shop Guaranteed Value ground coffee. What goes in must come out, I'm off to Mr. Bathroom.

AC6AT
03-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Clever (that's what it's called) coffee dripper.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/clevercoffeedripperpictorial.php (http://www.sweetmarias.com/clevercoffeedripperpictorial.php)

Yeah, you have to work for it a little. Not as much as with a Hario V60, though--rather than continually pouring water from a thin-necked kettle through the grounds, you put all the water in at once and let it immerse for about five minutes, stirring once or twice. And you will really taste the characteristics of the bean, for better or worse, when the cup is done. (Note: use a lighter roast for your beans if you want there to be actual characteristics to taste, rather than the caramelized sugars from the roast itself.)

Easy cleanup. Even easier than the Aeropress (http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/coffee-brewers/aeropress.html) (also recommended, although the similarity to a hypodermic syringe may hit a little close to home...use only if you don't mind flashing back to that montage from Requiem for a Dream every time you make a damn cup of coffee).

suddenseer
03-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Espresso is great as is Demi-Tass (Coffee on crack) but my hypertension makes it a challenge. Cappuccino is a good mix as the froth dilutes it, which is why I drink it. The XYL is an avid coffee drinker but not Cappuccino. Now to go looking for that most elusive of appliances, the under $50 Cappuccino machine...
I love Cappuccino. I used soy milk for the froth. My ex brought home a huge machine with stainless steel fascia. He picked it up at Goodwill for $40. My niece who worked at a coffee house/bakery had to show me how to use it. It quit working, and the only literature I could find was written in Italian. The closest machine to replace it was over $1000. I don't need stainless steel covers, but I want something a bit rugged to replace the big unit from the thrift store. The machine for under $50 will be very elusive unless, you get lucky like I did. My thrift store/ham fest timing is always bad. When I go, all I see is junque.

kb2vxa
03-23-2014, 09:12 AM
"Cappuccino is a good mix as the froth dilutes it, which is why I drink it."
OK, more volume, but the same amount of caffeine. I have "and it makes me wonder" from Stairway To Heaven running around in my head and it won't go away until I play the song backward and listen to the satanic messages.

I have a couple of those cool coffee pots Cor was talking about that I got years ago when a Cuban friend turned me on to Cafe Cubano, only I don't saturate it with sugar as they do. The one shown makes tres cafecitos (three little coffees) only I take my rocket fuel in one large American size cup. If you like Cappuccino just pour in the cream and use one of those hand held battery operated whippers, or if you like whipped demitasse just don't put in the cream. Like regular ground coffee, fine ground Spanish coffee all comes from the same factory in different cans so the cheapest one tastes the same as the most expensive so don't waste money buying a name.

Oh, did I mention when I'm not on a flight to Mars I drink the bargain brand made with Mr. Coffee? You guys crack me up, you're anything BUT smart shoppers. (;->)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iab9YKocUcw

koØm
03-23-2014, 01:51 PM
... Like regular ground coffee, fine ground Spanish coffee all comes from the same factory in different cans so the cheapest one tastes the same as the most expensive so don't waste money buying a name.

Oh, did I mention when I'm not on a flight to Mars I drink the bargain brand made with Mr. Coffee? You guys crack me up, you're anything BUT smart shoppers. (;->)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iab9YKocUcw

You know, I really should have done more research on Keurig coffee makers before I made my purchase; it was not something that I needed, it was something that I wanted. It is more decorative than it is useful when it comes to making a "Good" cup of coffee. I must say that the only reason bought it was to, "Keep up with the Jones's." The one good take-away in this situation is that the Keurig is helping me to break my addiction to caffeine.

Thinking back, it was only 18 years ago that I started drinking coffee and then, only from my freshly ground whole beans; it was a 50/50 mix of the darkest roast that was sold and chocolate flavored beans. I would "Triple grind" enough for 2 days. Four heaping tablespoons of finely ground coffee would make about 2 mugs (40 ozs) of a beverage guaranteed to make the hair on your face stand up and dare a razor to cut it off.

Over time, the price of Whole Bean Coffee rose to $12.50 plus per pound (twice per month) so a couple of years ago, I started buying Folger's Black Silk ground coffee for around $9.00 bucks for a large container that lasts about 3 weeks. It's not the same as the fresh Milstone whole beans, but I had to lower my standard to fit my purse. A splash of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup makes a bottle last for about two months. "Half and Half" only please.

