PDA

View Full Version : Art? (NSFW)

KB3LAZ
01-25-2014, 09:03 AM
The following is not only not safe for work but it may or may not cause you to regurgitate. Turning back now is highly recommended for those with a weak constitution.

That aside, I am not sure why one would think this is art or even sane for that matter. I was checking my email at work when I came across this article on yahoo about a Starwars fan who bought and split open a horse for the purpose of art and or her obsession. The woman strips nude, climbs inside the horse and even licks and chews on its insides. To me, that is disturbing.

I want to ask, what the hell is wrong with people but then I have to ask myself...Am I just blind to "Art"? Anyone care to enlighten me?

http://www.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/11/jasha_lottin_portland_nudist_b.php

PS: I put this here in Rumpus due to its for lack of a better term, perverse nature.

K7SGJ
01-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Sick fucks.

PA5COR
01-25-2014, 09:59 AM
^That....

W5BRM
01-25-2014, 10:41 AM
I think she shot the wrong life form

KB3LAZ
01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Okay, so it isn't just me. Good to know.

VE7DCW
01-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Disturbing is an absolute understatement! ......to be perfectly honest....those two are crying out for medical help!...and along with any animal cruelty criminal charges! :irked:

KB3LAZ
01-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Disturbing is an absolute understatement! ......to be perfectly honest....those two are crying out for medical help!...and along with any animal cruelty criminal charges! :irked:

It seems that there no laws against it in their state. But those were my thoughts as well. It is just twisted.

kb2vxa
01-25-2014, 06:25 PM
I really don't care to see any pictures, one of a disgusting, mentally (insert PC word here) woman was quite enough. What I found disturbing is what she did isn't considered cruelty to animals in Washington, it should be.

NY4Q
01-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I didn't look, but I think it reads as pretty gross.

AC8KF WALT
01-25-2014, 07:08 PM
and i catch hell for deer hunting.

W3WN
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I may not be able to describe it, but I know what art is.

That's not art. That's an allegedly human being in need of intense therapy and other medical treatment.

K7SGJ
01-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I may not be able to describe it, but I know what art is.

That's not art. That's an allegedly human being in need of intense therapy and other medical treatment.

Or as they say in med school.......sick fucks.

N2NH
01-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I've known some real psycho-b's, but this takes the cake. They oughta chuck her ass in the rubber room and throw the key away.

KB3LAZ
01-25-2014, 10:05 PM

The first thought that came to my mind as well. I think you nailed it.

W3WN
01-26-2014, 11:24 AM
I've known some real psycho-b's, but this takes the cake. They oughta chuck her ass in the rubber room and throw the key away.
The first thought that came to my mind as well. I think you nailed it.Well, yeah. I was trying to be polite.

K7SGJ
01-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, yeah. I was trying to be polite.

No need. None of us are sophisticated enough to appreciate politeness. We're just a bunch of vermin. That's really why we're all together on this Island, no?

Brings a tear to yer eye, eh?

KC2UGV
01-26-2014, 01:40 PM

The horse was an elderly horse, set to be put down. The couple bought it, humanely put it down, and then used it in pictures during the butchering process.

There's was nothing "cruel" here. Horses are shot and killed like this thousands of times each day in the US alone.

W5BRM
01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
The horse was an elderly horse, set to be put down. The couple bought it, humanely put it down, and then used it in pictures during the butchering process.

There's was nothing "cruel" here. Horses are shot and killed like this thousands of times each day in the US alone.

Dont think the issue was the humane treatment of the horse. It's what happened AFTER the horse was put down thats the issue

NQ6U
01-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Dont think the issue was the humane treatment of the horse. It's what happened AFTER the horse was put down thats the issue

The horse was dead, an already dying animal that was put down humanely. Who gives a damn what happened to it then? While I don't share this particular couple's vision of art, I think you are all showing a surprising streak of narrow-mindedness more appropriate for the Zed than the Island.

W5BRM
01-26-2014, 03:19 PM
You can call me narrow minded if you want but mutilation of an animal is a sign of someone with an issue. When I say mutilation though, I DONT mean slaughtering animals for the benefit of mankind. I mean simply mutilating a dead animal for entertainments sake. There's a BIG line IMHO between properly consuming (from eating to manufacturing) animal remains and just killing something and rolling around in it just to emulate what you saw in a movie. Sick mindedness is sick mindedness. No narrow mindedness about that at all.

KB3LAZ
01-26-2014, 03:46 PM
The horse was dead, an already dying animal that was put down humanely. Who gives a damn what happened to it then? While I don't share this particular couple's vision of art, I think you are all showing a surprising streak of narrow-mindedness more appropriate for the Zed than the Island.

I think it is narrow-minded to think that others can not have an opinion of their own. Playing with dead things for fun sounds like something a person with a mental illness would do.

WØTKX
01-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Sez the alleged Vampire. :chin:

KB3LAZ
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Sez the alleged Vampire. :chin:

I don't play with my food. My mother taught me better! :)

KK4AMI
01-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Just another cry for attention and fame by our youth.

kb2vxa
01-26-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068370/

KC2UGV
01-27-2014, 07:50 AM

I think cruelty was in the forefront of at least one poster (Particularly, the one I replied to):

and along with any animal cruelty criminal charges!

