PDA

View Full Version : Made in China

NY4Q
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
It's AMAZING what is being made in China and shipped to the local Ace Hardware. I needed a plant stake and picked one up at Ace down the street from my work.

As the lady was scanning the items, I saw "MADE IN CHINA" on the price sticker. This is a pine wood 1x1x30 pine stake for holding up a mater plant. Jeepers.

K7SGJ
01-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Dija check to see where the mater seeds came from?

NY4Q
01-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Dija check to see where the mater seeds came from?

WELP, it wasn't for maters. I cut it and used it to hold the L's in my Dual-L antenna tuner I've rebuilt.

W2NAP
01-25-2014, 04:38 PM
When I am out to buy something, 1st thing I check for is a made in china tag.
If it is made in china, I toss it back on the shelf and walk away.

NQ6U
01-25-2014, 04:52 PM
When I am out to buy something, 1st thing I check for is a made in china tag.
If it is made in china, I toss it back on the shelf and walk away.

So, you haven't purchased any new items in the last ten years, right?

W2NAP
01-25-2014, 05:01 PM
So, you haven't purchased any new items in the last ten years, right?

very very few. unlike many if I am going to spend HARD earned money I want something with quality that will last more then a year or two at most.

KB3LAZ
01-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Somethings are just amazing. I remember looking at a pack of mushrooms that said from China. I am from PA, there is no need for me to buy Chinese mushrooms. Then again, here in Alicate if you buy seafood that is frozen, it is from China. If you want it to come from Spain then you have to buy fresh.

It seems that about 50% of what I buy is from China. A lot comes from Taiwan as well. I'd say that only about 25% comes from the EU or North America. So then about 75% comes from one Asian country or another.

kb2vxa
01-25-2014, 09:21 PM
I had a girlfriend from China, and she sure wasn't frozen! Everything else made in Japan or Malaysia, except a packet radio TNC made in the snake infested swamps of Mississippi and a Dash! poster made in a town in NY so small they don't even have a horse.