PDA

View Full Version : RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

W4GPL
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Big loss... he was one of the best..

-----
USA TODAY - Academy Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has died at age 46, reports the Wall Street Journal and ABC.

In late May, Hoffman finished a 10-day stint in a rehab program for a drug problem that included snorting heroin. The actor had struggled with substance abuse in the past, but had been clean for 23 years.

The actor has three children – Cooper, 10; Tallulah 7, and Willa, 5 – with costume designer Mimi O'Donnell. Hoffman was nominated four times for an Oscar and won the best actor award for Capote in 2006.

He most recently starred as Plutarch Heavensbee in the summer blockbuster The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=376049

NQ6U
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Wow, sad news. He was a really fine actor. Only 46, too.

AC8KF WALT
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
lost to a 20 dollar bag, sad.

kb2vxa
02-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Sorry folks, reports of my death are premature.

N2NH
02-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Been talking about a lot Heroin deaths lately. OD'ing at 46? Much too young. RIP.

NM5TF
02-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Been talking about a lot Heroin deaths lately. OD'ing at 46? Much too young. RIP.

too true !!!

my 1st thought was "why is heroin becoming so popular" ???

are people really that stoooopid ???

NQ6U
02-03-2014, 01:47 PM

It's because heroin is now commonly being cut with fentanyl, a pain killer commonly used for cancer patients, which makes it more dangerous.

kb2vxa
02-04-2014, 12:24 AM
That's a new development but seems like an unlikely substance to cut any drug with when the common ones, some toxic like talc when injected cost so little. What is common is the unexpected "hot shot" of uncut heroin. That's why addicts take their time injecting it little by little, sometimes one "jonseing" boots it all at once and dies. Once in a while I hear a paramedic call about an overdose, thank GOD someone had the sense to call 911. If they arrive in time and they usually do a shot of Naloxone brings them down immediately. Oh I almost forgot that junkies filter the injectable through cotton, but talc is so fine it gets sucked right through.

"my 1st thought was "why is heroin becoming so popular" ???"
Simply because it's the most available street drug there is. I found that out one time on a weed expedition, couldn't find any but I was amazed at so many heroin dealers lining the streets like they were watching a parade. No shit, I saw it with my own eyes! I recently read a magazine article that told me nothing surprising, Ocean County is the heroin capitol of New Jersey and the irony of it is the pushers I saw were in South ____ right next to ____ which according to the latest FBI stats has the lowest crime in the nation. The reason why it has become an epidemic is simple, it is compact, easily hidden and transported and gets a higher price per gram than any other except cocaine also extremely but less popular due to availability. In sharp contrast is marijuana, exactly the opposite, which is why that night I couldn't cop a bag for love nor money.

I miss the twin brother I never knew and I don't know where my other twin I DON'T miss got off to.