Back to the Kuerig, it is a royal PIA to use the "My K-cup" reusable coffee filter; I would rather wash a filthy ashtray than deal with cleaning out the coffee grounds that have been blasted by high pressure steam. I am looking into the other recommended brand of compatible reusable filter as well as the disposable types that can be used in the Kuerig Brand of coffee makers.

BTW: If you try to use your normal brand of coffee in the reusable filter, the coffee beverage is not going to taste the same as a drip coffee maker and, it will lack a lot of the caffeine punch (hence, my caffeine intake is dropping) and, I can drink more of the diluted stuff before getting zapped.

Last thing: Because K-Cup are such a big deal now days, everybody is packaging coffee and selling it. I was trying to be cheap and, I decided to try the "Store Brand" of K-Cup com-pat coffee; I Declare, Swear and Affirm that it was some of the nastiest shit I ever tasted, it was probably half Chickory and half coffee. *I* really don't know WTF *I* am drinking when I trust the whole process to a pre-package container of grounded something. "K-Cups" = "K-Rations"?

W9JEF
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Coffee made from Folgers Singles costs about 25 cents per cup.
Individual teabags come in foil-sealed pouches, so it's fresh-brewed
(with distilled water). Such enticing aroma and flavor--I drink it black. :)

kb2vxa
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
You learned your lesson, but there are always new ones to learn. Just a little correction on those "economy" K-Cups you bought, K-Cup - C rations. Today those MREs are pretty darn good, but in WW2 the GIs didn't call those little tins C rats for nothing! They taste "better" when heated, so cans of Sterno were supplied, but never enough (typical army foul up). They got creative, since there was always more than enough C-4 for demolitions, they unwrapped the bricks and used the stuff for cooking. For those unfamiliar, it needs a blasting cap to detonate, otherwise it burns with a clean, pale blue flame like Sterno.

Back to the K-Cups, you can get ripped off in a number of ways like you found out one of them. When it comes to "gourmet" coffee, civet coffee tops the list both as "the best money can buy" and it's a rip off too. http://world.time.com/2013/10/02/the-worlds-most-expensive-coffee-is-a-cruel-cynical-scam/ I'm going to miss going to my pain doctor when my foot heals, they have a K-Cup coffe machine and a bowl full of munchies like you find in vending machines next to it. I don't like flavored coffees, neither do many others, there are always far more of them in the rack than the plain dark roast cups. I always like a cup of coffee and bag of cookies while waiting for my ride home, waits in other waiting rooms are intensely boring.

Cute little story here, the last time I was there the new one had me all confused, the LCD was on showing a menu but nothing worked. I called one of the receptionists over since she showed me how to use the old one first time I was there, she looked it over, then pulled it forward, looked behind and plugged it in. All these pretty blue lights came on, she pressed the previously non working "brew" button and VOILE, a tasty cup of coffee! I ASS U ME there's a battery in there but was afraid to ask, I looked stupid enough already. Oh, after wasting much time, no sooner than I had opened the bag of cookies and taken a few sips of coffee my ride showed up so I had to pour the coffee out and stuff the cookies in my pocket until I got home. I HATE WASTING A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE, but at least I saved the cookies, my favorite, chocolate chip... nom nom nom.

koØm
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
You learned your lesson, but there are always new ones to learn. Just a little correction on those "economy" K-Cups you bought, K-Cup - C rations. Today those MREs are pretty darn good, but in WW2 the GIs didn't call those little tins C rats for nothing! They taste "better" when heated, so cans of Sterno were supplied, but never enough (typical army foul up). They got creative, since there was always more than enough C-4 for demolitions, they unwrapped the bricks and used the stuff for cooking. For those unfamiliar, it needs a blasting cap to detonate, otherwise it burns with a clean, pale blue flame like Sterno.

Back to the K-Cups, you can get ripped off in a number of ways like you found out one of them. When it comes to "gourmet" coffee, civet coffee tops the list both as "the best money can buy" and it's a rip off too. http://world.time.com/2013/10/02/the-worlds-most-expensive-coffee-is-a-cruel-cynical-scam/ I'm going to miss going to my pain doctor when my foot heals, they have a K-Cup coffe machine and a bowl full of munchies like you find in vending machines next to it. I don't like flavored coffees, neither do many others, there are always far more of them in the rack than the plain dark roast cups. I always like a cup of coffee and bag of cookies while waiting for my ride home, waits in other waiting rooms are intensely boring.

