PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Bowl Blackout in NY/NJ???

W7XF
01-29-2014, 03:50 AM
As of midnight EST Tuesday, the Super Bowl is NOT a sell-out to the tune of 16K + unsold seats.
And hotels are slashing room rates and removing minimum stay clauses, since they're stll BELOW 50% booked for the weekend.

I'm wondering if someone or corporates will buy up the remaining tickets before 1800 Thursday (72 hrs before kickoff) to avoid blackout in one of the world's largest television markets????

N2NH
01-29-2014, 07:11 AM
As of midnight EST Tuesday, the Super Bowl is NOT a sell-out to the tune of 16K + unsold seats.
And hotels are slashing room rates and removing minimum stay clauses, since they're stll BELOW 50% booked for the weekend.

I'm wondering if someone or corporates will buy up the remaining tickets before 1800 Thursday (72 hrs before kickoff) to avoid blackout in one of the world's largest television markets????

If that happened, it would be a fiasco. Nothing like a plan and this plan seems to be worth nothing.

KC2UGV
01-29-2014, 07:30 AM
I thought the black out rule only applied to normal games, and not playoffs/super bowl?

kb2vxa
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM
If it's blacked out I'll have to temporarily seal the mouth of my bear cave in order to survive the blast when NY and NJ explode, then switch on the pumps to save myself from drowning in the tsunami created by the seismic shock.

VE7DCW
01-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh,the Superbowl....... it's that American football thing that everyone goes Ga-ga over once a year I take it...... it's something important .....right? :dunno:

:rofl:

NQ6U
01-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Oh,the Superbowl....... it's that American football thing that everyone goes Ga-ga over once a year I take it...... it's something important .....right? :dunno:

:rofl:

Yeah, it's sort of like the Stanley Cup or the Curling World Championships, only with more people watching.

kb2vxa
01-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Well, that's OK 'cause I have cable in my cave so I'll have on Animal Planet watching the Puppy Bowl. Better than the Dallas Cowboys, they have some really cute kitten cheerleaders at half time.

WN9HJW
01-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Well, that's OK 'cause I have cable in my cave so I'll have on Animal Planet watching the Puppy Bowl. Better than the Dallas Cowboys, they have some really cute kitten cheerleaders at half time.

Same here. Puppy bowl.

W3WN
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Puppy Bowl. Kitty Bowl. Fish Bowl.

I'm beginning to miss the Lingerie Bowl.

W7XF
01-30-2014, 02:06 AM
It's sold out now. Someone was watching ABC news last night and bought them all.

N2NH
01-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Puppy Bowl. Kitty Bowl. Fish Bowl.

I'm beginning to miss the Lingerie Bowl.

Beginning to? :sadgoodbye:

suddenseer
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it's sort of like the Stanley Cup or the Curling World Championships, only with more people watching.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WØTKX
01-30-2014, 08:43 PM
http://youtu.be/FlCVE0OG-tI

http://youtu.be/FlCVE0OG-tI

N2NH
02-01-2014, 01:57 AM
I like the Super Bowl, but I can't wait until it's over as there's been nothing on the news but the Stupid Super Bowl Tricks that have been all over NYC. Scam, prostitution, security, FBI, CIA, NYPD, NYSP, NJSP, Anal Probes, backpack bans, scalpers, phony tickets and not a mention of real crime or news.

For those into the Anal Probes, there's still a few tickets left...

Can't wait until Next Friday when real news will return and they stop milking this non-story for all it's worth. Get off your patookas reporters and do real news.

N2CHX
02-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Can't wait until Next Friday when real news will return and they stop milking this non-story for all it's worth. Get off your patookas reporters and do real news.

Really? You know they'll just go back to reporting on Justin Bieber.

N2NH
02-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Really? You know they'll just go back to reporting on Justin Bieber.

True enough. But they'll throw the occasional cab that jumped a curb or chemist who is selling non-prescription hillbilly crack...

Justin just can't fill a full 2½ hours of news like the Super Duper Bowl seems to. Jeez, why am I worried that I just typed that?

kb2vxa
02-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Because you just realized you gave them an idea and worried they just might preempt the news with a 2 1/2 hour this Justin breaking non story?

W7XF
02-03-2014, 03:24 AM
And, the reason behind the near-strip searches at MetLife Stadium:

Goddess Forbid someone bringing in a french fry!!!

kb2vxa
02-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Ticket scalping: illegal. Refreshment scalping: legal. BYO: they'll beat you to death and eat what's in your backpack.

W3WN
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Beginning to? :sadgoodbye:Well, I only got to watch, er, bits & pieces of it. Somehow, The Boss took a bit of a dim view to actually watching the thing... besides, they didn't have one this year, did they?

The gag became a little less funny when someone actually tried a Lingerie Football League a few years back, and I don't recall seeing a Lingerie Bowl since then.

W3WN
02-04-2014, 09:10 AM
< snip >
Can't wait until Next Friday when real news will return and they stop milking this non-story for all it's worth. Get off your patookas reporters and do real news.You mean, like this one?

Dog arrested in South Carolina for Shoplifiting (http://www.pet360.com/dog/lifestyle/dog-arrested-in-south-carolina-for-shoplifting/iYLTxk-1skmhFfrffL0o1w?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=outbrain&utm_campaign=Articles&utm_content=Caught-on-Camera-Dog-Robs-Dollar-General&extcid=OUTA)