Exactly.

I think it is narrow-minded to think that others can not have an opinion of their own. Playing with dead things for fun sounds like something a person with a mental illness would do.

While their mental health might be questionable, one might also question the mental health of a person who projects a vampire as their id. People might also question the mental health of someone who is obstinate, and never backs down from a debate. Lot's of things can bring one's mental health into question.

K7SGJ
01-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Aw.... yer crazy.

W3WN
01-27-2014, 08:06 AM
The horse was dead, an already dying animal that was put down humanely. Who gives a damn what happened to it then? While I don't share this particular couple's vision of art, I think you are all showing a surprising streak of narrow-mindedness more appropriate for the Zed than the Island.Well, your holeyness, let me put this in perspective... for me, at least.

My father was an artist, primarily paint and then metal sculpture, with some dabbling in carving and other media. He exhibited in a lot of art shows, including the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibition twice a year -- aka the Greenwich Village (Outdoor/Street) Art Show. I got dragged along to a lot of these, and I got to see a lot of Art. And a lot of crap.

So, like I said... I may not be able to give you a dictionary definition, but I know what Art is. Real Art. And I also know what Crap is. Including a lot of so-called Art that is mere pandering. Or worse.

IMHO, this isn't Art.

KC2UGV
01-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Aw.... yer crazy.

I think I was sorta implying that :P

Well, your holeyness, let me put this in perspective... for me, at least.

My father was an artist, primarily paint and then metal sculpture, with some dabbling in carving and other media. He exhibited in a lot of art shows, including the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibition twice a year -- aka the Greenwich Village (Outdoor/Street) Art Show. I got dragged along to a lot of these, and I got to see a lot of Art. And a lot of crap.

So, like I said... I may not be able to give you a dictionary definition, but I know what Art is. Real Art. And I also know what Crap is. Including a lot of so-called Art that is mere pandering. Or worse.

IMHO, this isn't Art.

It might not be. It might be. The Piss Christ was considered by many to not be art. In fact, it was ridiculed widely for not being art, while claiming it was. One group stood out as defending it's art status: A group of Nuns from the RC Church, who stated it illustrated perfectly what the catholic faith has become to many.

Now, it's not my cuppa, but then again, I'm not a big fan of Monet's either.

KK4AMI
01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
If she ain't sick now, she might soon be!

In 1994 several horse handlers in Australia became ill after working with horses with pneumonia like symptoms. The infection was found to be caused by equine morbillivirus, and renamed Hendra Virus. Hendra Virus is felt to be transferred through bodily fluids. Handlers came in contact with blood, mucous or feces of the sick horses and were themselves infected. The host for HeV is a fruit bat (http://animals.about.com/od/mammals/ig/Mammal-Pictures/Fruit-Bats.htm) or ‘flying fox’ native to Australia. But horse/human transfer of infection like this is rare.
Other risks are:

anthrax (http://horses.about.com/od/vaccinating_your_horse/p/Learn-About-Anthrax-Poisoning-In-Horses.htm)
brucellosis
salmonellosis (http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/zoonotic/a/CW-Salmonella.htm)
cryptosporidiosis
leptospirosis
yersiniosis
campylobacter
coli Veterinarians and meat handlers are most at risk. Anthrax is well known in connection with biological warfare. Yet anthrax poisoning due to livestock is unlikely. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention no human incidences of anthrax occurred from any source in 2000 although 53 cattle farms were quarantined for anthrax.

Can My Horse Make Me Sick?Infectious Diseases You Can and Can't Catch from Your HorseBy Katherine Blocksdorf (http://horses.about.com/bio/Katherine-Blocksdorf-16179.htm)

W3WN
01-27-2014, 02:36 PM
< snip >
It might not be. It might be.
< snip >Po TAY To. Po TAH To.

I respect the opinion of those who believe it is Art, even as I firmly believe that it is not. With that in mind, I did want to make it clear that I've had exposure to a good bit of Art from across the board and from multiple media. So I'd like to think that my opinion is based on more than "it's not traditional, therefore it's not Art".

W9JEF
01-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Our black kitty (Liz) likes to catch critters and present them at our back door as gifts.

After she killed a rat (and played with it for a while), her nemesis and rival, "Gray Kitty"

proceeded to eat it, starting at its head, pulling out the whole alimentary canal

and miscellaneous organs, discarding those which were considered non-comestible. :sick:

KB3LAZ
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
I think cruelty was in the forefront of at least one poster (Particularly, the one I replied to):

Exactly.

While their mental health might be questionable, one might also question the mental health of a person who projects a vampire as their id. People might also question the mental health of someone who is obstinate, and never backs down from a debate. Lot's of things can bring one's mental health into question.

So then you, myself, and the others you quoted are mentally ill. ;) I get your point but I think that killing and mutilating something for fun is a bit more extreme than having a silly title or being argumentative.

KB3LAZ
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
I think I was sorta implying that :P

You may be crazy but nowhere near that extent. In fact I have always viewed you as someone who respects life, human or otherwise and live or dead.

kb2vxa
01-28-2014, 12:14 AM
"... life, human or otherwise and live or dead."

Zombies, no matter how many brains they eat they don't get any smarter.