Cute little story here, the last time I was there the new one had me all confused, the LCD was on showing a menu but nothing worked. I called one of the receptionists over since she showed me how to use the old one first time I was there, she looked it over, then pulled it forward, looked behind and plugged it in. All these pretty blue lights came on, she pressed the previously non working "brew" button and VOILE, a tasty cup of coffee! I ASS U ME there's a battery in there but was afraid to ask, I looked stupid enough already. Oh, after wasting much time, no sooner than I had opened the bag of cookies and taken a few sips of coffee my ride showed up so I had to pour the coffee out and stuff the cookies in my pocket until I got home. I HATE WASTING A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE, but at least I saved the cookies, my favorite, chocolate chip... nom nom nom.

Well, I used the Keurig for about 6 weeks and, not being satisfied with the taste of the brew, :yuck: I reverted back to my standard 12 drip brewer; the Keurig sat on the shelf covered by it's own "Cozy" (cloth grocery bag!).

I put it back into service last week using finely ground coffee from medium roasted beans, I used it for 4-5 days and all was well. a couple of days ago, I hit the button for a large fill and the machine just sputtered and spit out about 1/2 inch of liquid into the cup. "Spitzed" (shocked + pissed), I push the large button and again get another 1/2 inch of additional coffee. I immediately dig out my sales receipt and the documentation and contacted customer support by email; they responded back with a user name and password for me to go to their forum to contact them further. :wtf:

:-? So, I'm sitting there staring at this coffee maker like it's a Television set and I get the idea, "Let's see how it works on the other settings" so, I push the "small cup" fill button; it flippin fills to the correct level! In the name of 'Troubleshooting', I pushed the same button again and got another 6 ounces of liquid. The problem that I had with the coffee from the Keurig was the taste and the insane price for a dozen refills for the machine but, this "work-around" solved that problem. :cool2:

Here's the kicker: This is the first time that I got a decent tasting cup of coffee out of the damnable POS; this only after the machine is in some form of failure mode and I start experimenting with it. I'm sure that they will recommend that I send it back for repair; so I will be right back where I started from back in January :irked:

K7SGJ
08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Well, I used the Keurig for about 6 weeks and, not being satisfied with the taste of the brew, :yuck: I reverted back to my standard 12 drip brewer; the Keurig sat on the shelf covered by it's own "Cozy" (cloth grocery bag!).

I put it back into service last week using finely ground coffee from medium roasted beans, I used it for 4-5 days and all was well. a couple of days ago, I hit the button for a large fill and the machine just sputtered and spit out about 1/2 inch of liquid into the cup. "Spitzed" (shocked + pissed), I push the large button and again get another 1/2 inch of additional coffee. I immediately dig out my sales receipt and the documentation and contacted customer support by email; they responded back with a user name and password for me to go to their forum to contact them further. :wtf:

:-? So, I'm sitting there staring at this coffee maker like it's a Television set and I get the idea, "Let's see how it works on the other settings" so, I push the "small cup" fill button; it flippin fills to the correct level! In the name of 'Troubleshooting', I pushed the same button again and got another 6 ounces of liquid. The problem that I had with the coffee from the Keurig was the taste and the insane price for a dozen refills for the machine but, this "work-around" solved that problem. :cool2:

Here's the kicker: This is the first time that I got a decent tasting cup of coffee out of the damnable POS; this only after the machine is in some form of failure mode and I start experimenting with it. I'm sure that they will recommend that I send it back for repair; so I will be right back where I started from back in January :irked:

Actually, they are really good about their warranty. Over the years, I've had two fail within warranty, and they sent out a new replacement machine. The only thing they want back is the little plastic pop out Kcup holder.

As for the price of the Kcups, they ARE higher than giraffe nuts. I use one of the little reusable cups (not the one from Keurig) and grind my own beans to get the right grind for the taste I like. We also use it to brew tea for my wife as she doesn't like coffee, the heathen.

XE1/N5AL
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't really like coffee very much, but I do have a coffee story:

I was in Yokohama and had been invited to dinner at the house of a Japanese co-worker. After dinner, his wife (also Japanese) asked me if I wished to have a cup of coffee. I almost said: "No, thank you", because I don't drink coffee. But, for some reason, I said: "Yes, please".

