PDA

View Full Version : Cremation is considered health care?

NQ6U
02-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Who knew?

Got a call from the mortuary today. They haven't been able to proceed with the M-I-L's cremation because they're lacking a copy of her advance health care directive.

Heath care?

I faxed it to them, but I'm still a little baffled by this.

suddenseer
02-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Our local mortuary refers to their services as, "after care". I guess the loved one's family could provide a post dated check as an afterthought? I can think of several meanings for, "plant a stiffy". Cue, Bob, the Pope, and Eddie.

KK4AMI
02-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Who knew?

Got a call from the mortuary today. They haven't been able to proceed with the M-I-L's cremation because they're lacking a copy of her advance health care directive.

Heath care?

Are they are hoping her wishes were for burial, so they can soak you for more? Could be that they want to know what she wanted. Burial vs Cremation can cause a lot of controversy amongst surviving relatives. THe Funeral home might be protecting their own butts.

kb2vxa
02-07-2014, 11:13 PM
The best way to do that is don't back up into the furnace.

W9JEF
02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Are they are hoping her wishes were for burial, so they can soak you for more? Could be that they want to know what she wanted. Burial vs Cremation can cause a lot of controversy amongst surviving relatives. THe Funeral home might be protecting their own butts.

Burial or cremation--no matter the choice, the survivors are the ones who get burned. :irked:

WN9HJW
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Who knew?

Heath care?

Some Advance Medical Directives include instructions whether an autopsy is desired or not. Obviously an autospy is impossible after cremation. My guess is the the mortuary was just covering their own butts by making sure. .