As his wife went to the kitchen to prepare the coffee, my co-worker told me that because I was a foreigner, his wife had been so nervous about preparing for my visit. She wanted everything to be just right, and one thing she knew was that ALL Americans love coffee! So, earlier in the day, she had ridden her bicycle to a store about two miles from their home, to purchase coffee specifically for my visit. The Japanese usually prefer tea, and coffee is relatively expensive in the country.

That split-second decision, to accept the cup of coffee, saved me from feeling like a total Bushtit!

HUGH
08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
The simplest is those Bodum presses, not much to go wrong, and you can buy them for tea and coffee. If someone calls unexpectedly, and they're not a tea or coffee buff, you can add a little hot water, replunge and fill that extra cup.

WØTKX
08-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Bodum is the only way to fly. :agree:

koØm
08-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Actually, they are really good about their warranty. Over the years, I've had two fail within warranty, and they sent out a new replacement machine. The only thing they want back is the little plastic pop out Kcup holder.

K7SGJ
08-28-2014, 05:25 PM
The Customer Service Professional documented all the pertinent information and then asked me to go through a couple of trouble shooting steps; did a clear water brew with "My K-Cup" and measured the output, the brewer delivered the correct amount (8 oz) of water (pass that test). Looked like my coffee was being ground too finely. Test two was with a "regulation" K-Cup, pushed the button for 8 oz of beverage but this time, the the brewer dispenses 16 oz when only supposed to deliver 8 oz.

WHAM-BAM-THANK-YOU Ma'am, the decision was made to replace my brewer, just send back the Kcup holder; I'm impressed!

It was suggested that I stop using the (now discontinued by Keurig) "My-Kcup" accessory and go only with the Kcup refills recommended by Keurig........."Whatever", my new machine is in the mail.

That's how they treated me as well. I have the machine they replaced stored out back in case I ever need anything off of it. I tossed all the My-Kcups out, too. I use an Ekobrew reusable. It works great. If you are grinding your own beans as I do, (sounds painful) I try to get a grind about like that of Folgers or one of the commercial brands. Maybe just a tad finer. Oddly, if I leave the grinder on the same setting, different types of beans grind differently, so I have to adjust the grind finer or coarser depending on the bean. I don't know why that is, but it is. Who Gnu?

KG4NEL
09-20-2014, 11:40 AM
At least two cups a day, typically a 4-shot Americano on weekend mornings. Always black; not that I have anything against cream, but I just like the taste.

Fewer dental bills this way.

KG4NEL
09-20-2014, 11:41 AM
One thing I've yet to try is a pourover; seems neat from the existential "I am my own coffeemaker" POV, but flavor-wise, I haven't been convinced...

KC2UGV
09-20-2014, 11:46 AM
One thing I've yet to try is a pourover; seems neat from the existential "I am my own coffeemaker" POV, but flavor-wise, I haven't been convinced...

Personally, the pour over method strikes me much like absinthe: The ritual is cool, but you can get the same effect from drip (or, from wine).

K7SGJ
09-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Personally, the pour over method strikes me much like absinthe: The ritual is cool, but you can get the same effect from drip (or, from wine).

Hey....hey....hey! Who you calling a whiny drip?

KG4NEL
09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I do like the results of a French press, but I simply drink too much at one time for that to be economical. I'd be pumping on it all day.

Take that as you will.

:yum:

kb2vxa
09-22-2014, 12:57 PM
French Press, because the French team forgot to bring the bench.

KG4NEL
09-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Flat bench is a powerlifting routine, not an Olympic one ;)

Which teenage Russian chicks happen to be very good at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAc97K2I5M

N8XE
09-22-2014, 01:14 PM
My wife and I use a Keureg at home. I love it. We don't use K-Cups anymore but use the reusable one and put our own blends in. I drink about two cups of coffee a day which is plenty for me.

When I have more than that I notice that my soldering iron starts shaking which makes it difficult to solder things properly..

That is when I switch to Crown Royal.

Jason N8XE

n2ize
09-27-2014, 06:47 PM
It's the Gillette safety razor business model. You give away the razor and rake in the dough selling blades at a huge markup. After 100 years, people still fall for it.

Well, the only alternative to the safety razor is the straight edge razor, but it must be cared for, kept very sharp and will still cut you. I use a 1950's style brass safety razor. A pack of Wilkinson double edge blades cost me $1.99 and each blade gives me at least a dozen clean shaves. And no cuts or blood.

n2ize
09-27-2014, 06:48 PM
I have a K CUp machine and use the reloadable baskets. Works great. i like coffee for the stimulating effect. But I would much prefer coca tea. Unfortunately you can't get it here. :(

K7SGJ
09-27-2014, 09:12 PM
I have a K CUp machine and use the reloadable baskets. Works great. i like coffee for the stimulating effect. But I would much prefer coca tea. Unfortunately you can't get it here. :(

Get some Poppies and Chamomile and make your own.

KG4NEL
09-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Well, the only alternative to the safety razor is the straight edge razor, but it must be cared for, kept very sharp and will still cut you. I use a 1950's style brass safety razor. A pack of Wilkinson double edge blades cost me $1.99 and each blade gives me at least a dozen clean shaves. And no cuts or blood.

One of these days I'm going to go full hipster and go for a straight razor/leather strop setup. I'll just have to time it when I don't have any presentations to give, lest anyone think I walked into the wrong bar.

N2NH
09-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Today is National Coffee Day. Just a FYI. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/29/coffee-appreciation-day/16418797/)

n2ize
09-30-2014, 06:50 PM
One of these days I'm going to go full hipster and go for a straight razor/leather strop setup. I'll just have to time it when I don't have any presentations to give, lest anyone think I walked into the wrong bar.

Is that the latest trend on the hipster scene ? To go retro with respect to shaving ? Several years ago I went back to the old 1950's double edged safety razors with the heavy brass metal handle. My main reason was not to be trendy but to be old fashioned and most important,the plain ol double edge blades are cheaper. A 5 pack of Wilkinson regular double edge blades costs me $1.99 instead of $20.00 for expensive "Fusion" blades and they do just as good a job and last just about as long. I have thought about going to a straight razor and a strop but for now the regular double edge safety razor does the job just fine. And saves me a lot of money in blades.

KC2UGV
09-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Is that the latest trend on the hipster scene ? To go retro with respect to shaving ?

More or less.

KG4CGC
09-30-2014, 09:19 PM
So, someone here, not me, has a HUGE coffee machine. Makes a full pot in 2 minutes too.

K7SGJ
10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
I wonder if anyone in Colorado or Washington has brewed up pot, no pun intended, of JavaJane.

wa6mhz
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I drink almost exclusively 7-11 Coffee, early in the morning when I am driving to a Swapmeet or such. Then I switch over to BIG GULPS for Coolant.

NQ6U
10-01-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't mess with none o' that fancy equipment. I just buy a fifty pound sack of beans and munch 'em like candy.

KG4NEL
10-01-2014, 10:35 AM
More or less.

With respect to everything.

K7SGJ
10-01-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't mess with none o' that fancy equipment. I just buy a fifty pound sack of beans and munch 'em like candy.

That explains a lot. However, without any equipment, I guess they are no perks, eh?

W7XF
10-02-2014, 12:45 AM
That explains a lot. However, without any equipment, I guess they are no perks, eh?

Just drips and French Whore Presses And even more bushtits.

N7YA
10-02-2014, 05:37 PM
....say no more.

N7YA
10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
I totally missed this thread!

I am a big fan of nice, medium roasts from around the world, no creamer (unless its restaurant swill), and organic cane sugar...thats it. :)

KC2UGV
10-02-2014, 06:12 PM
I totally missed this thread!

I am a big fan of nice, medium roasts from around the world, no creamer (unless its restaurant swill), and organic cane sugar...thats it. :)

BLASPHEMY!

You should drink coffee black, with no sugar :P

On another note, I've been experimenting with butter in coffee. It's... Interesting.

N7YA
10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Butter?? ....whoa.

You win. :yes:

n2ize
10-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I love coffee I love tea... I love the Java jive and it loves me.

W5BRM
10-02-2014, 07:30 PM
try honey butter.

KC2UGV
10-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Butter?? ....whoa.

You win. :yes:

Meh, I read about it a few days ago, and figured,"What the hell?"

try honey butter.

I'll have to give that a whirl :)

KG4CGC
10-02-2014, 08:16 PM
BLASPHEMY!

You should drink coffee black, with no sugar :P

On another note, I've been experimenting with butter in coffee. It's... Interesting.

If you're using butter, then you already know it's from specific cows that are fed a specific grass under very controlled conditions.
Amiright?

W7XF
10-03-2014, 10:36 PM
I've been experimenting with donuts (Dunkin...Krappy Kreme was shown the door here)

KC2UGV
10-04-2014, 09:32 AM
If you're using butter, then you already know it's from specific cows that are fed a specific grass under very controlled conditions.
Amiright?

That's what they say... I just use sweetened butter.

kb2crk
10-06-2014, 08:09 AM
So, someone here, not me, has a HUGE coffee machine. Makes a full pot in 2 minutes too.

Don't let out the secret Charles......
OK so I got tired of burning out the 12 cup drip coffee makers.
I went to a Bunn 12 cup Pourover......
2 1/2 pot reservoir Makes sure a hot pot is just slightly over 2 minutes away.
Fully commercial unit with every part available for repair.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/kb2crk/867722d8633c2f40bad641658ca5fd43_zpsf3efe606.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/kb2crk/media/867722d8633c2f40bad641658ca5fd43_zpsf3efe606.jpg.h tml)

KG4NEL
10-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Same one the breakroom has at my office. It's stocked with Folgers for the proles.

Hidden on our floor is the Mr. Coffee with the good beans...

kb2crk
10-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I am planning on getting some Dunkin Donuts Beans to try in it....

K7SGJ
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/kb2crk/867722d8633c2f40bad641658ca5fd43_zpsf3efe606.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/kb2crk/media/867722d8633c2f40bad641658ca5fd43_zpsf3efe606.jpg.h tml)

Nice Bunns

kb2crk
10-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Getting ready to empty the pot and head to work... Have fun all

KG4CGC
10-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Hooray! Coffee!

kb2crk
10-10-2014, 06:19 AM
And plenty of it...

kb2crk
10-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Trying some new coffee

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/kb2crk/Coffee_zpsc9160c07.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/kb2crk/media/Coffee_zpsc9160c07.jpg.html)

N7YA
10-11-2014, 05:56 PM
I dig that little corner of the kitchen you have going on there.

KC2UGV
10-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I know I'm a snob and all... those Bunn machines burn the shit out of you coffee...

Bring to boil in a kettle, then let it sit a minute. Then, pour into a french press/drip over. Perfect temp :)

n6hcm
10-12-2014, 01:39 AM
we just spent *a month* agonizing over a replacement coffee machine. thankfully, no keurig. more grind-on-demand espresso.

kb2crk
10-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I know I'm a snob and all... those Bunn machines burn the shit out of you coffee...

Bring to boil in a kettle, then let it sit a minute. Then, pour into a french press/drip over. Perfect temp :)

They only burn it if you leave it on the warmer too long..... Definitely not a problem here......

KG4NEL
10-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Trying some new coffee

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n404/kb2crk/Coffee_zpsc9160c07.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/kb2crk/media/Coffee_zpsc9160c07.jpg.html)

Dunkin' is usually my daily at home, but I'm a former Masshole that longs for a DD at every corner.

kb2crk
10-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Worked great today as I brewed 2 pots before replacing the kitchen sink. Plenty of coffee while I did the work.......

K7SGJ
10-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Worked great today as I brewed 2 pots before replacing the kitchen sink. Plenty of coffee while I did the work.......

Two pots? TWO POTS? Are you serious? I drink two pots while I'm waiting for the water to boil to make coffee in the French press. Two pots. Pffft Pussy. :stickpoke:

kb2crk
10-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Two pots? TWO POTS? Are you serious? I drink two pots while I'm waiting for the water to boil to make coffee in the French press. Two pots. Pffft Pussy. :stickpoke:

That was just for the time the sink was out.... Two more pots though since then......LOL

K7SGJ
10-16-2014, 12:18 AM
That was just for the time the sink was out.... Two more pots though since then......LOL

Oooooops. My bad, I stand erected.

n0km
10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
I get the cheaper house brand of Colombian coffee grounds from Walmart or from Safeway, and brew about three tablespoons of coffee to 12 cups of water. Its mainly the sweetener that I am interested in.

kd6nig
10-16-2014, 01:54 PM
I know that my Mom asked me if I was going to upgrade from the current Keurig I have to the 2.0 version. I told her no, it was fine for our purposes. She won't be getting one either-the carafe only makes 4 cups.

My Dad's idea of a cup of coffee starts around the insulated mug that is 40 ounces and goes up from there. She'd have to make a new carafe every time he got "another cup."

kb2crk
10-16-2014, 02:46 PM
I know that my Mom asked me if I was going to upgrade from the current Keurig I have to the 2.0 version. I told her no, it was fine for our purposes. She won't be getting one either-the carafe only makes 4 cups.

My Dad's idea of a cup of coffee starts around the insulated mug that is 40 ounces and goes up from there. She'd have to make a new carafe every time he got "another cup."

My travel mug is a 40 oz.... Will be filling it shortly for the trip to work...

N2NH
10-21-2014, 08:21 AM
And here I thought NHE and I were bad with my Stewart's shops 20 oz mugs. We're pikers compared to that.:yes:

koØm
12-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Ask the other former Fast-Food Manager, the holding time on fresh brewed coffee is 15 minutes, after that, you dump it and make a fresh pot.

Oh, BTW: Keurig Recalling Nearly 7 Million Coffee Makers

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/keurig-recalling-nearly-7-million-coffee-makers-n273641

WX7P
12-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Peet's coffee.

Only way to go...

koØm
01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
we just spent *a month* agonizing over a replacement coffee machine. thankfully, no keurig. more grind-on-demand espresso.

Great decision, I don't know if you heard the news but, the "New" Keurig 2.0 will only work with proprietary DRM Keurig pods, you cannot get it to work without using their coffee pods because they have a chip in the container that the machine reads.

Hopefully, the coffee drinking world will revolt and reject the Keurig 2.0 "Brewing System".

W7XF
01-24-2015, 12:56 AM
Great decision, I don't know if you heard the news but, the "New" Keurig 2.0 will only work with proprietary DRM Keurig pods, you cannot get it to work without using their coffee pods because they have a chip in the container that the machine reads.

Hopefully, the coffee drinking world will revolt and reject the Keurig 2.0 "Brewing System".

Cut the top off of a legit Keurig 2.0 usable coffee pod, then put it on the non-kosher pod with double-faced tape. Works like a charm in a 2.0!

Also works on the reusable pod !

n6hcm
01-24-2015, 02:30 AM
Cut the top off of a legit Keurig 2.0 usable coffee pod, then put it on the non-kosher pod with double-faced tape. Works like a charm in a 2.0!

Also works on the reusable pod !

but *who* *wants* to do that? we just wanted *coffee* ...

suddenseer
01-24-2015, 06:36 AM
Ask the other former Fast-Food Manager, the holding time on fresh brewed coffee is 15 minutes, after that, you dump it and make a fresh pot.

Oh, BTW: Keurig Recalling Nearly 7 Million Coffee Makers

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/keurig-recalling-nearly-7-million-coffee-makers-n273641

.I used to consider myself to be a serious coffee drinker. I am out classed. I am not worthy to clean out the dirty filters. at your house.. :bowdown:

koØm
01-24-2015, 10:41 AM
I used to consider myself to be a serious coffee drinker. I am out classed. I am not worthy to clean out the dirty filters. at your house.. :bowdown:

I had to smile at that, I don't know if it's a good thing to be a "Connoisseur" Caffeine junkie; my children enable me by giving me exotic whole bean coffees on holidays.

I'm using the basket filters purchased for my 12 cup drip coffee makers along with Windex to clean Computer monitor and TV screens, they work good and are lint free; they are also good for draining the grease off of my Bacon....mmmmmmm-Bacon :-D

WØTKX
01-24-2015, 11:06 AM
http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Boca-Java-Maple-Bacon-Morning-Coffee.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6184/6068567472_8e4770fc78.jpg

koØm
01-24-2015, 01:32 PM

That's the ticket, Bacon off the hoof!

Not under any circumstances, would I buy any "Turkey Bacon", that stuff just ain't right.

However, Butterball makes a Turkey Pastrami that you can make a tasty sandwich out of

Just out of curiosity, I replaced my bacon this morning by frying 4 or 5 deli cut strips of this luncheon meat; it frys up like real bacon, has a Black Pepper coating and is cured like real Pastrami; it ain't Bacon but, it's not only "Lunch meat" anymore.

N7YA
01-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Their marketing department may want to rethink their approach if they plan to bolster coffee cup sales among the younger pig demographic. This smells like a PR disaster waiting to happen!

The protests wont be good, they most certainly will lose advertisers.

n2ize
01-29-2015, 11:48 PM
I am learning that the best way to enjoy coffee is black with nothing added to it. It's the only way to really enjoy the taste of the coffee.

KG4CGC
02-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Coffee with a dash of cayenne and cocoa powder is awesome.